1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

POLL: Does Enforcer deserve more red slot points?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Joey who, 23 Jul 2017.

?

Should an extra slot point be added to Enforcers mk5+

1. Yes, we need more variety.

32 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. No, everyone should use the exact same setup.

19 vote(s)
    33.9%
  3. I don't know.

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

This irritates all the enforcer users. Can we get an extra red slot point for Enforcers mk5+ (Or at least mk6+)

Currently mk5 and above can only use 1 slot point weapons unless they want to give up a whole slot. Resulting in everyone using similar strats (flare gun/mine + 2 blast cannons)

I'm a person who loves trying different strats but I feel the enforcer loses variety after mk4.

JustinBeaver likes this.
  2. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Also more blue ones and a twix.

BoooomBooom and fr4nk1yn like this.
  3. Kustomz

Kustomz Active Member

1 more blue slot as an Enforcer i usually do more damage with my 2 blast cannons than a shooter with 4 gun slots do in a whole match; deff would like 1 more blue slot

4. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    It would unbalance the boat, all boats at mk6 have some number of slot points (number in the boxes) so adding a extra slot would give the enforcer a unfair advantage, so if you want another red slot you'd have to give something else up

5. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

@ThatOnion but shooter already has an extra slot at mk6. Why can't I have a cape?

6. Joey who

Not an extra red slot. Just a slot point.
    (From [3][3][3] to [4][4][4])

7. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    I plan to move from speeder to enforcer, so...yaaa sure give me another red slot point :p but tbh I think it's fine where it's at atm and I agree with @ThatOnion as it would unbalance everything :/

8. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

I want 5-5-5 lol. Then I could use firebomb railgun and sniper cannon. But I suppose that's pushing to far into shooter territory...

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  9. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

I like the wording of your poll questions, very unbiased lol

10. LimeOnMars

LimeOnMars Well-Known Member

We need variety, but in the yellow department. We need a new 2 point ITEM.

The Otherguy and JustinBeaver like this.
  11. Joey who

Look at every enforcer on leaderboards then you'll see what I mean

12. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Voted "I don't know". I'm on the fence. There's other ways Enforcer could be buffed, but this is arguably the easiest and most concrete. I'm just not sure whether this would be an overbuff.

Enforcer might become too powerful if he was given that 12th point. Opening up the possibility for a 2-point weapon on Enforcer would raise his damage potential substantially. Plus, is it fair to give two ships 12 points total, when the other three only have 11?

On the flip side, Enforcer isn't in a good spot right now. Not being able to use 2-point weapons is really crippling to variety. His other avenue for variety, yellow items, only has six options, and only 2 of them are 2-pointers. He's also treated similarly to a Shooter on the battlefield, since he's both not very fast and not very durable. One extra red point would give him half of Shooter's points, while still keeping him below Defender's firepower, which seems like a good spot considering his yellow capabilities.

Joey who likes this.
  13. Joey who

I agree. There's no telling if the enforcer would go from underused to overused with an extra slot point but if it did there could be nerfs to balance it all out. I'd just love some variety, not wanting to break the game from an OP buff.

If anything people would add the OP frost blaster + big torpedo strat but then they wouldn't be utilizing all their yellow slots (overboost, frost blaster [1][1]). But this strat is op in general used by speeders and a few warrior-fixers aswell as some mk4 enforcers (the last mk level where variety ends drastically)

14. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

I'm willing to lose a blue slot point in return for getting another red slot point

15. disorder

disorder Active Member

No...
    With the major control an enfrocer can have, give a 2point weapon will give the opportunity to kill even a defender easily in 1vs1...(enforcer can kill speeder, shooter)
    I m more thinking about blue slot.
    Mk6 got (2)(2) blue slot. Would prefer (1)(1)(1) it will give more opportunity. Thats the purpose of enforcer having the possibility to nearly have all build (except powerful weapon)

16. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Giving an enforcer an another blue slot is what's gonna make it op. There needs to be some difference between enforcer and speeder.

I say either give it another yellow slot point or another red slot point. Enforcers need a major buff, how many enforcers do you see in battle?.

17. disorder

disorder Active Member

Give more red can be too op, give another yellow point can be too powerful too... Balancing is difficult :)

18. Joey who

The difference is that speeder has 3 blue slots while enforcer has 2. And enforcer has 3 red slots while speeder has 2.

But speeder is still the obvious choice for a reason that's why we don't see them much

19. Joey who

Enforcer is the ONLY boat you can max it's mk level and not be able to utilize a 2 slot red item without having to take away a whole red slot.

JustinBeaver likes this.
  20. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Aren't Enforcers the "jack of all trades, master of none" boat? That's why they are so underwhelming.

I don't play Enforcer but the most effective ones that I have played with are those who embrace the support role by equipping frost items. Right now almost everyone wants more damage output in their boat.

Miathan likes this.