1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Hell hath frozen over - Rare Canon #2!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by envylife, 23 Jul 2017.

1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

One of the items I used a lot early on in the game was a Canon, the first rare weapon I received so I scrapped every uncommon Canon since then, even blast canons. As the game progressed I eventually maxed it at level 10, and was stuck for a long time. Over 40 rare items later, the canon usefulness decreased so I put it on the bench, fairly convinced the random items weren't so random. Not only I wasn't receiving ANY canons, but I did get 4 rare rudders within the first dozen or so rare items, and quite a few other pairs of items that I didn't care about. I started collecting uncommon canons again, but to date I've only seen 2. At about 50 rare items I rolled a blast canon, and decided to try it out, then I got another, and another, and I retrained my crew to use it. By the time I finally got a second rare sniper and a second canon (at about 75 rare items), evolving them seemed almost futile compared to the other weapons.

So, good job to the BB team for weaning me off of weapons I liked into a perpetual rotation of other mediocre weapons, each one having big benefits and big drawbacks. It seems the way to go is just to roll with what you get. First epic item? Duct Tape! (anyone ever use it?) Second: Frost Blaster! (rarely use it) Third: Caronade! (Most pointless weapon in the arsenal). It did get better after that but all my epics are bench items...at my level all my rare and uncommon equivalent items are higher power and far cheaper to level up.

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

I'm at 80 rare items and I'm yet to get a rare cannon duplicate.So yea I've stopped using it but I still love it and would be extremely happy to get a duplicate.

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    I've gotten 8 rare railguns in 2 consecutive epic crates
    I never got an explosive cannon until a month ago, now I have 3 XD
    As I said in another thread, Random is weird :/ until I know more, all I can say is it's all random