1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.4 "We're gonna need a bigger boat"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Jun 2017.

1. Steven

Steven Active Member

I have heard from a few ppl and this thread shows it also...ppl say this ruins things for the low llvl player...well I tested this out on a alt account healer and posted some YouTube vids showing that even at low lvl a fixer can survive....u just have to play smarter guys....im sure this also applies to speeder, enforcer and any other boat... #PLAY SMARTER!!

Last edited: 9 Jul 2017
    P0rthos and TheRedSpeeder like this.
  2. r4z

r4z Member

Rrrrright all shooters, u don't have any videos with speeders 2 shooting you in the middle of your team?
    At mk2 I suspect you would last 5-7seconds, you are at under 1k hp, you are a 2-3 shot kill.
    Some mock videos of you surviving a slow battle doesn't prove anything I'm afraid
    Play smarter u say? Good advice, but it depends on the fight, if you stick to each others side and trade shots while the fixers fix yah, what about when there are two fronts? Or the teams mix? Or when an aggressive speeder flanks and kills you in the middle of your team?
    Show me how those scenarios play on your mk2 fixer. You might need to play a few 100's battle to capture one video where u survive.
    I can record vids of fixer kills right in the middle of the opposing teams, and mk4 fixers, would that prove the contrary of what u are trying to emphasize? Maybe.
    The main point is simple mk4 fixers and under got hit bad, most fixers that have played before and after the nerf are complaining. Mk5 and 6 are fine because they have more HP and more weapon slots.
    You showcasing a few selected fights where u survive or even win slow fights, doesn't prove the contrary in my opinion.

3. Steven

Steven Active Member

Each game ending is all in how each team plays...the point of my video is that u can still live as a low lol fixer even with the nerf...many have said this nerf hurt the low lol fixer most but I don't see that...i show at the end of my one video my battle log on the fixer showing I win several, and also loose several...no need to mash the devs on a needed nerf and say it cripples FTP guys when it doesn't if u learn how to play smarter. Yes I know each game will vary depending on ur team setup and enemy set up...but it also depends more on your teams ability to work together and react together better than the other teams.

I'm also srry I didn't notice I double posted....i will edit with the other video with more battles and also diff heal items. Please check previous post for new video

Last edited by a moderator: 12 Jul 2017
  4. r4z

r4z Member

The fixer nerf hit ftp and p2w players alike, if they play fixers mk4 and under they got crippled hard, no matter how much they spent.
    "Play smart" is an excuse from what I have seen, putting the burden on the player for the devs failure to do incremental changes.
    It's been said already, there were better fixes for the double pulse issue (if there was one).
    And this change, to this extend it wasn't needed or requested by the community.
    Fixing matchmaking, targeting system, new maps/boats/items have been asked over and over again..
    Plus, how can u defend the devs when they haven't provided any of the data they worked with to reach the conclusion that these nerf were needed?
    You don't question at all the fact that the ballance was for high lvl players, without considering mid and low lvl ones?

5. Kustomz

Kustomz Active Member

Honestly not to insult the game devs as i love this game, but its almost sounding like Rovio is owned by Ubisoft when it comes to balancing game matches :p for those that have played multiplayer games made by Ubisoft you will understand what im refering to (For Honor, is a great example). Please Rovio game devs, dont damage this bad asss game; Fix It!!

6. Steven

Steven Active Member

I don't question it because I don't see how it cripples lower lvls...i don't play a fixer...i made these vids as a request from a streamer who can't test first hand "how it cripples lower lol fixers" I could so I did...and I don't see any reason to believe they are crippled....i see they need to think more about there play, as zuse stated....its no longer about I'll just run in the middle and keep everyone alive along with myself....now it's u have to think about when to be close and when not...u have to decide is pulse nerf worth running over bandage now? Because I believe that's what he said they were trying to do as tape was hardly used as a item. And yes I support them, this is a great game so far and if played alot as a PTW, and some as a FTP player to catch both sides...and both are enjoyable to me. Zuse explained in a post on this thread y the changes were made and I personally agree with them. Why have they not someone other things the community asks for? I have no clue...but I imagine they are working on many more additions to please us as players....but sadly we won't receive everything we request.....and I'm not gona cry like a 2 year old when I don't get what I ask for. I play the game as it's handed to me and with any changes to come....if I don't agree with them I uninstall the game and move on...no big deal! Give them time....they will do what they fill is needed for us as a player in due time.

