1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

My top 3 new content requests

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by P0rthos, 24 Jul 2017.

1. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

1. Bot Battles
    It is understood that the bots ain't that great... but just having some bots to battle with to get used to your new setup and practice some sweet moves would be awesome. No rewards, no nuthin. Just bot battles in "Practice Mode." Bot difficulty could either be set (easy, medium, hard, godlike) or maybe just make it automatic based on your infamy.

2. Intra-Guild Gattles
    Similar to "Practice Mode" but just lets you create a room in your own guild where guildies can join in and battle. Bots would replace the empty slots if 10 guildies aren't online at the same time. Again, just for fun, no rewards, advertisements could be mandatory to cover the server expense maybe. Player base is big enough for this now, and it'd be fun for practicing team maneuvers and just goofing off when the waters are foul in Global.

3. Boss Battles
    Random event pitting 10 players against 1 Mega Boat Boss that spawns bots or something. Could be a cat-powered submarine that surfaces in random spots on the map (and is vulnerable at that time), and spits out bots, then descends while you deal with the bots...

Anyway, those 3 are my top wishes for new content. Of course, new weapons, special abilities for each ship class, and other stuff is up there too. But that takes lots of balancing and can upset the meta, while these other ideas don't affect the overall game much and add a ton of fun options. ;)

Porthos out.

2. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

Upvote for the boss battle.

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Totally agree with everything, but matchmaking will probably take way more time for the original type of gameplay, which might be a problem. Actually, it won't be that big of a problem. ;)
    And the boss in the boss battles should have low health, or the bots have low health.

4. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    How about 5 v Porthos? Haha. I would love to see any one of these suggestions. Especially a practice area. Guild battles for Guild infamy would be great as well.

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    I want bot battles only because I can't play PvP with my other boats. I really want the ability to play more boats in PvP, but that is months out given the limits of the infamy system currently.

Where is 4? ..More Maps

The Otherguy likes this.
  6. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

They should add free for all match type for those players who likes to win match single handedly . Teams battles and free for all battles( where anyone can hit anyone in pool of 10 players last man standing wins)

7. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

I've been saying practice mode for awhile in chat! Great minds and all. But instead if bots just use players. As long as everyone is going in knowing they're not getting rewards it's ok. Practicing with a new a new ship or weapon is painful to infamy.

My 3rd request, behind balancing teams, would be customizable in-game messaging. Being able to change out "Yes!" and "Negative!" for anything more useful.

BasedCarpen likes this.
  8. Scogel

Scogel Member

With bot battles I'd say you still get some resources, just fewer that normal game modes. I'd love this feature but playing and getting nothing out of it would not be worth it, especially with the low amount of gold you get.
    Boss battles sounds like a ton of fun tho, different bosses for different infamies of course.

9. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

I'd add more maps as a 4th as well. I would put that above boss battle so but below the other modes

10. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

It would also be nice if 1 lucky player would be chosen to be the boss :)

11. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

+1 for bot battles. I'd love to try new weapons without letting my team down.

The Otherguy likes this.
  12. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

I want a 5v5 against players but a casual mode.One that doesn't cost you infamy so that I can try new setups.

The Otherguy likes this.
  13. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

We already have one boss battle, you. ;)

The Otherguy likes this.
  14. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Make 1v1 battles for when people get uppity in the chat box.

The Otherguy likes this.
  15. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

This. Give us a few preset custom commands

I'd probably make ones like "fixer fall back", "speeder scout ahead", or "report the floater"

16. Lil_Torta

Lil_Torta Active Member

1 & 2 are already possible to achieve with Custom Games. So would probably be an absolute waste of resources to develop that.
    3 Definitely sparked my interest. I would like to see this.

The Grim Repair likes this.
  17. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

OMG! For a sec I thought Porthos was back :( I miss his vids

18. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Awesome ideas one and all. If they do the first one I'd prefer to dial in the difficulty level myself. If it's a training excercise then it'll be most effective if the difficulty can be adapted from "way too easy" to "way too hard".

Also, the bots may not be all that clever, but they can definitely be "good" in their own ways. For instance, a miss from a max settings bot should be really, really rare. I would expect perfect target prediction and target aquisition should happen as fast as the turret can swivel. Unlike humans, a bot has perfect 360 degree vision so target selection should be vastly improved and you shouldn't ever be able to sneak up on one. A bot ought to respond instantly to called targets, etc. etc.

It would be awesome to actually be able to experiment with alternate load outs. Right now that is impossible for me.

Last edited: 30 Mar 2018
  19. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    I thought Porthos came back when I see his avatar in the new posts section :oops:

20. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I should close this because someone always gets me in the feelz everytime they necro a P0rthos thread... But I can't cuz the thread is his!

Nam_Nam, The Otherguy and TheFixer27 like this.