1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

"How to change the 'tesla' weapons without making them useless" ideas

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Rivet, 31 Jul 2017.

1. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

Well well well...
    If it isn't the infamous tesla items- one of the most controversial topics in Battle bay (aside from matchmaking). :rolleyes:

These little buggers can be, at least, mildly frustrating in mid to high infamy. At worst, they are the greatest threat to mankind! ...Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit, but they seriously can be threatening in a 1v1 situation- even more so when paired together.

As of recently, I haven't heard too many complaints about these, despite many thinking that the previous nerf to then was lackluster. Interesting.

However I've made this small thread in order to make ideas of how to nerf or change these cheeky little items into something more manageable!

Here are some of my ideas:

Tesla bolt: Just to start off, I feel like the tesla bolt should be changed just a tiny little bit in order not to over nerf it. I feel like a nice addition would be to have it have a range effect decrease. Like the opposite of the fault in, the bolt stuns for less the more it travels. However, as I am aware the bolt is used almost exclusively in close range, I feel this should be a little more drastic than the railgun, say 4 boatlengths away. Then it would go down on a percentage. This isn't a drastic change to the tesla bolt, and shouldn't be a large problem for most.

Tesla shield: [The previous nerf leaves a little to be desired; the stun at the end is useless most of the time. To help fix this, I feel like the stun should be extended to 5 seconds (not too long, but not too short either), and have a little boot up time like the first .5 seconds where the health is greatly reduced for the shield. This is to accommodate the stun nerf, allowing the shield to be taken down easily in the .5 seconds it takes to boot up. For the majority of people this won't effect them, but it will help stop the situations where a tesla shield pops into existence right before your shot hits. If this does happen, you have a 5 second stun! So in every other situation, the shield won't be affected. For example thus will not affect anybody who uses the shield to block damage in anticipation, but only affect people who get a lucky tesla shield right before a shot lands.]
    Apparently this isn't the best idea. Then I guess tis gone :)

I hope you guys can help contribute some ideas and other discussions! :3 :)

Last edited: 1 Aug 2017
  2. Kustomz

Kustomz Active Member

Are you trying to make enemies with all of us Yellow Ships?

3. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

Yes, yes I am :3
    wait... I am a yellow ship! :p

4. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I like the idea of a distance dropoff. I always thought it was ridiculous when someone shoots a tesla bolt from one side of the map to the other at 100% effect.

Rivet and ThatOnion like this.
  5. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

This is only thing I disagree. Tesla shield self-stun is fine. For speeders, even one more sec can have a huge different if middle/close enemy group. Enforcer instead could have more time as there is still double tesla shields but you seriously can't nerf them to ground either as that is one way to play, no matter how annoying it can be. Tesla shield is most hated item probably just because it gives huge boost to hp (as a shield) if used correcty. -- Don't get this wrong, I do think tesla shield is quite powerful item but nerfing it again so soon would make more players quit tbh

I liked tesla bolt effect drop but then again. I don't see there to be that short range to start droping. Maybe a bit more like 6 shiplenght? Then starting to drop slower than railgun as it is electrical shockwave which doesn't really lose it's power in reality. Of course this is a game so it can have some unrealistic features :)

Last edited: 25 Dec 2017
    The Otherguy and Rivet like this.
  6. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

Great... Another nerf idea for speeder.. People must really think speeder is a flying ship huh!

lolawola likes this.
  7. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

yes, lets nerf speeders n enforcers for the third time.
    actually a better idea, lets delete from the game entirely..

TheFixer27 and ThatOnion like this.
  8. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

As a speeder myself please take my comments lightly. The tesla bolt as you put it is a speeders bf and I 100% agree. When going 1on 1 vs say a shooter to be even an match having the bolt makes up for only 2 red slots. One argument will be that we have the extra speed to dodge and get away. This is true most times, but you have to consider that most speeders use close range weapons. I personally do not like a draw if I feel like I have enough hp to last through a couple direct hits. The shield was already nerfed enough. A 5 second stun would make using it worthless and in turn the item itself useless. Tesla shields to me aren't even worth a slot unto it is tiered up a few times.

9. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

Enforcer is literally unplayable till mk 5 and now your detouring more players. I do like the tesla bolt idea but tesla shield nerf is a bit much

Rivet, TheRedSpeeder and ThatOnion like this.
  10. LimeOnMars

LimeOnMars Well-Known Member

So let's rename the shield, let's call it TESLA SHIT

Babablacksheep likes this.
  11. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

I prefer tesla joke :D

Babablacksheep and LimeOnMars like this.
  12. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Nerf Nerfs!

13. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

Tesla shield gets rekt by mortars (unles in direct center) literally destroyed by napalm and torpedoes completely bypas it. By all means its in need of a rework than a nerf

Babablacksheep likes this.
  14. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

Okay I understand that the tesla shield might be a little much :p
    Maybe they should add another yellow item to raise the level of versatilty :)

Jdm7 likes this.
  15. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

I like that idea, maybe an item like a tesla bolt that fires a shield to a friend for a quick block of a mortar or an item that can put out a fire on a friends boat.

Rivet likes this.
  16. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

So ya'll Edison lovers, why do you hate tesla so much XD!

The Otherguy, Rivet and ThatOnion like this.
  17. LimeOnMars

LimeOnMars Well-Known Member

I'd really like to see a new yellow 2 point item :rolleyes:

The Otherguy, TheRedSpeeder and Rivet like this.