1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Current Shop System, does it suck?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by D3X, 26 Apr 2017.

?

What do you think of the Current Shop / Item System?

1. Needs work.

93.0%
  2. Good.

7.0%
  1. Anomalix

Anomalix Member

My only issue with the shop at the moment are the perks, there should be some other way to get perks. a perk (skill)tree would be nice? This game needs anything to add to its depth.

2. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    Your skill tree is basically the entire crew :)

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  3. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Ok well looks like Rovio has updated the Shop UI and gave us the Item purchase system. Has anyone noticed a better drop rate?
    Rovio, can you update us if any changes has been made to improve item drop rates?

Mr squiqqle likes this.
  4. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Which drop rates you are referring to specifically? All relevant changes have been listed in the release notes.

5. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

Item purchase system with a twist that negates the idea a tiny bit. But it is what it is. I understand that if we could purchase duplicates, that it would literally become pay to win. Thanks Devs for giving our feedback some serious consideration, and finding a bit more of a balance. Drop rates... I haven't noticed a difference yet. Used my 300 freebies to add to my meagre stash of peals and bought a 400pearl box... Got bupkis... But meh. I no complain. It's the gamble we take I guess. The new look shop IS a big improvement, and the extra star boxes and increased star limit should make a big difference. Overall, I'm pretty stoked and have a new enthusiasm for trying to gain those stars each day
    ~mr squiqqle

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  6. Anomalix

Anomalix Member

Wow, you guys and your easy answers...The crew is not a skill tree, it's a pain in the ass. No skill tree forces you to level skills that you don't need for a year to get the skills you really want today.

HELLRAZOR likes this.
  7. Douglas

Douglas Member

I think shop is way better now after last update before global release.... now you can buy even epic itens....my only complain is that you should be able to scrap or sell parts that you dont want to buy other that you actually want i filled with uncommon parts but need rare.

8. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I would really like to see complete items available occasionally in the market. Any chance Zeus?

9. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    @Stelmo Do you mean you'd like a list of every item in the game? I doubt we can make that happen but you can already check all the equipment in the items shop tab

10. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

@Zeus I mean complete items (looking at you epic swift torp) in the market section of the shop, available for gold. Maybe like an epic once a month or something? Could be an incentive to spend a lot more time building up those gold reserves.

11. metaky

metaky New Member

Brand new player here. I thought maybe I didn't quite understand the loot system and that it all felt random and fruitless because I was so new. But...after reading through this discussion, it seems like I understood things completely. I'm less than a week in and have only had 1 rare chest and expect maybe 1-2 per week...meaning that any sort of real progress in leveling up items is truly up to the RNG gods. This isn't a good system. I don't care what any long term player says. Why collect 4 different kinds of currency, plus 3+ kinds of parts and STILL not see real, valuable items drop independently very often. I'm a pay to play player in a lot of games, but that's when I see that money going towards real progress. I don't see myself spending any money on this game at this point because it'll all feel like it's going toward luck of the draw, which I'm not a fan of at all.

I love the gameplay here and really like the tech trees and how you can customize ships. This game has a lot of potential, but that potential is going to be wasted if they keep this system around unfortunately.

12. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

?

Did you not bother to read the entire thread? The discussion here is about progression, and the inability to progress forward after a certain point. Nobody is asking for "everything at once", if anything, we're asking to be able to get more content gradually and feel that they are moving forward in the game even if it's a small piece at a time. Not being stuck at a singular point/ level/ infamy because you cannot find a specific item in game that is necessary to move forward. More than anything, it's about patience, or testing the patience of these players that cannot find anything for days, if worst, weeks!

If you're a new player, I would advise that you should wait and gain more experience before making a comment or a vote. When common and uncommon items are no longer worthwhile and not good enough. You will hit a wall later with levelling I assure you.

Last edited: 8 May 2017
    Babablacksheep, Jammo, metaky and 2 others like this.
  13. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

Or the most worst situation that you can't find the item at all so you have to give up on it and start updating something else wasted time and material to that dead end item

14. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

We're players from soft launch which was available to some countries more than a year ago, and I've been playing for months. We are Not players that started via Global Release (May 4th). So unless you started before I did, I would have to say yes on the "experienced" part. When did you start the game? If you're not understanding this discussion, maybe you should drift elsewhere. I'm pretty patient, the fact that i'm even responding to you...

The other thing you probably don't realize is 'context' as in date, time and when this was written. And if you paid attention, it was before Global release and even before some of the Shop Interface changes.

As for progression, I never talked about getting to the end game, I'm asking for the sense of progression as in being able to buy weapons you need etc, again, did you not read the thread? People are feeling that they are getting stuck, which is demotivating and likely one of the highest causes of quitting in this game.

As for answering your irrelevant question:
    To be honest, the end game is the day you quit or maxing all your weapons to legendary *Which is probably not possible with this shop system.

Last edited: 9 May 2017
    Jammo, TheRedSpeeder and Mr squiqqle like this.
  15. Mr squiqqle

Wow. Let's not actually pay attention to the original topic and just be an opinionated asshat. Good job tatted. Way to look like a meat head. There's the public forum for you to post your ignorant opinion. Let the adults talk.

TheRedSpeeder and SCOOTY PUFF Jr like this.
  16. Mr squiqqle

Good for you, don't try and talk on subjects that you aren't schooled in or aren't relevant to you...

17. Captain_Perry

Captain_Perry Active Member

@Tatted please read the forum rules and think again.
    We are discussing about the shop system currently, and yet you are just messing around now. According to what I see, D3X tried to respond to your "irrelevant" point, but you just continued. Please, please, please make your content relevant. You don't want to see the ban hammer... (I am not trying to threaten you, just reminding you to behave a bit)

18. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

I have responded? You haven't offended me, i'm just baffled and astonished at your responses.

As for friends, i'd like to say that Perry and I are friends, but more like mutual respected acquaintances right now. Perry is quite a way above me when it comes to level and capability.

Anyway, if any moderators can clean this up, please do.

Last edited: 10 May 2017
    Captain_Perry and Mr squiqqle like this.
  19. Mr squiqqle

I thought you were off the thread? Haha XD

20. Mr squiqqle

Yes, that's right. Just hanging on your every word. Couldn't be that I happened to be viewing the forum and an alert popped up... XD well done. I believe you even top chill for arrogance and delusional tendency