1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The fixer problem

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by BasedCarpen, 26 Jul 2017.

1. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

While I cannot comment of low level play -- I will promise you that 2 fixers vs 0 fixers does not result in an unbalanced win-ratio once you get near 4k infamy. I can understand that its frustrating to play against when you lose, and how it might seem impossible at times. But there are just as many games where the non fixer team attacks together & focuses their fire on the same target, or times where a good speeder assasinated a Fixer too fast for the other fixer to do anything about it.

This is, statistically, not an issue. On a personal level I would much rather have an additional damagedealer than a second fixer on my team, the loss of firepower from having 2 Fixers is significant.

Totoro and iRSS like this.
  2. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Yea im almost lvl 29 so im gonna add a sniper to it soon. Once i get the hang of using it. Been leveling uo my rare sniper to get ot ready. And U just got a second yesterday!

3. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Snipers kinda suck at lower levels so please be patient with it, you need to build a ton of crit chance on it for it be useful.

But once you've done it may even do more dmg than railgun

4. Salt Upon Wounds

Salt Upon Wounds New Member

Please explain the scoring and rewards on this battle. I just don't quite understand the distribution of stars. I pride myself at being a good fixer, but why bother if there is no IMG_2305.PNG reward for a job well done. This is not an isolated battle. Please help. We fixers are a dying breed.

5. Fiorell

Fiorell Active Member

Really? You alone did nearly 8000 damage and both opponent fixers combined did heal 2500 HP? And you are not able to kill one of them?

I hate to spread this (obvious) tip again, because I am also playing a fixer: If you are up against a team with more fixers, you have to rush the attack and don't stay back (in fact, staying back is almost always a bad tactic - but especially in this case!). Your opponents have less DPS than your team and you have to utilize that advantage.

BasedCarpen likes this.
  6. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

It looks like you've been flagged as an infamy tanker. Have you lost a lot of infamy recently?

7. Cyberfisch

Cyberfisch Active Member

Looks a bit through without judging it.
    Look at the matchmaking pool. In an otherwise balanced battle, the Fixer infamy is strikingly low.

8. ● • ARM¥TR!X F!X€R • ●

● • ARM¥TR!X F!X€R • ● Active Member

LOL Infamy tanker !..

9. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Yes, they both have high level bandages equipped as well. I focused on one fixer most f the match, but as my team started getting taken out I started killing the other weakened ships

10. Jennyfur3810

Jennyfur3810 Active Member

It took a while but I found one! Here is a picture from a battle where my team had two fixers vs zero on the unfriendlys. Why did we loose? Because we simply didn't have enough firepower. Over half of our team did less damage then the lowest on their team.

Attached Files:

ShyGuyJB likes this.
  11. Ability6

Ability6 Member

I could be wrong but I don't think the OP was stating that any match with two fixers vs none was an auto win for the fixer team, but that specifically one non fixer boat against two fixers IS an auto loss, with no chance to win for the non fixer. In this specific situation the number of wins for teams with zero fixers vs teams with two fixers isn't really relevant, because you can't assume in each of those games the two fixers will both survive to the end, much less assume they will stay together healing each other throughout the entire match. But I have seen more than one team with two fixers that joined up together, so it could be possible that this is a strategy that is being utilized/developed by some fixers. IMHO, I think two boats vs one will most often favor the team with more boats left, but I have also seen one boat beat two more than a few times and I think that the possibility for that to happen makes for a better game. :D

BasedCarpen likes this.
  12. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    He in fact did say it was unwinnable no matter what if you see subsequent posts. He says two fixers healing each other cannot be beaten under any circumstance. He could care less what anyone else says or give credence to any evidence to the contrary that we provide. No argument can shake the pillars of his faith.

I wish he could meet Christmas up close and personal. I would spot him two mk7 fixers even. Enjoy...