1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Do Defenders need a little love from the Devs?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kalbs, 9 Jul 2017.

1. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Do you think Defenders underpowered?

High HP but with low speed, easy to hit by high damaging weapons.

Gets ignored in a clash due to high HP, which negates his purpose to tank.

Too slow to catch up or chase anyone, which speed is an advantage in this game.

Limited weapon slots.

behumble likes this.
  2. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    When I made my second account I tried defender and I found the same problems. For some reason I was targeted even though I had the most hp. And I couldn't do anything about it. However, people such as P0rthos and Oa to wdk are high up on the leaderboard with there big defenders. I think you start to reach a point where it's a bad idea to target a defender because they aren't putting out as much fire power as the shooter (usually). So the defender can stay in the front lines and soak up any damage they can for there teamates. I don't have to much experience with defenders, but I think the whole point of them is to lose health for other teammates. If you don't lose most of your health by the end of the round then I believe the defender didn't do there job correctly. Or if the defender stays full health until they are the last one on there team. (I'm just blurting out words at this point)

Bobbafed99 likes this.
  3. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

I would trade anything for a slot on my defender for my new epic nailpalm...

4. aaaxxd

aaaxxd Member

I indeed try to hit everyone else except defenders in matches. It is usually safer to ignore them until the last minute, unless they end up becoming 1v5ers.

5. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    Just follow the defender. If the defender if alone the unfriendlys will attack it. If it's with another friendly, thenot they will be safer

6. Xilly

Xilly Member

Give defenders a yellow slot so that we can equip a nitro xD

jokes aside, as an mk4, i am finding a bit hard to do well in matches. It is quite hard to deal decent amount of damage with just 2 weps and a bit too slow. I am currently upgrading my Rare Turbo (can get it to T3). Can't wait to get to mk5 so that i can use another wep. Now that would be fun :3

7. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

As someone who mains a defender (mk4), I'll say that defenders are fine. Most complaints seem to be from people that don't understand the defender or are equipping the wrong items for their playstyle. For example:

- if you equip neither rudder nor gear lube, don't complain when you can't lock on the speeders that are circling around you
    - if you don't equip at least one turbo, don't complain about being too slow to evade stuff
    - if you don't equip a low CD weapon like cannon or carronade, don't complain about not being able to fire often because of having only 2 slots
    - if you don't have the guts to be in front, don't complain about the enemies targeting your squishier teammates first

Defender gets the most blue slots, and from what I'm seeing every day, many people seem to think they must fill them with shields and bandages. You can do that, but then you kill your own maneuvrability, and become basically a big HP sack, that will be convenient to ignore in the first half of the fight. That's because of the choices you made, not because of the boat.

Of course, how it all plays out will depend a lot on the map and matchup. But that goes for any ship. I don't believe defender has any big disadvantage right now.

Last edited: 10 Jul 2017
  8. Cool Penguin

Cool Penguin Member

Thumbs up to this from another mk4 defender!
    Obviously I wouldn't mind a little (more) love in a form of a buff from the devs tho but who would. ;)

Miathan likes this.
  9. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Defenders are fine as they are

The reason they can't tank is cause the rest of the team refuse to stay behind the defender cause they are slow and it's easier to run in front

Yes, they have the lowest agility and speed but nothing a couple of items can't fix

10. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    They need crew training perks for Bhurt like a Faraday Cage or some sort of way to negate the ridiculously overpowered Tesla Bolt. The fact that a speeder can sit there and render the Defender stunned for 16 seconds is ridiculous. especially in 1 vs 1 situation at the end of a game.