1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Freezing and burning weapons credited unreasonably high

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Spongeboat, 1 Aug 2017.

1. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

Before starting, I want to get something clear, I know and acknowledge that status inflicting (burning and freezing) weapons are really helpful, I have no problem ships with these weapons taking more credits in battle, for example getting more stars despite dealing lower damage.
    But sometimes the difference is so significant and I'm not gonna lie, sometimes I got salty about. It I've had battles where I deal like 3x more damage but players with firebombs or frost launcher got more stars than me.
    Half an hour ago, I just had the worst. I dealt roughly 5 times more damage, but a speeder with a flare gun, a fire bomb, and a frost launcher got 3 stars while I got merely 2.
    What's your opinion guys? Do you agree with me that burning and freezing weapons might get too much credit or is it just me being salty?
    Here I included a screenshot. Screenshot_20170802-022147.png

2. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

Looks like the speeder was trying to farm stars lol. He doesn't even look like he wants to win

OT: I honestly think it's fine, whenever someone's on fire, everyone with cannon gets a damage boost. Whenever someone's frozen, torpedos get damage boost, its helpful to allow everyone to do more damage. They deserve the credit AS LONG as their team actually takes advantage of the opportunity.

Last edited: 1 Aug 2017
    Babablacksheep likes this.
  3. AhmEDEXpress

AhmEDEXpress Member

What about that guy who nearly dealt double the damage, taking into consideration he is in a lower league and getting only 1 star?

ffs, this total BS, Rovio!

4. Spongeboat

Ikr, I hope rovio consider to re-balance this. I mean burning and freezing opponents are helpful but so is dealing a lot of damage, both should be credited appropriately.

5. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Yep, this is how it goes. You get absolutely zero extra contribution from using those items if they don't actually benefit somebody else in the battle. (Extra meaning that fire weapons get the normal damage contribution, and frost gives nothing since there is no damage inflicted)

Rivet likes this.
  6. Kustomz

Kustomz Active Member

@Miika i dont see my tesla bolt ever get extra credit... well not the credit a freeze and fire does

JustinBeaver and lolawola like this.
  7. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

same here. only my dmg gets credited. stun never

JustinBeaver likes this.
  8. Spongeboat

Still, though. It still looks a bit ridiculous. Despite all the burning and frosting he does, it's the other ship that do the heavy lifting by contributing significantly (5 times) higher damage, but apparently doesn't deserve the same 3 stars.
    Does that mean whenever I hit an opponent under frost effect with my mortar that have frost perk damage all contribution goes to him and I get none?
    If that's the case I might as well rip that perk off and replace it with normal raw damage.

9. El Comandante.

El Comandante. New Member

You have more weapons thats why you did more damage.
    Deal damage is not speeder job. All boats have a rol, hi did a good rol performance and got him 3 stars
    All your weapons got benefit from his nice job, thanks to him you got 2 stars... my humble opinion
    (Missile, mortar, and torpedo got benefit from frost, and the sniper cannon got benefit from fire) teamwork is very important

LimeOnMars likes this.
  10. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

Stars isn't that actually benificial right now. I really wish you can buy a rare one not just uncommon .

11. curseDDestiny

curseDDestiny Member

There is a possibility that being a speeder he may have caused unfriends to miss a shot or scout their positions early on. It is difficult to just assume anything only on the basis of scoreboard. The roles of both ships are different. I see you have torps as well as mortars, both benefit from frost items. So in a way that speeder is contributing to your damage from 3 weapons out of 4. As a shooter if you hit with higher accuracy you do get 3 stars.

12. Spongeboat

Yeah, I actually don't really care that much about star rewards at the moment because all you can buy are uncommon boxes. It's just the sense of accomplishment you get when you score 3 stars, it's really satisfying.

behumble likes this.
  13. ElMataC

ElMataC Member

While I agree this case seems off, t's just a one-off, you said yourself this was the worst you got.

Anyway what you call "heavy-lifting" might have been nothing withut that speeder's contribution. I mean it is possible that some of your team's torpedoes or mortar shots wouldn't have hit anything at all if it wasn't for the frost applied.

And about the perk thing, it's not that you don't get the contribution, it's that he gets the contribution too, simple as that

El Comandante. and Cyberfisch like this.