7. r4z

r4z Member

Sounds to me like the typical fan boy attitude, take what's given and be happy about it, even if you payed for it. See fanboy-ism is almost like a religion "believe and do not doubt".
    So.. you don't play fixer, did a couple of tests now and concluded all is well and the solution to everything is "play smart" ... I see
    Keep buying pearls and don't complain on the next nerf, that your long investment its been nerfed to shaite, if you complain you are a two year old.
    Well folks you heard it, nothing to see, all is well, trust and believe.

8. Steven

Steven Active Member

Most def a fan! Love the game and u can call it what ya want to bud it's no harm to me. Doesn't matter what boat ya play, if ur team doesn't play together ur done for....doeant matter about any patch nerfs....buffs...or any change....the game is based off ur team, plain and simple bud. And I didn't buy pearls on that account so yea d ont know what ya ment there.

9. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

If you want to argue, then use good arguments!
    Speaking of fixers; I think this nerf was aimed at low level fixers (mk3,4 and perhaps 5) as fixers at those mks could reach a much higher infamy than all other boats.
    It has the unfortunate sideeffect that it also nerfs endgame fixers, a class that has never broken 10% participation at peak level.

---
    Having said that, I'm a big fan of devs focusing on endgame balance -- Keeping a game in perfect balance throughout the ranks is impossible, so obviously the main focus should been on an even field at the place where everyone ends up eventually. Not saying that small nerfs/buffs to lower mk shields arent a good idea if balance is way off, but imbalance at a stage people progress past is better than imbalance at the place everyone ends up at.

Cool Penguin, Totoro and CrizR like this.
  10. r4z

r4z Member

quite the contrary from what I've seen and heard on this forums your arguments are off
    the nerf affect the LOW LEVEL fixers MORE than the high level fixers. And if you would have bothered to read, the arguments there were: higher HP pool and more weapon slots at high lvl - mk5+

The grief and outrage directed at the devs comes form the fallowing:
    - to get and lvl-up weapons/kit in this game is a huge grind and/or very costly (real money).
    - the changes were seveare and didn't need to be, there were other ways to fix the problem (cancel second pulse) . How about doing less drastic changes more often, untill the ballance is reached. And on that topic, why is this ballance needed now? The game was released in certain countries, 2 years ago? That wasn't enought time for ballance?
    - the changes affected low-mid players to the extend that their set-up was seavearly crippled - on the other hand higher lvl players weren't affected as bad
    - enforcers have been sevearly hit by this, OB and TS nerf crippled them badly, TS is useless at player lvl 1-25 now. Why? Because the TS will max T1 and it would drop in 1-2 hits.
    Higher lvl players will have TS 3-5 - and only then it becomes a tactical decision if to use it or not, at T1 it's a no brainer - it's not worth it.
    - new rules added and not listed in the patch notes. What about the fact that a new system was implemented that stopped ppl from getting rewards if their infamy dropped more than 500 of their max peak/infamy? That wasn ever even listed. So cripple them with a big nerf, infamy naturally drops, get crippled even more by a newly adde rule. NIceeeeee.

honestly you fan boys will play the same tune no matter what arguments the rest will bring.

