1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mk. 5 Defender loadout

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by SunlightDuck, 16 Jul 2017.

1. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

That's 2 slots, you'd have much less hp, how do you not get killed at the start?

2. Scogel

Scogel Member

Ah so you don't know how to play defender. 1 turbo is plenty to get ahead of your team. I have never once had a problem getting in front of my team(I main defender btw). If your staying in the back as defender switch ships now, go shooter if you're doing that. I run a Cannon and Explosive Cannon at Mk4, 2 cannons would conflict to much with the short cooldowns, plus higher damage weapons are better if you're against other defenders.

On regards to the question, firebomb or napalm. I'd advise napalm, it will help out your team quite a bit and the support helps. Sadly I got rid of 5 rare napalms(I regret it very much now) so I'm probably gonna go with flare gun as my third weapon.

Cool Penguin likes this.
  3. CheekyDevilGod

Actually I'm kinda decent with defender, I do top dmg, I tank, I die, I get 3 stars, the problem is, none of my teammates even try to stay behind me, they all keep charging in front and the worst part is the fixer leads them.

I can get in front of them with 1 turbo but my teammates have to let me. Sometimes it's the exact opposite.

My teammates hide and camp, I charge the enemy team attracting their team aggro giving them a window to deal massive dmg but the ships don't even peek.

Sometimes the damn shooters run away to the other side. THEY RUN AWAY TO THE OTHER SIDE. Leaving me all alone tanking to die, in vain.

Defender is an awesome ship to play but to play it right I need decent teammates who aren't a bunch of 10 year olds.

When I play defender with 2 snipers, I can deal dmg without being in front of my teammates.

Mind you, I don't sit back and deal dmg from back, I still try to get in front and tank despite my speed, I'm able to cause my teammates are too chicken to lead the charge and actually push forward and hide trying to camp.

When my teammates follow, I win, else I lose.

4. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

What's your ign?

5. CheekyDevilGod

Same as my profile name

6. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Weird I haven't seen you over 2k since you're so good and know everything

7. Terminator 3.4x

Terminator 3.4x New Member

@CheekyDevilGod ,you story is very close to mine . I always use 2 cannons and u can put lot of damage by firing one after other bcz cooldown time is pretty low.
    I love to keep one sniper cannon and two cannons when my ship reach mk5.

8. CheekyDevilGod

My idea for mk5 too, need to get to mk4 first, saving up gold is tough when you always have something to upgrade.

I believe that defenders do more dmg cause they live longer. So the ideal way to do dmg with defender is to focus on dps rather than burst dmg.

Cannons are the best way to go for defenders according to me. I might try triple cannons if I'm lucky enough to get an epic

9. Scogel

Scogel Member

Well the main object is to stick with your team, if they start wandering off you join them. You don't go in alone, you die and screw over your team. Its really not hard to stay with your teammates, unless they're speeders, in which case they should normally be by themselves. You always need to keep moving and if you do there should never be a problem with being in front. Double sniper on defender is probably the worst thing you could use.

10. CheekyDevilGod

In certain scenarios, like when the entire opposing team are mortar spammers, you HAVE to get close just to stay alive.

If all of us charged, we could have killed them and won, I spam together and charge trying to give my team a window to survive and win and they be sitting there sucking their thumbs be like "nah, you die boi, we're fine here". Sigh

11. Sightrasher

Sightrasher New Member

I know that feeling man, I only use Defender and 90% of times even if I spam torpedoes on enemy team (and some times I even end up killing one of two, lol) I get completely ignored as Speeders lead the attack... I feel so lonely at the end of the match, 1vs3-4-5 :(

CheekyDevilGod likes this.
  12. SunlightDuck

SunlightDuck Active Member

Krusty Krab Keeper
    Defender charges need to be well timed. Normally it's to try to assassinate an enemy to attract some attention, but going 1v5 is suicidal

13. SunlightDuck

Krusty Krab Keeper
    you can't expect your team to follow a charge. shooters would get sniped, fixers would get targeted, it would just be slaughter. Many people think defender is an easy class, but there is a lot to consider

14. CheekyDevilGod

When the enemy team is hitting us with 9 mortars, charging is always the better option.

It'll make half their artillery useless. If you believe staying where you are is a good idea when the enemy team is mortar heavy, you gonna get slaughtered by mortar spam. Charging and pushing maybe suicidal at certain times but it's not always so.

There are times when it's necessary and there are times when it's the best choice

15. SunlightDuck

Krusty Krab Keeper
    I'm not saying to hide behind a wall or anything. But engaging in combat is more is quite different than charging lol. Honestly, just having you're whole team shoot at them is good enough