1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Healing Bolt, a Fixers new best friend?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Kitterini, 15 Jul 2017.

1. disorder

disorder Active Member

got a poor fixer in a team this morning...
    he tried to heal me at least 3-4times with his repairbolt, but seem i was too fast/strange for being hit by him..

2. SunlightDuck

SunlightDuck Active Member

Krusty Krab Keeper
    Either way, that's good to hear. Looks like there will be more variety in fixers from this point on. Got hit by my first repair bolt today. Good Omen:D

3. SunlightDuck

Krusty Krab Keeper
    Also didn't they make it so fixers can lock onto team mates? I guess leading shot is still necessary though

4. disorder

disorder Active Member

i don't know, and speed of repair bolt is 16 (if i remember well)... so gear lube for fixer or good accuracy? lol...

5. SunlightDuck

Krusty Krab Keeper
    Gear lube on fixer lol. I can see that being a thing in the future:D

6. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

As for all healing items there will be good and bad fixers, and some people are easy to heal while others are impossible.
    It will take time for both fixers and teammates to get used to how to best handle Repair Bolt.

7. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    They did make a lock, but I don't think it's very useful since you are constantly switching between items aiming in different places. The game still makes it hard to select a target, just like attack. I hate those stupid select arrows they use; next to useless....bolt doesn't have them and doesn't need them because of their uselessness. I wish they would let us just select a target by clicking on the name (defense and offense). Miika said we can select targets by pressing on the boat; it rarely works well I have found, especially in close quarters.

Targeting in game needs a lot of help.

8. StormMagnus

StormMagnus New Member

I am only MK3 but loving the repair bolt. I can see Gear Lube being used now for fixers as well to switch healing friendly and damaging unfriendly.

9. SHOCK151!

SHOCK151! New Member

I all but gave up on fixer when they nerfed the pulse, but now that the bolt has been buffed, I've jumped about 570 infamy. Mk4 fixer with level 30 uncommon bolt, level 20 uncommon pulse. Definitely saving to upgrade a rare bolt!

10. Kitterini

With nerfed Repair Pulse selfhealing & a Bolt that never selfheals I would not be comfortable ditching the 1-1,5k hp a shield brings. Unlike for shooting at unfriendlies your teammates will (hopefully) attempt to be easy targets :)

11. Hellcat17

Hellcat17 New Member

I only have an MK4 fixer, I like the bolt and pulse combo. I usually have more repair points when I use the bolt and pulse compared to when I use the Box and pulse. It takes some time to get used to when you start using the bolt but I think it is definitely worth it. As for the Healing myself part of it when i have the bolt i use my rare standard shield and rare bandage as opposed to the rare big shield when I use The repair box. I will switch to the Box if I end up in a losing streak just to try and break the streak. The ability to save somebody at a long distance is great when I have taken a decent amount of damage I don't have to race into the middle of the fight and heal the guy that is about to die I can stay back-and shoot him with the bolt. It's like anything else it takes practice to get good, I can now hit guys 3 or 4 big waves away with a clear path. When I get A lot of repair points in a single battle I have noticed I even get friendly requests and Guild requests from the enemy, That's how you know you're doing good.

12. Kitterini

Repair Bolt is indeed an icebreaker :) My record is 3 friend requests + a guild invite after a single game!
    ---
    One thing that might help improve your infamy is to find a Turbo, being faster is absolutely critical as you progress further.

D3X likes this.
  13. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Love playing with you. Healing bolt is like a good tesla stun, and even shoots like one. Simply awesome :)