1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Can't I Play a MK1 ship at 2100 Infamy?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SleazyP.Martini, 7 Aug 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SleazyP.Martini

SleazyP.Martini New Member

my enforcer and defender ships are both at mk1. I want to learn to use them. But I'm drawing a lot of hate in VIP chat when I asked if I could get banned for using them. That's absurd. To think if I battle with a ship and honestly try, that I could get banned.

Now I'm a speeder at heart. But I rushed and paid for my fixer to get to mk5. All in one shot. That cost a pretty penny. And guess what? I still lose with fixer the majority of the time. I suck with fixer. I have to rush my mk1's just so I can play with them? How is this my fault?

I get the premise that playing a weaker ship hurts the rest of your teammates. But doesn't playing a high level ship (as in my fixer) and being horrible with it equate to the exact same thing? I mean, it's not like I'm trying lose on purpose. I really do want to learn with all my ships. But it seems you get reported if you do. How do I learn my weaker ships then? I shouldn't have to pay to play with them.

What should I do? And can I honestly get a temp ban for using them?

2. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

Suck it up and level the other ships to playing standard first.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  3. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

I'll tell it straight to you. If you decide to use a weak and worthless mk1 ship at 2100 infamy you deserve to be banned forever. Do you want to ruin the match of 4 other players just because you selfishly want to try a new mk1 ship?

Just grind some gold together and upgrade another ship. How could you even think of using a weak and worthless mk1 ship at 2100 infamy?

Captain Gilligan and Ultrah like this.
  4. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Surely you see the implications of using a mk1 boat at that infamy..you greatly decrease the chance of winning..just the same when idiots fleet with players 700-800 less infamy. The reason you'd be banned is because your teammates would more than likely report you for intentionally dropping infamy..which is what will happen.
    As Wishaal said..if you want to try other boats..lvl them up 1st..plus any weapons you're thinking of using. Don't take a tier 1 peashooter to a tier 4 gunfight.
    It's nobody elses fault you rushed levelling up the boats you're not too good with..maybe stick with speeder until the other boats are on par..even then it's going to take time to get used to them.

5. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    So your plan was to use mk1 ships in 2100 infamy to see if you would be good using them. I understand your thought, but lets just be real here; how do you expect to know if you will like the ship especially without a full loadout, and getting destroyed in 2-3 hits because of extremely low health? Even if you wanted to see if you liked using the ships, it just wouldnt work, there's no way to have success at mk1 vs mk4-5. I recommend watching videos of other gameplay to see if you would like using that ship. Sorry if this came out as harsh, just wanted to offer my advice.

6. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

Why let your other frames lag that far behind in the first place? I get that gold can be a pain to farm sometimes, but do you never get bored of constantly using the same frame?

7. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Solution appears to be giving Rovio some money to buy pearls then converting them to gold.

8. Wishaal

You know what they say, don't swap out a winning horse. I get that he feels like he isn't doing well with his fixer, but he shouldn't swap out that losing horse with a guinea pig.

9. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

Err...I don't understand what you're getting at. Obviously you shouldn't be using a Mk1 ship at 2k infamy; I was asking TC why his other ships were Mk1 still to begin with. It's not expensive to Mk2 them at the very least, but realistically it seems to make the most sense to keep them maxed out as best as possible, in order to make it as easy as you can to switch when you want to.

10. Wishaal

Because of your previous comment about getting bored about always using the same frame. With that you mean the same ship right? Most people use a certain ship because they are winning with it. And thus, don't swap out a winning horse.

11. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

But you started with a winning horse comment, then went off on some tangent about guinea pigs. Either way, neither one was relevant. TC clearly already decided he wanted to use a different ship, but has inexplicably devoted zero resources to any ship not named speeder previously. I don't understand that. They're relatively inexpensive to keep leveled up (as compared to buying perks/weapons/etc), why not just do it? Swapping over isn't a question of 'if,' at this point. It's just a question of 'why did you set yourself up for failure?' now.

12. Wishaal

Obviously, his fixer and speeder are the horses, and his other mk1 ships are the guinea pigs. Wich would do better in a race? (Please don't take this too litteraly, ships speed has nothing to do with it)

13. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

So much hate against a thread that touches upon one of the crucial issues BB has.
    Getting a secondary ship to a resonable level (mks, crew and items) takes far too long. I am sick and tired of being locked into playing Fixer only. But to make a second ship playable I would need 7million gold for mks, alot more gold to level items (assuming that I against all odds manage to find duplicates) and a month of crew training.

So the options are to run a suboptimal ship and penalize your team (and yourself I guess) or stick to one boat for thousand and thousand of games. This desperately needs to be adressed and soon. Either by a clever way to matchmake alt boats, other game modes or (god forbid) a less taxing progression system.
    Just a small thing like being able to safe two crew talent loadouts (or one pr boat) would be something.

14. Swarlos

Swarlos Member

I'm a Fixer. I play it 100% of the time. I chose that category because it's the one I like the most. But sometimes, indeed, I'd like to play with a Shooter, or a Speeder, or whatever. I cant, because they re not competitive, even if I try to keep them at decent Mks. Theyre still below my Fixer, and I dont have good weapons and so on.

I think a training mode is desperately needed (to try ships, weapons...).

DaveRay35 and Captain Gilligan like this.
  15. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

If you are at 2100 infamy, it would be almost free to upgrade it to Mk2. And would take less than a day to upgrade them to Mk3.
    Don't be a scumbag. Upgrade them first.

Wishaal likes this.
  16. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Thank you, thank you. Now I don't have to repeat it. It's such a waste of the game's potential right now. ^^^^

17. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

This is the worst excuse for a seal clubber I've seen in my life. You are not trying to practice, you are purposely losing. You can upgrade the boats to AT LEAST mk2 with 4 games of playing, don't give that excuse that you are only using them to practice if you are using mk1. Upgrade them, then use them.

Wishaal, retryW and TheCrisco like this.
  18. BattleArmor

BattleArmor New Member

A year go by and now u have skillful mk1 players in ace that is better than a mk5 ship.....

19. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

A year ago the game was very different.
    You now have people with multiple legendaries in MK1 at lower leagues.
    Bumping such an old thread with no added value really wasnt needed ;)

20. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

BattleArmor is ‘that guy’ who won’t upgrade his ship (even though he’s a really high level) :rolleyes:

Nikkie! and Ash KOT like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.