1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.4 "We're gonna need a bigger boat"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Jun 2017.

1. RESQMI

RESQMI Active Member

@r4z you might want to check with the admin, seems to me your account might be flagged by system for tanking, not because of some bug.
    It is a penalty after this update for those who tank their infamy. They will not receive any reward until they fight back to their last highest record.
    You should contact their support to clarify this issue.

2. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

IMG_3701.PNG Glad I can shoot my own teammates now. Still doesn't stop them from moving away from the team doe. :/

3. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

You can't remove them unfortunately. Not yet at least

4. Zardek

Zardek New Member

I play fixer and 3/5 of my objects are nerf. :eek:

5. Renier Fourie

Renier Fourie New Member

@Zeus I guess there hasn't been so much response to an update since the RG nerf back in the day! Congrats to you and the team for this successful game, I'm sure we all love it and that's why you have so many comments.

I decided not to comment up until I had a chance to try out the updates and then give my 5c input, so, my thoughts... (and apologies in advance as I can only speak from a nightmare league point of view)
    • Happy about the sniper nerf as I was killed by this weapon easily 70% of my playing time and every OP player in the top 10 had this equipped (most cases x 2 or 3), but having said that I never complained about it because it needs to be a great weapon to be loved and used by all and opinions aside I don't think it required the nerf, please just leave my BC alone :)
    • I can't comment on the BPM or fixer matters as I never play them
    • The OB nerf I understood your point, albeit difficult to live with
    • The TS nerf is really a big issue, especially in nightmare league and I will explain why. I had this scenario several times today:
    • Enfo starts the game...Enfo encounters OP players (Orpheus, Xmas, Bergster, etc. every game btw)...Enfo deploys shield and engages OP player...1 shot from OP player breaks rare shield lvl 50 and stuns enfo for 4 seconds...on sec #3, enfo is hit with RG, BC, sniper crit, etc. which more than halves my HP (3716) ... enfo is then hit with TB and further stunned.... second shot, game over!
    Don't blink and forget about trying to use the second TS! I've had many battles like that today and not only is it frustrating and discouraging, but I become even more helpless and useless than I was to my team as I never get a chance to recover and do any damage. My opinion is that if you do want to stun the player for breaking the shield, increase the HP of the shield to such an extent that it takes at least 2 or 3 shots to break it, but even then, 4 seconds in a high infamy match feels like a week because you have to bear in mind that most of these players have mostly epic perks to reduce cool down periods, range, damage etc. on their items and they can fire a lot quicker, not even mentioning the levels of crew they trained.

On top of this, could we look at ways of increasing the speed of the enfo perhaps? Reason why I'm saying is that I currently have a lvl 31 epic turbo equipped with 4 epic perks and I have defenders like Oato, Prothos and the like flying past me as if I'm busy looking for a parking spot... Try running away when these fatties are chasing you... I have a slight (and I do stress slight) speed increase with the OB to escape. 7/10 times I can't :( and now with the nerf when I deploy my shield to escape and use the OB, the moment my shield is broken, I'm stunned and I can't use my OB...

Anyways, enough complaining. I hope there are other ways we can explore the TS issue as currently this 4 sec stun renders my enfo useless as I do run double shield (I've fought hard to get to this stage to be able to use it and I feel it is a perk for an enfo mk6)!

Battle on and enjoy!

Kustomz and monobrow like this.
  6. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

He has droped infamy too much. This feature is made for blocking "resource farming" but it does also hit to those who does drop because of match ups and not suitable teams.
    Unfortunately dropers forced devs to do this so now on, if you lose too much infamy, you will lose your rewards. Though that does adapt to that situation so eventually you will get your rewards back even though you won't get back up.

7. r4z

r4z Member

Had a good streak of wins when speeders were still viable, with the nefs I had to test new strategies today. Infamy went down. Found what I was looking for, tried to climb back - no luck, too many bad teams, went even lower, been playing for 3-4h now.I'll keep trying over the weekend but if I'm still crippled by this new thing I'll just remove the game and get a refund from the play store, the game is not worth the pain.

Bomby McBombface likes this.
  8. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

You got caught tanking infamy haha

9. 3ARSA aka FIXER FTW

3ARSA aka FIXER FTW New Member

RIP my little mk4 fixer :(:mad: hate that i will be forced to start using duct tape :confused:

10. PILIPINO AKO!

PILIPINO AKO! Member

I HATE MK7 SHIPS! WHY DOES ALSO OVERBOOST'S DURATION WILL BE MORE SHORT?!

11. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

I have to agree.......enjoyment of the game has shifted to frustration. This was an absolute terrible update. My infamy alone is falling fast because I used snipers. So I am now being penalized with this update. If the game was unbalanced with snipers then they should have been tweaked slowly, to give players a chance to upgrade and shift to other weapons. With a drastic change such as this, players should be compensated.

Bomby McBombface, SiRHoT, r4z and 2 others like this.
  12. Zippyduda

Zippyduda New Member

Nice to see a update but my game is shut down until it is out! I log in and it says newer version available then kicks me to the App Store any help would be great

13. AndyAshton

AndyAshton Member

Before the update, we can find out if a player has been inactive for a period of time by looking at the percentage of win ratio. ( 0% means inactive for more than 30days)

How do we find out now, after the update?

TheRedSpeeder and AoiTenshi like this.
  14. 3ARSA aka FIXER FTW

3ARSA aka FIXER FTW New Member

Well done rovio on ruining a great game. I have fixer mk4, i just played more than 20 games and lost more than half of them :( usually it was the other way around, and most of these losses were very very close games.. Even with running duct tape instead of box launcher its still not working. Ofc mk5 fixers can run both of them along with the pulse, but for lower mk fixers its a nightmare, i cant imagine what mk1 and 2 are going through!!!
    A 25% nerf to the pulse would've been perfectly fine, but no they had to fkn nerf it to 50% and kill the fun out of the game. Fixers were supposed to fix ofc, and distract the others by taking dmg instead of the high dmg dealers in the team so that those can focus on shooting more. Now cant do these two roles anymore bcoz we cant even properly heal ourselves in the first place (and as fast as b4).
    I for one am done with this game sadly, unless they decide to fix this mistake later!! And im sure many others have quit too or gonna quit very soon :mad: very frustrated and sad :(

[/QUOTE]
    Hey
    For the box opening thing, u dont need to tap on every item individually to open them... Just click in the middle of them once and they will all open ;) or anywhere empty on the animation screen. GL

Last edited by a moderator: 30 Jun 2017
    ranggawiratno and SCOOTY PUFF Jr like this.
  15. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

nohow. it means the guilds have become even more useless now. no point staying in one either.

after playing with the nerfed overboost, i found myself playing more conservatively, camping in the back with the rest of the squad. might as well equip mortars and frost launchers on my speeder, or switch to shooter completely... going out there into the heat of battle is now suicide as i can no longer effectively dodge, nor run away.

the speeder has lost its aggressiveness together with its appeal.

Last edited by a moderator: 30 Jun 2017
    TheRedSpeeder and KypBA like this.
  16. stlrunner

stlrunner New Member

The UI changes...Good
    Fixer changes.....Bad, unless you are a double pulse mk5. The nerf was aimed at these OPs who poured their energy and cash in some cases into their fixers. And the DEVs just gave them the finger. The lower level fixers? Yeah they got the boot up their tailpipes because they are now impudent fatties with one gun. My lady likes to drive her fixer and chase my shooter now she'll probably go back to spending her cash on makeup and hair products instead of upgrading her boat. Thanks Again DEVs.

17. ranggawiratno

ranggawiratno Member

Are you guys planning on a new update to the Android version?? Cuz seriously, control is horrendous now, I don't know if it's my phone or the game but I'm not changing any settings on my phone as the previous version works well so it's definitely the game.

18. oDDD

oDDD Member

There is a slew of problems with touch sensitivity and the like since update for different phones apparently. Best thing todo is make a post in bug section. Describe the problem. The type of device you use. And version of Android.

19. ranggawiratno

ranggawiratno Member

I did posted in bug section but Zeus said to disable gametools or other stuff running in the background. I run on stock Android so I had none of this stuff and it sounds like a temporary fix for a major bug. I hope you guys are fixing it soon as Season End is in a few more days. I keep losing due to the wonky controls and I probably won't play again until it's fixed. Good luck Devs.

20. stlrunner

stlrunner New Member

Go to the App Store and tap the updates tab. You can then manually request the update. My iPad never automatically updates this particular app even though it is set to do that.