1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

BEST/FAVOURITE SHIP IN BATTLE BAY

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by NAN0NAT3R, 16 Jul 2017.

?

What ship do you use the most/like the best/is your favorite

1. Shooter

35.7%
  2. Speeder

14.3%
  3. Enforcer

21.4%
  4. Defender

14.3%
  5. Fixer

14.3%
  1. NAN0NAT3R

NAN0NAT3R Member

Just want to know what ship do you guys use or like to use and why is it your favorite. What do you not like about it. Why is it so fun to play. What items and play style do you use with it. Comment below and tell the community all about how much you love your ship :).

2. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

I think the best ship is shooter, cant beat the weapon slots
    The most fun ship is speeder :) makes for quick battles too

Alas, i do not have the weapons for shooter and find i can progress further as a fixer :) Heck, i aint too bad at fixer either. Its a love hate relationship however, since I do such low damage I completely rely on team mates, that often act like they dont need me :/
    But being a nurse to the shooters of battle bay is my choice haha

3. BITTERSTEEL

BITTERSTEEL Well-Known Member

They all have their ups and downs, to be sure. Statistically, the meta suggests that Speeder is the best ship, but there's so much emphasis on map-movement when you use it. It's a very risky yet rewarding, "twitchy" ship.

Shooters are okay if you know how to pick the right targets, but most are useless once you are within their comfort zone (3 or so units). Not that difficult to outplay, and it seems that the most popular ship is also the most misused.

Defenders have traditionally been considered the worst ship. Blue slots, HP, and defence don't seem to be a good trade-off for other base stats. With that being said, ever since global launch, there's been a huge increase of Top 200 Defenders, so they might be worth re-analyzing.

Fixers fix. 'Nuff said.

In my opinion, the Enforcer is the best ship. The backbone of every team, it boasts the highest turret agility, good yellow slots/points, and three red slots/points for three point damage weapons, which compliment its insane turret speed. Also, it can accelerate and decelerate rapidly, making it easy to dodge shots. So many yellow points means that, even with the Tesla Shield nerf, it can stack those annoying Shields up and be a pseudo-tank.

Kustomz likes this.
  4. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

I think part of this is that BattleBay develops and shifts a lot more slowly than more traditional MOBAs. In, say, League of Legends, the meta can shift almost overnight, because everything you bring to a game is reset every time. The only important previous investment is experience. Here however, people have to spend a lot of time and resources prioritizing specific ships and items, so it will take time for the old speeder meta to go away. People will need time for their other ships and items to catch up in development. I know a fair few ships that are almost literally only for speeders, they largely lack equipment and levels on other ships. A lot of the top players I can see seem to be somewhat similar if less extreme.

Personally, I would consider the slow shift away from Speeders to itself be indicative of the meta. AFAIK defenders and shooters mostly struggled with speeders, so a reduction in speeders allows the former two to rise in numbers again.

H.A.D.E.S likes this.