1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Snipers

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Mamamyers, 9 Jul 2017.

1. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    I just got an epic sniper.
    Pros and cons? I have t2 epic Canon and a 3rd waiting till I can evolve it. How similar is it besides the dps being Much lower?

Also for anyone with an epic sniper. What's the dps get go when maxed to 10?

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I was only 9 years old.

I loved Sniper so much, I had all the merchandise and movies.

I pray to Sniper every night, thanking him for the life I’ve been given.

“Sniper is love” I say, “Sniper is life."

My dad hears me and calls me a... Yea, Sniper is good.

Pros:

Critical hit chance.
    Critical hit chance buffs in training.
    Critical hit damage buffs in training.
    Critical hit chance perks.
    Critical hit damage perks.
    Long range.
    Fast bullet travel speed.

Cons:

When it doesn't crit it is weak.
    Waves will eat your shots a lot.

Paccdaddy, Wishaal, dikshift and 2 others like this.
  3. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

A lot of people still use Sniper even after the nerf, but as a Fixer, I'd definitely stick with the Cannon.

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for the privilege to evolve my rare canon or sniper canon to figure out that question. Randomizer (tm) has not given me a second one of either in nearly 50 chances so far.

5. Joey who

Try training/retraining these of you haven't already. Screenshot_2017-07-08-21-07-01.png Screenshot_2017-07-08-21-07-12.png

6. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

i wouldn't invest into an epic unless i got at least one duplicate. t1 is weak and rares are easier evolve.
    if you find another epic sniper, then you can question whether its worth using, although by the time you will probably have t4 rares or something :)

Miathan likes this.
  7. Joey who

That's true. I see people using epic tier 1 snipers and they do around 200 damage per shot and no crits. While my rare is doing 300+ dmg a shot and 750+ a crit with every 2-3 shots being a crit or sometimes consistently

8. Mamamyers

Loser
    I may just scrap it lol I'm in shock still I got 3 epic canons. May just stick to that. Dps is so much higher on it. I do find myself being killed by snipers tho lol but ya using t2-4s tho

9. xBonk

xBonk Active Member

Machinist

10. xBonk

xBonk Active Member

Machinist
    The range for cannons is a problem. Makes it a lot trickier to get close enough to mix it up

11. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Sniper is essential for any good shooter. Many run two. I dont think ive seen one without one yet.
    Don't scrap it, epics are difficult to build unless you're buying them and one is better than none.
    I'd build a blue one until you have three epics if I were you.

Miathan likes this.
  12. ranggawiratno

ranggawiratno Member

I got an Epic level 10 Sniper, it maxes out at 220 dps. Now I'm leveling up my Rare one cuz I found like 5 Rare Snipers a few days back :v

13. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    Yep, keep amost all the epics you get and save them for when you can upgrade them easily. Rare items are MUCH easier to upgrade and evolve. If you are lucky enough to get 2-4 of the same epics. Upgrade them on the side if you have extra sugar. Then later on you can switch

14. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Haha, I understood that reference. Thanks for ruining sniper for me, now I'll never be able to look at sniper the same way as I used to be. You really like to pour salt in old wounds don't you lol

15. RESQMI

RESQMI Active Member

Cannon and Sniper cannon skill tree don't contradict too much so you can actually use both of them.
    I've been using this combination until I got a good enough epic flare gun leveled up to swap out my rare standard cannon recently.
    I've been using sniper cannon since the day I played but I don't really care about the dps so I can't really comment on your question.
    My opinion on the sniper cannon is the fast projectile and long range compensate my slower ship even when it is at lower level without high critical rates from perks and training.
    A projectile needs to constantly hit a target to get an actual dps, how you position yourself in a game and weapon load out rotation plays a big part.
    All these will only be perfected to your play style through trial, error and practice.
    But I can guarantee you that it sure feels damn good when you critical kill a boosted speeder at the other end of a map.:D

Attaching my sniper cannon for your reference, hope it helps your configuration.

Happy grinding.
    Screenshot_2017-07-09-12-35-34-210_com.rovio.battlebay.png

16. Mamamyers

Loser
    Thanks guys!

17. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

Got an epic sniper two days ago.Does around 230 at level 10.I cant play this game without my trusty sniper lol.Because I have won so many 1v1s with lower hp cause the crits.And yes dont bother leveling the epic one till you have another duplicate.My T3 rare sniper does 300 damage at level 25.And crits for about 720(perks+training).The nerf hasnt affected it much but im happy they balanced it.

Last edited: 10 Jul 2017
  18. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    You can't compare posted dps directly. Remember that the sniper's power comes from critical damage. When you have good perks and the skills trained, you crit about a third of the time.

19. Joey who

Lmfao

20. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

If it's dps you want

Stick with standard cannon

Nobody uses sniper for the dps

People use sniper cause it has the highest range

The highest projectile speed

The highest crit chance and crit damage

Get a sniper and build it's crit chance

Then get all crit dmg perks from bhurt and you have something that can do almost railgun level dmg

But yeah, dps isn't going to get higher than cannon

Mamamyers likes this.