1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I've Run Head First Into A Paywall(?)!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by fr4nk1yn, 28 Jul 2017.

1. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

I'm a mk4 Shooter but I'm longing to be a mk6 Enforcer.
    My Captain level is 27 and I'm saving gold for the mk5 Enforcer as soon as I hit level 28. And there's the rub...

My primary weapons are all mostly as far as I can take them. I can't update my favorite weapons because my bank doesn't hold enough to train the crew, although I do supplement with pearls when I can.
    I'm now training the crew that don't give me direct benefit to raise my captain level, and subsequently my bank.
    Beyond that I also need lots of duplicates. I need more rare turbos, many more rare firebombs. Rare and epic shields, epic cannons... You get it.

What's the way to level up? Or does it just get slower, or expensive, at this point?

2. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    Yep, pretty much. I finally have my MK6 Defender, took me about 8 months F2P. Also my weapons aren't maxed yet. Still waiting for 3 epic big thorp dupes and one epic standard cannon. Also need 2 rare turbos or 5 epics, 3 rare standard shields or 5 epics. I have a long way to go at level 39. So, yep this game progress is sloooowww, unless you pay to progress.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  3. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

This is why I always say as f2p you should always save any earned pearls to train crew when u reach this point. But it's not a wall, even if you don't have the pearls saved from playing, just train your other crew until you level up and your sugar stores expand.

U r doing it right. Progress is slow and patience is a virtue. ;)

4. fr4nk1yn

What is this p a t ience you speak of?

When a 6k defender turns the corner in Chill Out there's just no way to damage it, especially when its being fed by a mk5 fixer. :actually happened lastnight
    So I guess this is where I need to be stepping up my game. Maybe change my load out?

5. Scogel

Scogel Member

That "wall" is stupid especially where everything useful is above 400k sugar. Basically I've found the best way to do it is just take every sugar quest to lvl up crew and lvl yourself up. Btw if you're going enforcer, firebomb won't be helpful. Its a 2 slot weapon and Enforcer doesn't get any of those slots.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  6. fr4nk1yn

Unfortunately I'll have to give up my beloved firebombs when I play Enforcer :oops: I'm still working on upgrading the Enforcer's weapons.
    It's definitely getting my tier 3 rare cannon, and tier 3 rare sniper. I have another rare cannon but way to many pearls to get Bhurt through 4 more semesters.
    Then I'm stuck. I need those duplicates!

7. Helius Maximus

PM
    You are basicaly where I was back in march-april when I first ranted about the RNG and the lack of progress because of not getting what you need. The wall is there, you just need to climb it, little by little. My advise is to build your gear based on whatever RNGesus gives you and don't scrap anything, you will regret it if you do later on.

And yes, try changing your gear. For example, back then, the gear lube helped me a lot, it did a big difference until it didn't any more, then changed to band aid, and so forth.

Just keep adjusting until you find the setup that works for you and be patient, you will progress slowly but you certanly will go forward eventually.

Cyberfisch, P0rthos and fr4nk1yn like this.
  8. fr4nk1yn

Except torps, right? :^D

Good advice, I briefly played with an epic gear lube but swapped it out for a rare turbo now stuck at tier 1. I'm trying it out right now.

9. Helius Maximus

PM
    What do you mean? Thorps are great! Splash damage is awesome. I have killed lots of high core unfriends using it. I hope you haven't scrapped it.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  10. fr4nk1yn

Uh, I did scrap an epic fast torp a few days ago :eek:
    I just got a rare trip torp. I have enough uncommon trip torps for tier 3. And I have an uncommon big(?) I just haven't used them much to get comfortable.
    Getting close to scraping though as I need room. Also on the chopping block are the extra uncommon firebombs, I'm still hoping for duplicate rares, and the 4 uncommon snipers. I don't think they'd do enough damage to bother leveling up to tier 3 where they's be stuck.

11. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

Scrap uncommons. They are worthless if you are in it for the long haul.

JackFlash38 likes this.
  12. fr4nk1yn

I guess to a point. I have 2 rare lvl 10 firebombs I can't get duplicates for. The tier 3 uncommons are doing about 50% more damage.

13. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

Yes fair enough. My point was really more if you're hoarding weapons and need space, uncommons should be the first to go - even if higher levels - as long as you don't use it in every battle.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  14. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

So glad u climbed the wall. Well done.

Helius Maximus likes this.
  15. Helius Maximus

PM
    @fr4nk1yn, If you really need space it is better to use pearls to increase it, but don't scrap your rares and epics. You may not have now the dupes but later on you will, trust me. For example, I regret having scrapped the firebombs and blast cannons I got. Also I never got a mine, rare or above, until a month ago, and now I have all the necessaries to upgrade it up to T5, seems that RNGesus just wants me to use mines.

On the long run focus on rares and epics, and eventually scrap common and uncommons, preferably at level 21 if you want to get rare and possibly epic power cells and parts. There is a video of @P0rthos about this subject on YouTube.

16. fr4nk1yn

I know, But I don't want to spend 400 pearls on 5 slots! I thought you scrapped at 11? That's where I go when I don't mind the resources.

17. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Scrapped items at lvl 11?? god no lol (unless you meant lvl 1, which yes thats the way to go!)
    two things.
    1. check out this thread made by a dev for power cells
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/power-cells-tip.30/
    2. know this..
    It is very very unlikely u will run out of power cells. You will always have too many common and uncommon cells. If you scrap rares (lvl 1) even occasionally, you will have plenty of rare cells as well.
    Epic cells will build up over time, its difficult to get dupes so its unlikely you will be using epic power cells anyways. (for example, i have 102 epic cells....plenty for a long long while lol)

Most importantly, however, is the fact you lose a ton of parts upgrading items and scrapping them!!
    Past lvl 3 you are in the loss range for parts...
    If you are looking to gain parts, scrap at lvl 1!

18. Helius Maximus

PM
    It depends on what you are looking for. Checkout P0rthos video about it:

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  19. fr4nk1yn

• I was part right. 11 for rare, 21 for uncommon. That's a lot of parts. And I've not had a problem with power cells, I'm always scrounging for rare or uncommon parts.
    • I don't have enough epics to evolve any of them.
    • Don't know why I've made a list, but...

20. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Don't waste pearls to make up for training, upgrading, refreshing.
    Don't waste pearls on the 400 pearl boxes. Keep saving them up till 3k and then get an epic you need, once you have almost every epic you need, start saving up for 3.9k pearls for that bigger box.

If you get an epic, save it, do not scrape it unless it's an item you hate and will never even try to use. Same with rares.

If you can't level up the captains you want, level up the captains you don't want, cause when you are hoarding the rares and epics that you don't need, you will eventually get that 1 particular item the game keeps shoving into your face and it happens that you also have the captain perks for it making it easier to play with it (I have 3 epic standard mortars)

fr4nk1yn likes this.