1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Hold up. How are the games scored again?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Dr.pie, 4 Jul 2017.

1. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Everyone with 3 stars had sniper I think...

2. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

My understanding of how stars are calculated:

1 is for victory.
    1 is for doing 2x average damage in the fight.
    1 is for "x" factor - really meaning the extra effects. Stuns, slows, burns, lots of healing, they all count here if done in enough frequency.

3. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

I Don't know, how this happened! Screenshot_2017-07-15-11-55-15.png

4. H.A.D.E.S

Something fishy is going on!!
    Got three stars straight 4 times....Maybe I'm too good or is it the secret sauce I have tasted.:D Screenshot_2017-07-15-13-50-53.png

CrazyFixer likes this.
  5. DonTouchMeDingy

DonTouchMeDingy New Member

You had zero kills and three stars . Just got four kills and the most damage after defeating three Unfriends at the end by myself. Two stars

6. David Bonaparte

Don't get cocky. If it's your skill, it would be a temporary run of 3 stars, until you encounter stronger opponents. Read what I said above, quoted below. You might see a pattern between you and the top guy on the opposing team form your earlier post.

7. H.A.D.E.S

I'm not getting cocky.....I got those 3 stars bcoz I deserved them, it doesn't matter if they are temporary.
    It's ur understanding, so it can be wrong.....I got 3 stars before as well without using any of those stuns, blows etc.

CrazyFixer likes this.
  8. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

Well flare gun is already hard to use . Why NERF? Haha. NERF just the fire bomb reduce the blast radius of it

9. Mariam

Mariam New Member

Fire bombs do not grant you 3 stars if nobody is shooting a person on fire with the guns that have fire bonus perks on it

10. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

How do you know that?

11. Radar O Reilly

Radar O Reilly Active Member

IMG_0001.jpg
    I got a crazy three stars and both the firebomb and team work theory apply. I was bombing my wazoo off and constantly staying tight wth my team. That is how I got three kills. I got lucky this game to have three times the last shot .

12. stlrunner

stlrunner New Member

There's a formula to be sure. I believe it has to do with what your contribution is to the win. Take fixer for example. I've seen at the 1600 level a mk4 getting 2k healing and no damage get 1 or 2 stars. Seems to depend on how critical that healing was to the win. If the fixer stayed by the top player and that healing was instrumental in keeping said player alive then the fixer made a larger contribution to the win. That fixer gets the extra star. When it comes to a 5 shooter fleet the same thing can apply. If everyone has typical weapons then it depends on damage applied. If one player does twice as much damage as the next then that tends to get 3 stars. If damage is even across the fleet then it's 2 stars a piece. One player who is a floater can skew it with one of their stars hoing to the top player. However I believe there is something to the fire and freeze because that action is supportive like the fixer in allowing others to gain damage so using those options could cause the player to get a bonus star just like the fixer (all other things being equal). IMHO, LOL

13. Mariam

Mariam New Member

I read somewhere ( I don't remember where) that the 3rd star is given for teamwork players (stunning,fixing, fire bombs, etc..) It is when your enemy is on fire other teammated can attack him and deal mire dmg if they have perks on their weapons. The same with frost launchers and all the repairing items

14. David Bonaparte

You said "maybe I'm too good...". Sounds cocky to me.

I was trying to be diplomatic, but evidently I need to look for Miika's actual statement that basically said what I did. I'm a bit surprised most others who saw it have not said anything.

Fire only works for bonus points, aka the third star, if teammates take advantage of it, it seems. Setting opponents on fire by yourself doesn't seem to net a star, it looks like your allies have to actually shoot opponents you lit up. Which would be consistent with earlier statements.

15. H.A.D.E.S

Ok....I got it, thanks for the info.
    I don't know if others shoot or not when I burn an enemy....But I shoot them bcoz, i have burn Damage perk on both my Canon and sniper Canon.

CrazyFixer likes this.
  16. Blood Raven

Blood Raven Well-Known Member

Software Developer
    Firebomb may have some contribution for burning the target, if stunning & freezing is taken into contribution too, i.e. other than damage and healing aspects.
    IMG_20170718_115428.jpg
    Also noticed many players use firebomb nowadays, but its not only the firebomb that will give you stars.

17. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Firebomb is the only reason.[​IMG]