1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Meta Snapshot 1/7 [Bigger Boat Patch]

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kitterini, 1 Jul 2017.

1. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

With the incoming nerf for Speeders, can't help but looking back at this thread. Thanks OP!

Babablacksheep and Miathan like this.
  2. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

S
    How about using speeder now, And you are telling him to stop whining while
    you were the one whining in the latest posts about improvements.

3. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Not easy. Defender is like being stuck in a slow moving gun ship, but the turret moves very fast, so instead of deciding where to go most of the time it's who to shoot and spinning the camera rapidly. That said, the defender is less about mobility but positioning, in the hands of a great Team playing Defender, it can be a pivotal ship made to be a ship that draws fire and deals a lot of damage.

4. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

I've read this thread thoroughly, and here's what I think. Grabbing actual statistics is a very literal way of getting the meta data, however it may not be in-entirely accurate and it may not be the case that the Speeder itself is the most dominant class on amongst them all. On the contrary, if you look beyond the book of the cover or look beyond the surface, there's more to the story. I wrote this on the latest Patch/ Update thread, on maybe why I think the Speeder class dominates the top 50 leaderboard.

P.S. also the reason why Shooter is 2nd in META and why Enforcer will probably be 2nd(or maybe first) after the next Update.

Last edited: 12 Jul 2017
    Babablacksheep likes this.
  5. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Who plays speedy for the hp?

I play it for the speed amd agility, lel

6. CheekyDevilGod

Actually, I think the enforcer is the most versatile ship.

Speeder...not so much

I believe you might be overthinking everything. I play speeder cause it's fast, that's it, and I'm sure most people are similar

It's like the difference between going to war with a tank and a jet fighter if you know what I mean

7. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Quote me where I said "the most versatile", I said it is versatile as a more general term. Is it as much as Enforcer? In terms on what it can load into the ship maybe not, but it's pretty close ie MK5 Vs MK5, or MK6 vs MK6; The slots are almost identical with small differences give or take, even the HP is similar(before next update). The enforcer isn't as quick in terms of the ability to cover ground / map and this is where I lead to...

And because of it's speed, it's versatile(which depends on the PLAYER style), as in the role the player chooses in a team. As for Tank vs Jet Fighter, um, that's like comparing apples and oranges, it doesn't make sense. Should they at least still be using the same mode of transport, like flying?:confused: The analogy of the Speeder is like Jet-fighter is correct, however, and there's a reason why the Real Air Superiority Jet fighters are all fast...

My comments were About the PLAYER, less about the Class of the ship, or did you skip right over that?

As for overthinking, I like to think with depth, I don't look at things on a very shallow level before making comments. I'd like to convey some level of intellect in the way I present myself on the forums. Maybe you need to take some notes ?

(still short one liners double spaced I see...)

Last edited: 12 Jul 2017
  8. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Might be a noob-question, but, do shots in this game even have ship momentum applied to them? It was my understanding that the cannon always shoots straight, all that changes is the speed at which your own turret has to spin to meet the shot. Speeder turret agility isn't that fast, so if you're zooming past someone who's at a reasonable range, your turret won't be able to turn fast enough to lead a shot against the person you're shooting at. So, your shot looks like it's landing ahead of them due to your ship moving too fast, but it's actually because of your turret moving too slow. I don't play Speeder, but talking from the standpoint of a Speedforcer, even when I have fun with OB, Nitro, and double-Turbo, my speed has never made a difference in whether I can land a cannon shot.

9. CheekyDevilGod

I was the one who said the enforcer was the most versatile ship, I never said you said so. I meant speeders aren't really that versatile.

Sure they have red, blue and yellow slots but with their lame hp and turret agility there are some things you just can't do with a speeder.

And one major difference between the enforcer and the speeder is that enforcer has a third red slot and hence more dmg potential.

And you just questioned my metaphors..you were overthinking again, and if you read carefully, I was talking about the players too.

I said me and several speeders I know play speeder cause it's fast and fun, not cause it's versatile. If it's versatility that people want, people would certainly pick enforcers.

10. CheekyDevilGod

I don't think this is the right thread to discuss this. I strongly recommend you start a separate thread. You'd get more responses that way too.

11. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Ok fine. But what my discussion and my response to this thread to @Kitterini was the actual META. I challenged the fact that even though the Speeder numbers do dominate the leaderboard, it's less about the ship itself, rather, the best players in the game are choosing it over the others as their vessel.

The reasoning is simple. Like motorracing, there are different makes etc, but ones that use a very strict platform or even a single platform; level the playing field, like Indy or Daytona. The leaders are simply more talented, that's my argument.

So in other words, if Orpheus or Smile Shark switched ships, they would still be in the top 50 more or less.

I get your opinion, but Enforcers are still a small number compared to Speeders in the top50 leaderboard. So whatever you're saying is rather irrelevant to this thread. Please respond carefully, because what you mentioned above has very little to do with this thread and why it garnered my response.

12. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

I halfway agree -- But the other half is that players dedicated enough to reach that stage in the game will naturally consider which boat that gives them the best chance of competing.
    Its a competitive game, people do what they can to increase their winning odds.

60% is triple an even distribution, that is hefty so its not that surprising that the devs came to the conclusion they did.

Will be interesting to see where we go from here - Shooter was already on the rise and so many whales are making their way into the top also.

13. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Definitely. I do believe the balance was necessary. At MK6 and MK7, the speeders seem so much more powerful (compared to myself other than the item/weapon differences) so there is a variable degree here that is pointing to the ship. Partial of the META stats may be swayed due to personal preference of the top players.

The whales will tell us more but it's also telling that no whale has yet topped the Top 10 yet at the season ending, I know a few like Winkleberry5(who used to be a speeder btw, if that tells a story) has been scoring higher, but he's still not where the top guys who has been there for awhile like Christmas, / S \, Orpheus, Thunder Sword are consistently. We'll see.

Last edited: 13 Jul 2017
  14. Melv

Melv Member

You've hit the nail on the head. The nerf bat has been swung one too many times and the game is getting boring. I play speeder for the rush. I used to kamikaze and try to kill 1-2 ships in the process because playing long range and dodging in and out of cover was boring as shit. But now, I have no choice. Have to hide like a pussy and chase down targets that have been weakened.

Actually, I said all that just to ask you this: "What is the new game you are playing? I also want to play"
    LOLOLOLOL

15. CheekyDevilGod

Oops, sorry, responded to the wrong post in the wrong thread . Been texting in too many forums at the sametime and got confused

But as for your discussion, I'm actually agreeing with you. People picked the speeder cause they like it better, cause it's fun, they'd probably be equally skillful with the other ships as well.

The enforcer part was for the other post in the other thread , My bad, I apologize

16. Shooter@Bay

Shooter@Bay Active Member

Minimum weapon level and maximum weapon level. Maximum weapon level, I think it may be even legendary higher tiers.
    But I'm interested in lower rarity items these top 50 gamers have.
    How many players have rare tier 5 items only, or have maximum tier 2 epic items only, etc.
    Basically, the tier and rarity can help tell tell f2p or low p2w players. I would like this number.

aKifer likes this.