1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Speeder Nerf

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jdm7, 14 Jul 2017.

1. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

I'm not one to complain very often, but come on really? I logged on this am to expect a 100 hp nerf only to find that it ended up being a 150 pts. Speeders take dmg just like any other ship with a fraction of the hp of others. I understand the game needs to be balanced, but a little give and take would be nice. First, overboost is nerfed and now Hp. I have played with Shooters and defenders that are only a slight bit slower than my speeder that's with an epic turbo with 3 10% perks. I mean come on devs. If your going to hurt our abilities how about a speed boost, since it is a "speeder".

cgr3asy likes this.
  2. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

-383 HP here

Sad.

cgr3asy likes this.
  3. LimeOnMars

LimeOnMars Well-Known Member

Speeders should fly after using nitro on a waves ridge. Devs please add a pair of wing like fins to speeders in order to make this happen.

Epekka and cgr3asy like this.
  4. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

Let's break it down..... Shooters give up speed for double or more weapons. Defenders give up speed for massive hp. So shouldn't speeders have a noticeable amount of speed difference? Seems only fair to me. Yet each ship upgrade it gets slower like all the others. You wanna take hp fine but boost our base speed

5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Lets do a pop quiz: Which speed has the highest base & max speed at every mk? :)

The idea of a nerf is to make a ship worse, not to give and take a little, sorry!

cgr3asy likes this.
  6. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

As an mk4 shooter that uses a tier 3 rare big shield I have seen enough tier4 speeders with more hp than me. So I do think the hp nerf for speeder is more than fair. I think they even deserved a bigger hp nerf than they already got.

7. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

Ok I see your point, but here's one for you.
    Shooter to speeder; double or more weapon slots.
    Defender to speeder; almost double hp at mk4 insanely higher at mk5 n above.
    So in hindsight shouldn't the speeder be double the speed?

8. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

When you've had preferential treatment for so long, equality seems a bit unfair I guess..

aKifer, Wishaal and Epekka like this.
  9. cgr3asy

cgr3asy Member

the speeder and fixer gets nerfs, what about the shooters and defenders, they need nerfs too! but this nerf for health doesnt really bother me because im a speeder mk3:). the only nerf that affected me was the overboost, after that i felt really slow.

ps:im 1600 infamy starta convo if you wanna fleet up sometimes

10. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

-428 hp here.

I should be fine. My Big Shield compensated for it as I was upgrading it for the past week along with Brock Skills. So from 5033hp down to 4605hp, which was ok even for me up in 3500 a week ago. Actually, I think I might gained a bit of advantage now than before against other MK5 and MK6s.

11. D E P R E D A T H O R

D E P R E D A T H O R New Member

Hey... whattttt? -300?

They said that there were only 300 and now that you do I almost had 600 lowered ... double it.
    6756... now 6187 =-569

Attached Files:

12. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Hey DePredathor! Yeah, the talents apply to the ship which also includes shield too.
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/regarding-speeder-hp-nerf-the-numbers.9080/#post-29447

(Base hp + hp crew gaves + hp from shields and perks) x multiplied with % from crew (and perks if there would be those)

Ian likes this.
  13. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    Hey, try playing enforcer, im a mk4 and have 1930hp, do you hear me b*tching? No, so suck it up and deal with it

FALCO likes this.
  14. Kitterini

And Fixers heal for more than double of other boats -- Clearly unfair!

ThatOnion likes this.
  15. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    Lol

16. D E P R E D A T H O R

D E P R E D A T H O R New Member

I was expecting a net reduction not that

17. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

obviously you do not see the point I'm making. Let's rap this up, cause I can already see your simply an argumentative type. Shooters= more guns, Defenders= more hp, Fixers=heal, Speeders=speed. All I am trying to say is Speeders are not that fast if that's supposed to be their claim to fame

18. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

The fact that you're saying Speeder needs double the speed of Shooter is not logical. At that speed with OB, what weapon can hit it when it's moving side way? Before the nerfing, the Speeder was overpowering at the later end of battle. It's moving faster than any ship can target it.
    If you're going to be complaining about any nerfing, complain about the Fixer. OB nerfing effected the Fixer too. Half healing from pulse is a lot to lose. And lastly, the new healing bolt talents are conflicting with other major talents for Felix. I am planning to create a thread asking admins to move healing bolt talents to Dr. Buzzkill. It's a perfect place for it. It should be conflicting with the telsa bolt and shield.

Last edited: 14 Jul 2017
    SharkTank and Epekka like this.
  19. Kitterini

I see your point, but I disagree with it. I suppose that does make me argumentative :)
    Did you expect a serious response to your double, double, double logic? Speeders are significantly faster than anyone else (assuming equal level, talents and turbo), we probably disagree on whether you are fast enough faster though! I can understand why low level speeders think this is abit rough, but the change does (imo) make alot of sense when looking at high end play.

20. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    Speeders are killing me the same as before the said "nerf", the HP reduction is not that significative. The problem with yellows in general is their hability to stun and disable the oponent for way too much seconds. So, for now, this change they implemented today is not a big deal, really.