1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anybody run gear lube or rudder?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by BasedCarpen, 6 Aug 2017.

1. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I know theoretical mechanics lol, but since you are a rudder using fixer(we had a game together) i wanted to know if it was practically as effective as i thought it would be. You with your awesome painting skills my friend, have clear my doubts. Thanks!!!!

Miathan likes this.
  2. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

With a level 50 rare or level 35 epic rudder on a speeder, you don't need to circle straff anymore, you can literally run 8s around enemies apparently.

Also, I'm not sure if it'll help a defender considering that defender has a really lame base agility

3. Babablacksheep

That's the foremost reason of using rudder

4. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

I use a rudder on my fixer which I find quite beneficial, I prefer that to help me get out of red rings of death.

5. - Oskar -

- Oskar - Well-Known Member

I used it before in the shooter and it was amazing the difference, I changed it because the bandage is very useful with this boat, but the rudder is really good. A big difference for the 1v1, I advise you to save it, do not do as I ...

6. JustinBeaver

JustinBeaver Member

How to use rudder on shooter?

Rudder, bandage, turbo?

7. CheekyDevilGod

You don't get it, all blue items except shields give you bonus stats in the form of percentage. You'll gain less on a defender. You max agility on a mk5 speeder using an epic level 40 rudder but you'll fall short when using the same on a defender. It may not be worth it, using shields or bandages may help better in gameplay

8. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Yes it works off a percentage. But that percentage is still the same value for each ship. A speeder will turn faster overall, but it is still only turning the same percentage faster than it's base.

9. GoGoPop

GoGoPop New Member

My 2 cents:
    Rudder for Fixer (my main) and Defenders. Maybe some shooters, but not likely.
    Gear Lube for Defenders, Shooters and Speeders. Though hardly ever see lube on any Shooters or Speeders. Trade off is too harsh to equip either at MK4 and below. More for MK5+. With my Fixer I constantly switch between shield, turbo and rudder with overboost as a yellow. The reason I switch so much is I get mad about those I play. Mortar campers make me put on my rudder and shield. Speeders hunting me make me put back on the turbo and shield. When I'm feeling frisky I put on the turbo and rudder. Feels like a game I can never win. Every time I take my shield off I put it back on pretty fast lmao. Its hard surviving up in 3k+ infamy without a shield. Low damn health and crazy crits will change your mind.

aKifer likes this.
  10. CheekyDevilGod

Percentage is the same without a doubt, that's the issue, if I had a base agility of 23 degrees, I wouldn't even reach 50 with a rudder.

I am not sure about others but I'm not sure if a 43 degree agility is worth losing a bandage or shield

11. Babablacksheep

What class and tier?

12. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

Fixer MK4 Tier 3 Master (presume this is what you mean?).

I current have a rare rudder LVL 15 with a rare +15% perk. The bonus on it shows at 36.7% increasing my base of 27.3% - 36.4%.

Babablacksheep likes this.