I'm a fan of this game, I'm not a fan of the devs when they push changes in an unprofessional way. In short:
    - crippled low - mid range players
    - affect items that can/do cost real money
    - no small incremental changes - instead BRING the NERF HAMMER
    - forgetting the list significant changes in patch notes

11. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    This happening to anyone else? By tabs pop up the entire battle, making it hard for me to switch weapons with put accidentally closing the app. It's annoying af

Attached Files:

12. r4z

r4z Member

sorry, I can't see what u mean from that ss.
    does your tablet /phone have a physical button that replaces the older 3 software buttons?
    the pop-up, does it try to open a browser tab?
    I had something like that if I'd touch the button or click on the boat to change the view while in spectator mode.
    the fix for me was to disable the physical button and activate the software /on screen ones. The big button was trying to open the Google App I believe.

13. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

@r4z Why the need to scream fanboy at anyone who doesn't agree 100% with you? Usually people tell me I whine too much, so this is new territory :)

While I cant provide first hand experience for low level fixers, I can tell you that its a significant nerf for my options as a mk5 -- Im not happy about the nerf and I think it was over the top (or should atleast have been counterbalanced by higher hp or w/e).

I'll bet you see more low level fixers complain because there are alot more low level players -- There is a limit to how much the games 10(ish) mk6 fixers post.

I think the point that repair pulse nerf hits boats using 1 much harder than boats using two is way off. You try playing against Christmas or Orpheus with 2 nerfed pulses as your only means of selfhealing.
    ---
    For the arguments I "havnt bothered to read":
    - Comparatively low level fixers are much closer in HP to other boats, than high level fixers are.
    - A mk5 Fixer still only has 1 weapon. And again, the comparative amount of firepower between ships arent vastly different.

Complaining is fine, if you had " bothered to read" you would have seen plenty of critical comments from me regarding these changes.

If you think you'll convince anyone of your arguments by namecalling then you'll probably end up dissapointed. Go for the ball and argue your points instead.

P0rthos, CrizR and Totoro like this.
  14. r4z

r4z Member

I used "fan boy" name calling because u were right on queue after a clear fan boy that doesn't seem to be willing to question anything. Sorry if I was wrong regarding you.
    I still believe you are wrong, the hp pool is bigger at higher levels, as the are the kit slots (that's what I meant, not weapon slot - as that's not the object of this topic).
    More kit slots mens you can survive with double box/pulse, you don't need to change to bandage and be very less affective to the team.
    There are other points I made, you could comment on them too pls.

not gonna pollute the forums with back and forth replies, I said my peace, I'll try and give others the chance to speak. This thread is very long as it is.

15. Steven

Steven Active Member

A fan I am, and I do question things but I try and keep that to myself, it's a dam game and I don't see a point in questioning what indont control. So I made a video to Show MY opinion and me playing a LOW LVL FIXER and not having a hard time playing my role. The changes are out of my control and anyone else's here ultimately they ate gona change what they wanna Chang as devs and we can't do shet about it.

16. r4z

r4z Member

I know you mean well but attitude like yours allows game makers to do what they want. No, you can do something about unfair and bad behaviour from a gaming company:
    -voice your concerns
    -stop spending if a general boycott is needed
    -with Google Store/Apple Store applications the reviews matter so you can give them the review you think they deserve. If the devs can choose to ignore forums they can't ignore the store that sells their game. Games with bad reviews don't get good adoption. With fewer players joining and existing players spending less or nothing the game maker need to decide if they close shop or play ball with the player base.
    Rovio haven't been so bad as to boycott them, I'm just explaining that players have options, this is one of them.

17. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

Actually u technacly can't do anything about it....they are the makers, it's there game and there choice in the end. And they do take in players concerns. Which is why the nerf happend....did they fix it how you "the player" wanted it fixed prolly not but they made adjustments how THEY want and see fit because again....its their choice. Iv put my 2 cents in about a few things on the forums but d ont really care if they listen or not...ima still keep playing till I'm tired of the game. I don't really care what changes they make.

18. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    You do care. You choose with your time and/or your wallet. This has impact.

Good development teams take user experience seriously and as close to real time as they can.

r4z likes this.
  19. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

What all are u talk8ng about here bud? Ingot me confused

20. DarkkMinion

DarkkMinion New Member

So what's up devs. Taking an eternal break? How about a freaking update to the game so we can enjoy it.