1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

MORTARS ARE OVERPOWERED

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by FALCO, 9 Jul 2017.

1. RESQMI

RESQMI Active Member

Lol, you can say that it takes no skill at all but you can't deny that it is an effective strategy. If a player got spotted by all 5 unfriendlies and they each launch a mortar towards him/ her at the same time, there is practically nothing much anyone can do except to try to move out of the bull eyes and hope he/ she survive the bombardment.
    If you got bombarded all the times, you should know where in a map you most likely may have a mortar coming in, stay away from there till you have a better knowledge of unfriendlies load out.
    I would recommend you to study the maps and even use mortars for awhile to understand them. Once done you should be able to know which area in a map mortars may be coming in or which area they are almost useless. Understand their projectile speed and trajectory to find your own way to counter them.

I do understand your frustration, back in the days when I'm playing at lower levels there are no legendary item or too many high level epic mortars. Since the game have a premium service option, there is nothing we can do to stop players from using them to get high end items. Towards the higher league there are already not many mortars user, I think that they might likely get a buff instead of a nerf in the future. We already have ballpark mortars buffed this recent patch, unless there is any statistic showing too many mortars used overall in this game, I don't see a nerf coming anytime soon.

BTW I don't have any mortars in all of my load out except for napalm, don't flame me thinking that I'm a user trying to defend it.

Paccdaddy likes this.
  2. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    I hate when it happens to me but love when my team all joins up and does it lol

3. Paccdaddy

Paccdaddy Member

So I guess the big torpedo is too powerful too

4. ranggawiratno

ranggawiratno Member

Imagine Unfriends having 3-4 shooters, each have Big Berta, Fire Bomb, and Ballpark Mortar... Battling in Chillzone. Instant death to Defender. It think there should at least be a limit of Mortar used per team when match making.

FALCO likes this.
  5. Mamamyers

Loser
    Yours is. ;)

Miathan and Paccdaddy like this.
  6. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    That is mortar heaven. You have to adjust your game to the map and the ships dealt you.

The imagine game. Imagine a team filled with speeders and torps and stun; the other side filled with shooters and mortars. Goodbye shooters.

7. Mamamyers

Loser
    Yea @Paccdaddy just made a thread about choosing your loadout at beginning of game. For reasons like that

8. Paccdaddy

Paccdaddy Member

Yes I did. Check it out

9. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Wow! What brilliant idea!!

10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It's actually a very efficient way to deal damage -- In an instant it becomes a 5 on 4 advantage. In my experience it commonly means my 4 teammates that were with me have now spread out and are not taking and are not taking advantage of the distraction.

11. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

The problem is not others having epic and legendary....It's you having uncommon items at 2K Infamy.....Rare items work there + if they hit you with mortar, then u also do the same. :)

ShøckWãve likes this.
  12. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

Better lv30 uncommon than lv10 rare

13. H.A.D.E.S

Better have more perk slots than the uncommon one, which has two....Out of which you get one at tier 2 easily and for another one, you have to go long way + better rare lvl 15 than uncommon lvl 30 :p

ShøckWãve likes this.
  14. FALCO

FALCO Active Member

Oh of course cuz u think i camp sure dude

15. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

Sure, but that requires 2 rares items. I was implying that sometimes it is really hard to find duplicates

16. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Mortars are kind of annoying to counter but it's possible

You think the enemy shooters are spamming mortars

Fudge the camp and get close to them

Mortars are useless at close range

Getting close will effectively reduce their whole choice of weapons by 50%

As a guy who loves mortars, I can assure you this works

But only if the enemy team has a lot of mortars

17. H.A.D.E.S

I get it.....But it's not that hard to get rare items as u start getting rare items and pieces as soon as u reach higher Infamy....Could take time but going with uncommon at 2k Infamy is just madness.

ShøckWãve likes this.
  18. aaaxxd

aaaxxd Member

Mortars never do crap ton of damage. Unless all five shots are focused to one spot and you are standing in the bull's eye of them, you are not going to die. More likely you will get away with only half the health gone. Five cannon shots at once will definitely decimate a player on the other hand. Three big torps will down almost any ship except defenders. Unless your team is horribly clumped up (due to fixers etc.) mortars are inefficient damage dealers. They are intimidating, sure, but you can usually work through them.

19. The Toucan

The Toucan New Member

With speeders dominating the game at the moment, it is hard to say that mortars are too good

20. FALCO

FALCO Active Member

Yes i know that mortars at close range are innafective but i cant get super close to the enemy teamm all alone my teammates have to move closer too and since my teammates are all stupid shooter they just camp