1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Carronade damage is less then Defenders Armor

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Lvhoang, 4 Aug 2017.

1. Lvhoang

Lvhoang New Member

My defender Mk 4 has 30 Defense..... I was contemplating upgrading my speeder to MK 4 with Rare Carronade lvl 5... and realized it did 5 x 30 damage (oO) :eek::eek::eek:
    If my speeder shoots carronade at Defender MK4, will it just do 1 damage?:eek::eek::eek:

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. Shooter@Bay

Shooter@Bay Active Member

I liked carronade in the very early game combined with cannon. It was wonderful, but later in the game, I was spammed with mortars, so not removed that as it was not possible to go such close.
    Not using carronade, as it won't do any damage to a defender.

3. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

caronade needs a MASSIVE overhaul.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  4. Shooter@Bay

Shooter@Bay Active Member

It's about 11% stronger than cannon and 11% weaker than sniper cannon, which is completely unjustified. These are even without considering the defense points. Range, projectile speed is shorter. Plus, the defense points trouble. Still, it is not much stronger than these two cannons. The range is so short that it can be used only in the last resort. I ditched a carronade long ago. But, it has lots of crew training available, if you are not a speeder, then you can easily add crew training for it.

5. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

lol try a maxed out carro with all the projectiles unlocked.. it does a little over 1000 damage at close range to everything except a defender, and slows them so they can't get away. Pretty powerful. And since defenders are slow and can't get away, their weak defense is very much needed for carro defense. It's not for everybody, but it's a fantastic defensive weapon on a shooter, and offensive weapon on a speeder / enforcer.

StormMagnus and Ultrah like this.
  6. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

I mean at mk 2-3-4 level, not mk 5-6-7 level.

7. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Pretty much, yeah. I shot a carrot at a Defender with higher defense than my gun's per-pellet damage, and most of the projectiles just bounced off. They didn't even do 1 damage, just nothing happened. One or two of the projectiles still went through and did 1 for some reason I can't explain.

Of course it's fine at max level, since it's ridiculous damage and debuffs are balanced by it's short range. At mid and low level, though, it's a craponade. It does pretty much no damage to Defenders or Shooters, has no serious debuffs, and has a range that means you will usually only use it against Speeders. Speeders don't have any armor so at least they take damage, but it's not worth using in most matches since Speeder melees don't really happen that often. I had the good fortune of using a carrot in a couple of matches where massive Speeder melees did happen, and it was glorious. It was a useless empty slot in every other match.

8. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Carronade is a defense weapon, great against speeders enforcers shooters and fixers but you might not want to chase a defender with it! :D