1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Un-received items from the shop

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by TheCrisco, 8 Aug 2017.

1. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

I'm sure I saw a thread that seemed like it was about this before, but haven't been able to locate it. Anyway, I bought rare parts from the store in the latest refresh, about 100, and they didn't show up. Is this a known issue, and if so, is there a way to avoid it in the future? I'm not exactly swimming in rare parts to begin with, and would like to minimize instances of missing them. Besides, they're not exceptionally cheap and gold takes time to build up. I'd appreciate any assistance, thanks.

2. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
  3. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

I mean, yeah, I could probably get the parts with a support request, but that does nothing to answer my actual questions. I'm not exceedingly upset over it, just trying to find out if it's a known issue with existing solutions, or I've somehow stumbled into some new issue.

4. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    If support responds, you could let the community know the outcome.

5. Miika

Miika Game Lead

There has never been a recorded case where the player would have spent their resources and not get what they paid for. It is also very unlikely to ever happen because of the failsafe way we have implemented purchasing. Either your resources are used and you get what you bought, or then you don't get your purchase but your resources are not deducted either.

Few possible scenarios might be look like this:
    1. Your connection drops, and you press purchase. The client predicts the purchase to hide latency and shows that your resources are deducted. However, then your game disconnects because no data was flowing to the server and you get back to the situation before the attempted purchase, because the purchase packet never reached the server.
    2. You purchase something successfully, and then the server crashes (Super rare). You lost what you purchased because the state was not yet persisted to the database. However, you don't lose the resources either because their spent was not persisted either.

TL;DR: Spending resources and gaining new stuff are done atomically in one database query. It's not really possible for only one of them succeed. It's always either or.

Totoro likes this.
  6. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

Hmm. It's possible scenario 1 happened. I didn't record my exact gold amount following the purchases, but I certainly didn't get as many rare parts as I should've. I'll just have to pay closer attention to that in the future, I suppose. And also not immediately buy out the store and then use my daily refresh. <_<;

7. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

I know this is an old thread but I got the issue today when I purchased a rare yellow piece from store and it didn't get added to my inventory. I don't have any yellow rare pieces and the one I purchased was not present in inventory. I guess I will contact support for this issue. If it's some random bug devs might be able to look into it.