1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Balancing Changes on July 14th

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Stebbi, 12 Jul 2017.

1. BagAhBread™

BagAhBread™ New Member

So you all doing all this but cant implement guild wars....neat

Anyway have a system that allows you to replay your battles to relive the badassery

PepeButtCrack likes this.
  2. SiRHoT

SiRHoT New Member

Only 7 defence? We have no defence point in base point.

Also as you said, your speed is 0,82 with MK4 Enforcer. So, our speed is 0,86 with MK4 Speeder with all available crew speed updates (for Level 27). just 0,86! Can you believe that?

Edit: @Zeus and @Miika
    At the same level with all possible crew updates
    MK4 Enforcer: 1930 Hp with 0,82 speed
    MK4 Speeder: 1699 HP with 0,86 speed
    So, does 0,04 speed level worth / equivalent for 231 HP?

3. Dobson

Dobson Member

Marketing Lead
    The Speeder's base speed with turbo is significantly higher than that - for any credibility please provide a screenshot of so slow Speeder :)
    With some Swift talents in ship speed my mk5 Speeder is 1.13 without any turbo, which is more than enough with a good pair of overboosts.

4. 360NOSCOPE

360NOSCOPE New Member

I've noticed that when a speeder or enforcer uses nitro and you try to hit them with a cannon or whatever it doesn't register and counts as a miss when it clearly hit them. Is it a bug or is it on purpose?

5. Battle Bay Scrub

Battle Bay Scrub Member

I think that might be lag. I've seen boats teleport across the map probably for the same reason.

6. SiRHoT

SiRHoT New Member

My dude, you miss the point. Speed is not the issue. Please read my prvious posts. As I said before, now speeder must choose speed or hp but in both ways we are stuck to lose as MK4 speeder.
    If you choose speed with turbo, your hp will stay very low around 1.600-1.700 and with 2-3 good shots you will be died plus don't forget OB nerfs, tesla shield nerfs.
    If you choose hp with shield, your speed will not be enough to shot and run due to the again OB nerfs.
    Is it clear now?
    When I explained these updates are unfair, ruthless for below levels of MK6 speeders, this ThatOnion guy has appered and said that we have 1.930 hp as enforcer and did you see me to cry for that? Ohh my God! You all missed the main point man!

lolawola likes this.
  7. AndyAshton

AndyAshton Member

I guess the main idea of this update is to diversify the use of all types of ships. When new players first join battle bay and see the top global players, all they see are speeders dominations.

PS: Devs please drop me an epic big shield. Been waiting for very long time and never get one. Please... pretty please ;)

8. PepeButtCrack

PepeButtCrack Member

I must insist with the 4th perk slot on rare items. Yup, pretty annoying, but fight against super epics and legendaries is pretty annoying to me. Just one more perk can help and balance a lot. Make it available for Tier 5, with some talent requirement or something, but please, make it real. That perk can improve the item like an extra Tier. Rare items are too weak and epics are super hard to find nowadays. A simple perk slot will decrease the insane gap. I'm already posted this request but I have no response.
    Just one more perk. Pretty fair request. Thanks.

• Percy •, aKifer, BEN and 2 others like this.
  9. Dobson

Dobson Member

Marketing Lead
    I think the changes are quite balanced, I circumvented the slowness by using 2 overboosts. I see and understand you would want more hp to your speeder,
    but guess you'll have to wait for mk5. My playstyle was long range weapons and sneaking with mk4 so the low hp was no issue. If you are a blast cannon hit n run speeder,
    try fleeting with a fixer you can trust.

Overall speeder is still the best and coolest boat :) Good luck with dodging those enemy shots!

ThatOnion likes this.
  10. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

Translation of what he said:

Frost launcher should be changed to red or blue, and then narrow the scope, this should be more effective to improve the use of

I think it is a very good point. Speeders aren't OP imo, yellow items are. Speeders simply have the most access. Would be great to turn frost or tesla into a red item

11. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Another nerf request. That is why I did not translate fully. I have had my fill of the constant nerfing. Lol

12. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

Why nerf? It would empower all classes, not saying it would end up well, but technically that is not a nerf

13. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    I main the speeder and I'm a mk 4. I don't see why you have to nerf the mk 4+5 when they're already UP. First you nerf the speed and now you nerf the HP? Are you trying to make the game worse for us speeders? We're not a hit-and-run boat anymore we're just a die boat. I just want you to buff the HP and speed for mk 4+5 and buff the overboost. The main reason speeders were dominating is because of the Tesla Bolt. Nerf it from T3 and you're good. Please don't let all the speeders down more

14. PepeButtCrack

PepeButtCrack Member

It's true. The Tesla bolt is the key of the speeders nowadays. The last overboost nerf was totally unnecessary. I'm ok with the HP nerf on mk6s, don't know the others mks.
    4 perks for rares, please! :p

Krusty- and • Percy • like this.
  15. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    Maybe so :D:D:D

16. Ghengisfong

Ghengisfong New Member

Please quit messing with the speeder! My defense is being able to run and fight another day. That ability is being taken away... No fun...

17. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    I don't advocate further nerfs either. But the speeders in the upper tiers (3k+ infamy) are beasts. They frequently determine the outcome of games. You have something to look forward to....

18. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Yea, I dare say, most aspects of the current game feel quite balanced now and fair. At least at high levels. I still hope defender gets a little buff, but other than that, most everything feels great and fights are fair.

Now for new content!! :):)

19. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Working on it! :)

Doesn't mean further balancing wouldn't happen per needs but luckily it takes quite a little time per update compared to content development so we do it on the side.

20. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Awesome news!!

Miathan likes this.