1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mines are overpowered.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by D3X, 3 Aug 2017.

1. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

I've noticed that as well, players develop the battle sense to avoid random mines somewhere between 2000-3000. Now I usually have to be really smart with the placement, or actively "force" people into them - i.e. pull or push, try to force position swaps, or mortar while player is on top of wave with mine on the down-slope.

I'm a slow shooter though, so my options are limited, I expect they are used much more actively by faster ships in nightmare league.

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

You're a shooter, you use mines as a drop and go weapon while you are moving. These speeders and enforcers use mines as their main weapon and learned how to place over walls into a group of 5 players in a way that makes it seem like their team has just placed the mine there

Ian likes this.
  3. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

That's just great strategy/mine skills by those speeders and enforcers. It still doesn't make mines overpowered. And haven't we all been in those matches where a speeder and enforcer used nothing but mines, but they never hit anything that match?

4. Joey who

I'm not saying they are overpowered. But there are small changes that could balance it a bit more

5. Wishaal

With balance chances you mean nerfs right? I actually think mines should receive a small enhancement. Not a damage buf tough since the damage is high enough already. But just a little bit less colldown, and quicker activation time.

6. Joey who

In nightmare league they have mines that 1 shot kill full hp ships. You think that needs enhancement?

7. leonard tan

leonard tan New Member

I have a mine that does 4.75k damage... Yes.Cry more. Be stupid and step on it more. BE STUPID.

8. Wishaal

I have a legendary mine that deals 2753 damage, and that's actually one of the stronger mines in my infamy range (3000). Most people in that range don't even have mines as strong as that. But 2753 damage, that's just a little bit over half hp on an mk5 shooter. It's not even enough to make defenders panic. And most mk6 shooters also won't panic over 2753 damage. And I even encounter lots of speeders with 4,5k hp. So mines really don't need a nerf. At least, not in the 3000 infamy range.

The max damage potential of my legendary mine is around 3800 (of course it will be a little bit more with captain training, but for that amount of damage you would need a tier 5 legendary mine, yeah right). So are you sure you aren't a little bit exaggerating that mines in nightmare league can kill ships with full hp?

9. curseDDestiny

curseDDestiny Member

Mines stay only 1.30 minutes and then they self detonate.
    Mines already have longer cooldown and longer initiation time ( 4 seconds).

10. Joey who

Look at the first match in this video. When you are able to do this with any weapon do you really think it should be enhanced? (Let alone it being a 1 slot item!)

Last edited: 7 Aug 2017
  11. Shooter@Bay

Shooter@Bay Active Member

Once I see one mine thrown by an enemy, I become extra careful and slow and sometimes don't even move much without seeing.

If my team has mine, then I move freely and chances of stepping on others' mines increases.

12. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Kacabungis has 4.5k health. RNG Kenzer does not have maxed Epic mines yet.

13. Joey who

True. But I was referring to how he just popped a mine into the crack of the tunnel and basically won his team the game with that 1 shot.

14. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Yeah and i'm saying that there's more room to improve that mine more to 1-shot pop more than one ship with that tactic.

I've mentioned this exact strategy earlier.

15. Joey who

Yea they really need to lower arc at least. I've been seeing the over-the-wall tactic a lot on crash and burn. But if not ohwell, I just won't pass through those areas anymore

16. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Here's another one in a speeder.

17. Joey who

I watch all his videos, he's really good

18. Mechwarrior.

Mechwarrior. New Member

Battle bay has gone over this time and time again I don't use mines personally

but they aren't changing anything on them they are suppose to be dangerous
    that is the whole entire point of a mine is to sink a ship in one

if they do let's say the same damage as the second highest weapon then everyone would use that and not mines because that will then be a mine that can be fired and then people will then complain that weapon is to strong because it does the same damage as a mine and then the mines will become pointless

Also battle bay has confirmed they aren't changing the colour to identify
    Who's is who's mine because it'll lose there scare factor not knowing if one will blow up on you is part of the fun the only advice I can say Is
    don't go over them and avoid them with your life

Last edited: 14 Aug 2017
  19. Wishaal

@Joeyaa and @D3X, plz tell me you guys are kidding. Please tell me you don't think mines need to be nerfed based on just 1 vid? He just deals around 2800 damage with his mines. And did you see how close he had to go to the wall? This was just genius strategy on his part, nothing overpowered about that.

All I see in that video is a guy that is a genius with mine placement. By watching the vid I'm even more convinced that mines actually deserve a buff instead of a nerf.

What's next... Will you guys call missile launcher overpowered because of waveblower? Will you guys call railgun overpowered because of bittersteel? Will you guys call explosive canon overpowered because of Punk? And will you guys call defender overpowered because of P0rthos? Those are all just players with exceptional skill, nothing else. Everything is overpowered in the hands of exceptionally skilled players.

So @Joeyaa and @D3X , plz get real.

Zangetsu likes this.
  20. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Truth of a matter is. with A p2w game like this one, there's plenty of Overpowered weapons. The more you climb up the more you'll see them and be in awe. Is it Skill? I'm never too sure, it seems a combination of both. First video of Kenzer is great, but he's not the first to ever do that, It's not genius. Just common sense at 4k plus.

Missiles were overpowered, and Rovio balanced it. Railguns were even more powerful before with no range reduction, but they revised it in a earlier version. Explosive cannon isn't overpowered because it doesn't deal 4k damage in one blow. And defenders are not overpowered, they are underpowered on their own, they need a full support of other ships to be effective.

RNG Kenzer's mines do approximately 4.4k Damage as a T4 Epic Mine, not 2.8 as you claim them to be. You should look up how much they do at this level, i tried posting the details in this thread but nobody seems to read them.

Last edited: 7 Aug 2017