1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What does a legendary item actually cost? - CAD, USD

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Captain Gilligan, 2 Jul 2017.

1. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

I've spent 400$ and got 2 legendaries.
    all were red n blue pieces
    i also got 3 free pieces from scraping uncommon/rares, so that helped.

Captain Gilligan likes this.
  2. disorder

disorder Active Member

Spent 450 euros(around 100 per month)
    Scrapped all item "useless" for 1 build (enforcer)
    I Ve in Legendary piece :
    6Red, 3yellow, 3 blue.
    And will probably get a useless leg weapon in 4/5month ( decide to stop pay for this shit, and will certainly stop playing before)
    A Fucking joke.

Last edited: 1 Aug 2017
  3. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    I agree that it's quite the premium to get a legendary item :/ however we are kinda stuck with it. The truth is there are many players from all levels willing to spend INCREDIBLE amounts of money to get there infamy up. I have seen countless tier 1 legendaries, many tier 2 and 3 ones, a few tier 4 ones, and even a TIER 5 LEGENDARY (I died to that monster of a weapon in game). For the majority of players the cost is too great for them to even consider buying a legendary, after all, it is just a mobile game. But the fact that a good amount of players ARE willing to spend money as it is right now means that it won't get easier.
    Imagine if rovio made it possible to choose your legendary. All those people who were willing to spend money without that feature would ABUSE the feature and their loadout would be so stupidly powerful. An update effects all players, not just the ones who asked for it.
    Also, I'm sure those people mentioned before would feel VERY ripped off if rovio suddenly made it easier to get a legendary. They spent all the money getting their legendary items and now it's way easier for everyone else. That could lead to some very heated arguments because we are talking about many thousands of $ in some cases :/
    Unfortunately almost all changes to the system would result in something similar to this. We are kinda stuck with it...

4. Captain Gilligan

Really? That's quite lucky! So you spent $400 and got 17-20 red items and the rest blue? (Im kinda jealous)

5. Captain Gilligan

That is more my experience, I'm sitting at 7 red legendary pieces and about 4-5 of yellow and blue. I would probably cry if I got a horrible item...

6. Captain Gilligan

It's $139.99 per 14000 pearls for us Canadians :p you have it good my friend. Or maybe we all have it bad o - o

7. Shooter@Bay

Shooter@Bay Active Member

May be, Rovio doesn't want the happy customers who spend around $500 to get one legendary item. It wants the whales who can spend much more to get an item of their choice (tier 3 legendaries!). Why change the system if people are willing to pay more.

Their weapons will be powerful, that's obvious and okay. They will jump the infamy wall, upto their skill level.

Even if Rovio agrees now, those people who were already irritated by what they got after combining pieces would be seriously ripped off now. Yes, we are stuck. This would be a last plan, Rovio may take after declining revenues (and may even offer to exchange the earlier purchased legendary weapons for one-time to get some more revenues from these ripped off players).

I think the end of the game is that persons who pay in thousands of dollars should be happy customers, and should be offered to choose a weapon, rather than a random.

Don't know if this is relevant, but this person: https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/my-friend-has-a-problem-no-items.10585/ scrapped all his items (may be in anger, as he didn't got what he wanted after paying some money).

8. Captain Gilligan

Well I for one would love to have this implemented. Maybe there is a work around that the devs could do to make most people happy.

9. disorder

disorder Active Member

Thinking that we need to put 1000 dollars for gain a random legendary item is just crazy.
    Never seen a moba like this and played a lot (stilland, dungeonhunter, clasofclan at high level, etc... and never seen this).
    Played for years at mmorpg (lineage, wow, rfonline, city of heros, conan, etc...)
    It was 12 or 13 euros per month... Here even with 100 euros per month, i will never seen the end...
    Just change my vote on googleplay 1star is enough, i must tell people that without money they will reach end game in 3 year

Captain Gilligan likes this.
  10. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

no, it was more like 1red/1blue/1red/1blue.. and so forth. i now have 1 red and 1 blue legendary.

11. Scrublordmasternub

Scrublordmasternub New Member

Electrician⚡
    You're not scrapping epics. . .

12. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

IMG_0729.PNG
    I have scrapped at least 60 epics..(all mortars and other stuff ill never use)
    I got 1 piece from them!

13. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

I can't fathom how people spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on a game to win 50% of the time no matter what you equip.

Scrublordmasternub likes this.
  14. Shooter@Bay

You have scrapped 60 epics and got 1 legendary piece in total?

15. monobrow

Yep
    Guess my luck sucks..

16. Shooter@Bay

How about levelling it upto level 11 and then scrapping, you'll get much better rewards.

17. monobrow

Levelling an epic up to 11?
    Bro. Worst. Suggestion. Ever.....

You do know how hard it is to get dupes and parts for epics, right?
    The method is sometimes used for uncommons and rares, but never epics. Unless you are a bazillionaire.

18. Shooter@Bay

You scrapped 60 epics. So, you must have many duplicates.

For levelling up to level 11 epic requires the corresponding crew level 8 talent, plus 218 epic parts, 1136 rare parts and 10 epic power cells. After scrapping one would get about half epic parts, half epic power cells, plus better guaranteed rewards. See this link: bit.ly/BB_level

Seems like you've lots of epics.
    Can you tell me some numbers:
    what are the guaranteed rewards for scrapping epic items?
    epic tier 1: epic pieces, rare pieces, epic power cells, chance of "this" ?
    epic tier 2: epic pieces, rare pieces, epic power cells, chance of "this" ?
    epic tier 3: epic pieces, rare pieces, epic power cells, chance of "this" ?
    epic tier 4: epic pieces, rare pieces, epic power cells, chance of "this" ?
    epic tier 5: epic pieces, rare pieces, epic power cells, chance of "this" ?

19. monobrow

You make a fair argument, but there are also other considerations such as storage space (im at 75 and its 1280 peals to go to 80). So i just dont have enough space to keep epics i dont want (mortars) and hope to get a dupe, then waste the epic parts and sugar levelling them up.

On the chances in your post this is all unknown and likely impossible to get based on the same size we can pull together.

I have stsrted keep rares to level to 11 and scrap, but i cant see me doing that with epics. The parts are too scarce

20. Cyberfisch

Cyberfisch Active Member

===OFFTOPIC===
    Why do many people think they have a claim to reach the end game?
    Also at 400, 800 or 2400 Infamy the Gameplay is a huge fun.
    To reach Nightmare was also in times before legendary a long-term process, which has required a lot of effort and patience. Or money!
    Oh, oh rudimentary understanding of statistics ... I have already answered in another thread.
    Take a random player of the top 50 and calculate its win ratio, then you'll see that's a little over 50%, maybe 53.xx% And compare this for example with my at 2400 Infamy, I have 47.xx%.
    Both together makes 100% and that is exactly what is meant with "Matchmaking works, with a win ratio of 50%".

===ONTOPIC===
    There was always money in the game at Battle Bay, but with the global start, Rovio has given all the Wallet Warriors a badge.
    Now a yellow item shows all the players who put really a LOT of money into this game - somehow that has something ironic for me.