1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I SCRAPPED 100 COMMON ITEMS - this is what I got

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Captain Gilligan, 17 Jul 2017.

1. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    (1) edited title to say "items" not parts
    Thanks to BEHUMBLE for giving me the idea to do this :) (in this post - https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/do-you-use-the-shop.9647/#post-31508)
    So I spent a good hour scrapping 100 common items that I bought from the shop. I spent 500k gold for these 100 items, this is what I got in return for those:

4824 Common Parts
    129 Common Power Cells
    0 Common Items

96 Uncommon Parts
    13 Uncommon Power Cells
    0 Uncommon Items

7 Rare Parts
    1 Rare power Cell
    5 Rare Red Item Pieces
    4 Rare Yellow Item Pieces
    1 Rare Blue Item Pieces
    0 Rare Green Item Pieces
    0 Rare Items

0 Epic Parts
    1 Epic Power Cell
    0 Epic Red Item Pieces
    0 Epic Yellow Item Pieces
    0 Epic Blue Item Pieces
    0 Epic Green Item Pieces
    0 Epic Items

0 Legendary Parts
    0 Legendary Power Cells
    0 Legendary Red Item Pieces
    0 Legendary Yellow Item Pieces
    0 Legendary Blue Item Pieces

1 Legendary Green Item Piece!!!

So a couple of interesting things...
    1. Ok, lets address the elephant in the room, I GOT A LEGENDARY GREEN PIECE!!! :D XD :p I was really not expecting this. according to BeHumble this is pretty rare. He has only gotten one as well, but has scrapped much more than I have. Is there a limit to one per ____?
    2. The worst you can get from scrapping a common item is obviously 45 common parts, and 1 common power cell
    3. Scrapping amounts aren't as dynamic as I thought, I only ever got 45 or 57 common parts, 6 uncommon parts and 7 rare parts at once. Also only 1 or 2 common power cells, and 1 power cell for all the others at a time
    4. I didn't get any green rare item pieces, yet I got 5 red ones. Is there a higher chance to get red/yellow/blue pieces than green?
    5. I didn't get any epic or legendary parts, and only one epic power cell. I feel as if I just got unlucky in this regard, as I believe I have found those in common item before
    6. I didn't get ANY items, I was expecting at least some common ones, but I think that's the way the game works, you can't get an item from a level 1 common item, you need a higher tier item to have a chance to get any item from scrapping
    7. the biggest reason you would want to do this is to get common parts, is it cheaper? No. A pack of 1000 common parts costs 36 500 gold. Which when timed by 5 gives us 182 500 gold, which is a lot less than the 500 000 I spent on the 100 items. However, if you want other things, or don't have any more common part packs left in your shop, then this isn't a bad idea.

OVERALL: Was is worth it? I believe it was. Of course I got lucky with the legendary piece, but i feel like if you have hundreds of chances at something, there's a high chance of getting it. Tbh I found this VERY VERY fun to try out myself as it symbolizes a gambling game with little risk, and high reward (which I love :p). I would recommend this to ANYONE who wants to try it, and thanks again to BEHUMBLE for giving me this idea.

Last edited: 16 Nov 2017
  2. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Lol nice going mate!!
    Congrats on the green leg piece!
    Surprised you didnt get more blue rare pieces...red always prevails, and i see green the least.
    Its funny i said you would get at least one rare, and i suppose you did get 10 rare pieces lol

Glad you had fun with it though!

PS, I am saving up to do an experiment now where I upgrade to lvl 2 then scrap and see if there is any difference.

Last edited: 17 Jul 2017
    Mr. Chompers, Rivet, dikshift and 3 others like this.
  3. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Nice work!
    Whether its worth it or not depends on if you would buy rare item pieces or not (all part rarities tend to be in short supply at times), using the cheapest parts prices I calculate your findings at 164016 (common)+21600(unc)+7000(rare)+434000(rare pieces @62000) = 598016.

So profit and a legendary item on top (shame its green, gl ever finding 10 green if you spend short of several K of $$$).
    Most of the value lie in the rare pieces, so if you are actively buying most of those from the shop, then doing this would be a better idea.

For your observations/question:
    4. Finding green has always been a nightmare and red is by far the most common. My basement theory is that their droprates equate the amount of items in each category; i.e. 19/35 pieces will be red & 4/35 pieces green.

6. Don't think I've ever gotten a full item out of a scrap.

4. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Scrapped so many common items from free chests. Hundreds. Never gotten a leg. piece.

5. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

I'm don't think anybody can get an "item" by scraping another item, I'm unsure if that's even possible.

And I believe you get red item pieces by scraping red items, yellow from yellow, blue from blue and so on. That's how I get item pieces, not sure about everybody.

I am in need of a rare turbo, shield and big shield as well as a rare cannon, sniper and long range mortar.

I'm gonna try this out but only with red and blue items, no green and yellow as I am not in need of any at the moment.

I'm sure I can complete atleast 1 entire set with 500k considering I won't be wasting any on yellow and green items

6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

But if you actually buy a lot ot increases your chances rather than only scrapping from your common crates

behumble likes this.
  7. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

I have actually been doing this. I haven't recored my results, but so far I think I might have scrapped about 6 mil on commom items. I always spend like 300k for scrapping when I max out my gold.
    I got alot of rare parts, but more importantly, I have received 2 legendary pieces just from scrapping all those commons.

So yes. You can earn legendary parts, but it will still take a really, really long time tough.

8. CheekyDevilGod

Do you get red legendary from scraping red common items and such?

9. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Well, I only scrapped red common items (since I couldn't fit more in my inventory). And the legendary pieces I received were indeed red. But I think that's just a coincidence. I think you might also receive other colours. However, I'm sure that scrapping red only wil result in the most red pieces.

10. CheekyDevilGod

Idk man, I've only recieved red colour pieces from red items and such so far, and honestly I hope it remains so

11. Kitterini

Scapped some green items to test - All recieved item pieces were red.
    Red is just the most likely outcome at just over 54%.

Miathan likes this.
  12. CheekyDevilGod

That's not so bad really. Btw, how many items did you scrape and how much of whatu get for all of them?

Do you get better drops than scraping 100 common items or nay?

13. Kitterini

I didn't scrap anywhere near enough to conclude anything from, just wanted to show that colour is random.
    Got lucky and found 2 red rare pieces after perhaps 12 green items, maybe it was 16.

I wouldnt buy red pieces from the shop, so this strategy probably isnt worth it for me.

Miathan likes this.
  14. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

IMG_1506.PNG
    Nope it's random. This is what I got scrapping a repair bolt (uncommon)

15. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Nice work
    Which items did you buy? The same pieces? One of each or just random?

16. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you can't get whole items from scraps. Cool to know that common scraps have a roughly 10% chance of dropping a rare piece.

17. CheekyDevilGod

Just asking, by green item, did you mean healing items or uncommon items?

18. CheekyDevilGod

I have built some 3 or 4 rare items from pieces I got by scrapping

I don't buy pieces from shop

19. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

The whole scrapping red gets you red and green gets you green does not work.
    However, for tier 2+ rares I always get at least one or two from that color, (like if i were scrapping tier 2 frost launcher id get 3 yellow rare pieces, one red, and a blue or green
    But with commons i believe it is completely random...unfortunately, since im on the lookout for green pieces always, its a bummer i just cant scrap green commonos :(

20. Paccdaddy

Paccdaddy Member

I've come to find that colors stay true in my experiences