1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

10% crit to cannon perk is INOP

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SloppyMolly, 15 Jul 2017.

1. SloppyMolly

SloppyMolly New Member

My cannon "says" 1.0% to crit WITH the 10% to crit perk added. I need this fixed please. :(

2. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Is it a crit damage perk though?

3. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    Becuase it's a crit DAMAGE perk, not crit chance

4. SloppyMolly

SloppyMolly New Member

Ahh, that would be it! It is to More crit damage. Thanks

5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I still haven't a clue what critical damage means. Let's say you achieve that 1 in 100 times to get a critical hit, that usually means the other guy is dead, correct? If so why would I care about an extra 10% damage on a dead guy?

6. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Critical hit damage is +100% damage. i.e. if your cannon does 200 damage normally, it makes 400 when it crits. The critical hit damage perk raises this percentage.

Shooter@Bay and BITTERSTEEL like this.
  7. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

What if its at the start of a battle?

8. SloppyMolly

SloppyMolly New Member

Yes you would defiantly want to crit more often than have a lower crit percentage with a higher crit damage overall.

I haven't tried stacking perks yet, anyone able to confirm?

9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Ah thanks.... though I'm not still sure "critical" is the best word for 2x damage

10. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

Critical hits aren't instant kills. Its a common occurence in MOBAs to have critical hit damage as a factor. Here, crits are 100% extra damage. If you were to equip the perk with 10% crit damage, it most likely results in 100%+100%+10% damage.

Crits don't have to be 2x damage. So they shouldn't be referred to as "2x" or anything indicating such. :p

11. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

"Critical" is just the word games in general always use for that mechanic. It's not a MOBA mechanic, it's been in video games since the early days of RPGs. It probably originates from old pen n' paper games.

It just means there's a certain chance that an attack, or anything really, will be more effective. In Battle Bay, it means an attack (or a Repair Box) will hit for, at base, double it's value. Crit Chance is the chance that this will happen, Crit Damage is the multiplier to that extra damage. All buffs in this game are additive, so a +10% critical damage perk means your weapon will hit for that base 2x plus 0.1x damage if it lands that critical dice roll.

Miathan likes this.
  12. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

Repair box can "crit"?

13. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

It has a 0% chance at base, but it can be increased by certain buffs on the Crew tree for Feelix. Once you get one, it's critical chance will appear on its stats menu. As far as I've seen, it doesn't have an exclamation mark or any special effect if it crits, they will just get healed for a greater amount.

Miathan likes this.
  14. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Like @Netsa said, crits have been in games for ages, since long before MOBAs existed. Also 100% is already quite high for a base crit damage, most games I played had 50%.