1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixer stars

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by lawnmower33, 15 Jul 2017.

1. lawnmower33

lawnmower33 New Member

I am not sure how stars are awarded for fixers. I have had several matches where I do 900 damage and 6k healing and only get 1 star, when the top damage in the match is 5k. I'm just curious on what I should do different for the extra star. Thanks in advance.

2. NAN0NAT3R

NAN0NAT3R Member

You get 1 star for winning, 1 star for contributing the average, 1 star for contributing 2x the average. I'm not sure how this works on a fixer but my guess is that if you heal someone who is doing good damage you get those contribution points and that's how you get stars. Maybe you were healing someone who didn't do much for the team and only got 1 star

3. lawnmower33

lawnmower33 New Member

That might make sense. But, is the defender that is taking the 6k damage and still alive not contributing much?

4. NAN0NAT3R

NAN0NAT3R Member

Sadly, it seems we defenders don't "contribute" by tanking shots and distracting the enemy. That's why fixers who help these defenders sadly don't "contribute" either.

5. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    "Contributing" also known as "secret sauce"

We are not allowed to know the complete workings of the star incentives because users can't be trusted....they would abuse it apparently. So many threads on this it is comical.

Just think of it as a random participation award. Good job buddy!!! You did swell!!!!

6. NAN0NAT3R

NAN0NAT3R Member

It feels like the devs are Mr. krabs and we players are plankton wanting the secret krabby patty formula

LimeOnMars likes this.
  7. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Something not right about that >.<
    So often I only get 1 star even when i am doing 8k+ healing! (as a mk4)
    It seems getting stars as fixer is just luck! how are you supposed to know who will do the most damage? Often times staying by that team mate isnt a good idea anyways.

And it is frustrating to be calling out "together" "together" and have all team mates split up even before battle begins. I run back and forth giving everyone as much attention as possible, while trying to also do damage, it takes a lot of work, especially now that I have less healing ability for myself and it takes longer to get around with overboost nerf T-T
    Yet still no one wants to stay together, maybe i have bad team mates? Most games are a long struggle.
    But I feel unrewarded as a fixer for my efforts to play as a team and help win the battle
    What, you want us to heal shooter doing the most damage and let other team mates die, so we lose?? Or in other cases make the team mate doing the most damage become targeted because we are there? (killing fixer and powerful team mate, easy win!)
    The contribution system is messed up.
    Healing should not only be rewarded if the player healed does significant damage
    Many times we are helping shooters be able to shoot freely without worrying about health (low health changes the whole game play!)
    So i call bs on that system (although i recognize that is the system in place now)

Also note-
    When I use firebomb as my main weapon I win less battles, do less healing, and do less damage, but still consistently earn more stars! (2-3 per battle)
    I understand it is because of other players with burning perks, but I feel healing should be valued more

Last edited: 15 Jul 2017
  8. lawnmower33

lawnmower33 New Member

Thanks everyone for the replies. I guess I will just deal with it and only worry about contributing to the win and not contribute to stars.

Seems broken but I'll deal with it.

9. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

I feel that stars are rewarded to actions that clearly contribute to win, rather than actions than prevent your team from losing. Healing and tanking seems to be underappreciated.

10. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

Hmm.. I see your point, but then I feel like speeders who suicide should possibly get extra stars; not very appealing. Defenders will just be the hidden heroes of the game :)

11. lawnmower33

lawnmower33 New Member

The sarcasm is strong with this one. Lol

12. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

If the stars are managed to 5 ( Increasing from 3 to 5) then it can be splitted very easy to all the people. i hope.