1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Has the last update made Battle Bay more or less fun for you?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Lightsoutokyo, 9 Jul 2017.

?

Has the latest update made the game more or less fun?

1. More

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Less

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Lightsoutokyo

Lightsoutokyo Member

I just went through the top 50 in the world and saw only four fixers maybe four to six defenders leaving the other 40 spots to a mostly speeders and then shooters

I thought this last update was supposed to balance the game
    Seems to me the devs love speeders and shooters and think of (fixers more specifically) fixers and defenders as a secondary thought

2. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Oh yeah they love Speeder and Shooters so much that they nerfed Overboost, Tesla Shield and Sniper. :rolleyes:

Miathan likes this.
  3. Kustomz

Kustomz Active Member

Love how you failed to mention Enforcers, and the lack of love they get.

4. Nicksly

Nicksly New Member

Fixer mains, such as myself, are very underappreciated on a majority of teams. Going by recent update notes, it seems like the devs aren't making the Fixer anymore appealing to players than it already is. One could argue that the updates are actually making the class less appealing to players (mostly new), but the devs aren't just the only ones to blame for this Fixer dilemma. Players are just pulled towards more offensive classes because at the end of the day who wants to stay out of the action and heal teammates. I think the players are more to blame in this situation than the devs. If the Fixer shortage wants to be 'fixed' then we need more people willing to be a team player and accepting that they might not be the MVP with most damage at the end of every round.

Last edited: 10 Jul 2017
    Battle Bay Scrub, behumble and Ian like this.
  5. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Man, don't act like the world is against you.

6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Enforcer is neglected in the leaderboard because you can't add any 2 slot weapon unless you want to use 1 less weapon. It's the only boat like that, poor enforcer. The only ones who use it use flare gun and 2 cannons. No other good combo

7. Dfer3nt

Dfer3nt Member

Honestly IMO people only play shooter and speeder that dominantly because they are the most fun ships. You can run around everywhere with speeder and you have such a fun and fulfilling loadout with shooter. Defender's are slow and usually lack firepower, enforcer is just regular, and with fixer you just stay with your teammates and then pop a pulse or drop a box when needed.

8. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Thank you for being honest about your opinion ;)

I play Fixer because I find it fun to play - Before that I played enforcer, which is also a fun bosat!

Go watch P0rthos vids & see how much fun a defender can be!
    ---
    All the boats have potential to be fun and whats fun for you is not always the same as I find fun.

9. Kustomz

Kustomz Active Member

Enforcer is just regular? I disagree and although fairly new to the game; i find Enforcer bad asss fun, because you can turn faster than any other ship and move almost as fast as a speeder with OB and Turbo. Although yes, it doesnt have as many guns as the slow turtle and slow to turn Shooter. The Enforcer may not be as popular as the Shooter and Speeder, but it isnt regular in anyway either; it is a team player ship that can also freeze and stun the enemy from attacking and or moving swiftly, which in the end it is a heavy slower Speeder on steroids imo. :p
    I just dont understand why more poeple dont use the Enforcer in the MK4 and up range.

10. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

To me, shooter and speeder are the least fun ships. They're the only 2 ships that I didn't upgrade beyond mk2.

11. Nicksly

Nicksly New Member

I wasn't implying that the world is against me. I was trying to convey a clear message; Battle Bay consists of many elements that make the game enjoyable, one of the many elements is the ability to choose from five different play-style based classes. The issue that the game has developed is the lack of class diversity. In a quick summary, players need to understand that there are more than the Shooter and Speeder boat to choose from and are encouraged to switch their play style to check out some of the features the other classes have to offer.

Lightsoutokyo likes this.
  12. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

It is interesting how on Brawl Stars, each character has its own trophy count. Matchmaking is based on that character's trophy count, with a little high level math thrown in for overall high trophy players.

Doing it this way encourages you to try all the characters. Don't know if it would work in BB, but I found the mechanic interesting.

Nicksly likes this.
  13. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

Indeed. And this is a problem in many other MOBAs as well - not just that people like to do damage, but that they NEED to be doing damage in lower-mid tiers to progress regardless of their teammates.

Nicksly likes this.
  14. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

@P0rthos I don't think each ship having separate infamy would break anything that isn't already broken.
    There is so much high epic and legendary gear at every level of the game now that i dont think my T4 rares would upset anybody anyway.

15. Nicksly

Nicksly New Member

The mechanic would work great in many competitive games out there. Team Fortress 2's comp could actually benefit off that trophy algorithm if Valve were to ever implement it.

16. Lord Drek

Lord Drek Member

Can you swap gear in Brawl Stars?

17. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

There is no gear, each character is interdependently and permanently upgraded. And there-in lies the difference.

All I know is that I'd love to play fixer, but never ever will due to not having gear to compete at nightmare league level.

18. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

not sure if it made it less fun, but i am definitely playing less compared to first 2 months and definitely dont plan to cash out any money on this game anymore.
    not worth it on such a cash grab game with vip, rng and progress walls...