1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on overboost nurf

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by MOB BOSS, 1 Jul 2017.

Tags:
  1. MOB BOSS

MOB BOSS Member

I am very unhappy with the nurf to the overboost! Mostly do not understand how it was overpowered before the patch. How is my ship going a little faster for 8-10 seconds more overpowered than someone being able to stun someone else's ship rendering it completely useless for 12 seconds.

So now my overboost lasts 7.5 seconds and my cool down is 12 seconds. Use to last 9.5 seconds with cold down of 10 seconds. So it went from 95% effective to about 55% effective. that is a huge nurf on an item I don't believe needed it. Especially when comparing it to the stun ability.

Bobbafed99 and Smoker9000 like this.
  2. SCOOTY PUFF Jr

SCOOTY PUFF Jr Active Member

with perks the OB had no cool down, it's a noticeable difference but honestly it was needed and now you just have to think a little more about when to use it over just using it all the time

3. MOB BOSS

MOB BOSS Member

Yes I can see increasing the cooldown a little but not happy with decreasing the duration! And I can't ignore the fact that the tesla bolt can stun someone for 12 seconds. Rendering them completely useless. But a speed boost is overpowered...

Smoker9000 likes this.
  4. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I don't think it was needed at all. I have no trouble hitting speeders with overboost running.
    Now if you see an enforcer using overboost just wait for it to run out, then fire a mortar at it, we're going nowhere.

5. SCOOTY PUFF Jr

SCOOTY PUFF Jr Active Member

a stun is broken the moment you take damage, same as the stun from the tesla shield

6. Dfer3nt

Dfer3nt Member

Its nerf my friend

Ian likes this.
  7. MOB BOSS

MOB BOSS Member

Yes but when used right you can stun someone and let all your weapons cooldown, shoot them with all your weapons stun them again. And there's nothing you can really do to stop it.

Smoker9000 likes this.
  8. MOB BOSS

MOB BOSS Member

Yes I also never had any trouble hitting people running overboost.. That's why I don't get making it such a useless item

Smoker9000 likes this.
  9. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

speeders are now forced to use 2 overboosts, which is ridiculous. if not,and when it runs out at the worst moment, nothing can save you from focus fire. hit n run tactics no longer viable. scouting ability seriously weakened. flanking nonexistent. you come at the enemy team from a side a then what? you fire a few shots and die, because you cant run away.

am talking now about mk4. 2 yellow slots and you are forced to run 2 of the same nerfed item, otherwise you're dead. am sorry devs ( @Zeus or @Miika ), but that is not balance...

Smoker9000 likes this.
  10. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

The overboost nerf wasn't so bad. I still use it in the 2100 range as mk4.

Before you could spam it and have unlimited overboost. It was definitely overpowered.

Now you have to be strategic about when you use your overboost.

For example: I want to get from X spot to Y spot. In the middle of X and Y my enemies will be able to see me until I get to Y spot. So I will activate overboost right before my enemies are able to see me so when my overboost is over I am behind cover and I have a better chance at not getting hit because my overboost stops when I am not in cover.

Hope this helps you with your overboost issues. I (as a speeder) am glad they balanced out overboost as it has offered a lot of people to teach themselves how to be strategic and not spam for infinite overboost speed.

The Otherguy likes this.
  11. MOB BOSS

MOB BOSS Member

I find speeder needs the overboost to actually feel like it's going faster than the other ships. And it only has 2 weapons so it needs the speed to make up for not having much firepower.

Why is there a speeder in the game if they keep making it slower and slower. Right now I feel like calling it the slower.

I'm just saying that's all the speeder has. Speed! Shooter has like 6 weapons. Enforcer has a bunch or red and yellow slots with a turret that spins like a fidget spinner. I seen a defender with almost 19000 health. And healers heal! Their awesome!

Please stop taking away the only thing the speeder has going for it.

Rivet, Battle Bay Scrub, D3X and 2 others like this.
  12. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

no, that doesn't help at all. you are being blind to the real issue.
    am not running a sniper or some other nonsense longrange weapon. speeder is close range fighter, it needs to be fast and agile. the fact that you're stuck in the water for 6s waiting for cooldown is not what a speeder should be about.

this.

i dont mind if they decide to take away some of its health. from what i saw, most of the complaints were about speeders having a huge health pool. but dont take away its tools and speed.

Smoker9000 likes this.
  13. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Low level speeders are squishy and could probably use some help, agreed.

High level speeders are still very viable, some would argue that its the best boat in the Bay.
    ---
    I've used OB for most of my 5k games, but the nerf seems resonable to me. The previous version with 100% uptime did not make for interesting decisions, now its an active choice when to use the speed burst.

But I can understand why its painful for low lvl speeders and their tiny healthpool. And poor enforcers, that boat is slow slow slow when overboost falls off.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  14. Joey who

I see your problem but having infinite overboost was stupid.

Sorry to the noobs who only knew how to spam but you guys need to learn to be strategic now or switch boats...

The Otherguy likes this.
  15. MOB BOSS

MOB BOSS Member

i can see increasing the cooldown a little bit. But to have an item that only increases your speed a little bit do nothing for half of its cool down is useless. If it's gonna have such a short duration it need to be a much stronger effect. Comparing it to other items it doesn't really do much to help in a fight anymore.

Smoker9000 and SAME DIFF3R3NC3 like this.
  16. Joey who

It has a strong effect already. We don't need a long lasting nitro.

The Otherguy likes this.
  17. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

did you just called me noob?

it was only infinite if you had lvled up crew and epic perks. what am saying is, the nerf hammer was too much. increasing cooldown and decreasing duration made it from a good support item, into a "meh why should i even bother" item.

Smoker9000 likes this.
  18. Joey who

Not you in particular that is why I spaced the message down some.
    Overboost is still very reliable and I am glad it can't be spammed now.

19. Sk1llsaw

Sk1llsaw New Member

As a fixer for most of my 3k+ matches using over boost the nerf was significant enough to seriously consider another item in the yellow slot. I'm not p2w player.. my lv10 overboost on my mk5 is one of three epics I use. The other two being a small shield and turbo. So this nerf leaves my boat with significantly less survivability because of the pulse nerf (not hijacking mobs thread) and another huge kick in the junk with way less speed to get in heal and get out.. my two cents.. start working on matchmaking based on item levels, maybe work on balancing for legendaries a little more (?) All these changes did was hurt the f2p players trying to compete with the p2w.. seriously castrated

20. BEN

BEN Active Member

Overboost deserves the nerf it got. Lightning fast speed with no downtime is just crazy. Speeders are already faster than anyone else with or without the OB effect, and enforcers although slow without the OB effect have the best maneuverability in the game.