1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Epic Items....

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jdm7, 23 Jul 2017.

1. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

Starting to think Epic items are not worth it to upg ATM until a change is made. It is hard enough to get duplicate rare items.

Shooter@Bay and JustinBeaver like this.
  2. JustinBeaver

JustinBeaver Member

Yes, you're right. As a f2p player, rare items is our focus as it is easier to get it to tier 4/5 before you can even get a tier 2 epic item

3. Dfer3nt

Dfer3nt Member

Before I start, this is from a f2p. Getting 1 epic is the same work for getting like 8 rares. If you play on a daily basis, you would always get at least 3 rares per week (Calendar and battle rewards). Rare pieces are also much easier to build than epic pieces, I can usually build 1 rare piece per week so that's 4 rares already in one week. Now here's the main problem: a tier 2 max rare is better than a tier 1 maxed epic, and you're getting maybe 8x more rares every 2 weeks. Epics also use much more sugar and the parts are expensive and hard to come by. As a f2p, there is literally no incentive at all to commit to an epic long term. Thats just my thought, I believe they should lower the epic cost in the shop (3000 pearls is insane) and maybe make a new chest between 400 pearls and 3900 pearls that is small like the 400 pearl chest, but guarantees an epic

What's Up Player and Shooter@Bay like this.
  4. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

Well put, I'll keep my epics as they and concentrate on my rare items. Thx

5. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    Epic items should only be used if you have 3-6 of the item. A good rule of thumb is to switch to epic only when you have maxed out a rare items potential (tier 4-5). The difference from common to uncommon is similar to the difference from uncommon to rare, etc. So even though epics and legendaries seem weak and useless compared to the easier to upgrade Rares, they do surpass them overtime. Everyone you get an epic, then wait until you get 2 or more duplicates before spending the time to upgrade it

Jdm7 likes this.