1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

what happened to my rewards

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Radar O Reilly, 30 Jun 2017.

1. Radar O Reilly

Radar O Reilly Active Member

Im showing up at the bottom of the list and getting zero stars and I'm doing the most or high amounts of damage

2. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

Infamy tanking no longer work.

Miathan likes this.
  3. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    Maybe with the new update the system has recognized you as a seal clubber. Do you have the screenshot?

4. DarkOwl360

DarkOwl360 New Member

Same thing happening to me...if I have done something wrong, wouldn't it make sense for the developers to explain what is going on? If I've done something wrong, it has been unintentional...but how can one know they HAVE done something wrong without someone/something explaining it to them.

5. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Anyone who has intentionally lost significant amounts of infamy will not receive battle rewards until they climb back to close to their max infamy they've reached.

Miathan likes this.
  6. Radar O Reilly

I do. It is in notepad and I wasn't able to attach to the post. I will have to convert it to a picture and up load it later. I will do than when i get off this plane and get back home.

7. Radar O Reilly

I lost my infamy working on quests, checking out new and much less upgraded weapons, practicing aiming. I didn't drop my infamy on purpose. I was experimenting and playing around with the game. This really sucks because I'm not going to experiment as much or try things for a while if I am going to be penalized like this. Frankly I upset about this and thinking about canceling my VIP subscription too if this stays like this. This is not a good idea. I am not sure I want to switch boats now because my infamy will plummet and I get punished for doing so.

I think this can work against players too. I get on a hot streak once in a while and my infamy seems to levitate and then I crash back down. If I have to game this system I'm going to try to avoid those epic runs of good luck if i am only going to get slammed when I drop back down. Those terrific runs of good luck are a curse.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Last edited: 30 Jun 2017
    sp1234 likes this.
  8. Radar O Reilly

I like seals. I would never club one. lol
    I assume a seal clubber is someone that intentionally drops infamy. Ya?

9. Radar O Reilly

got the the battle results off my notepad

Attached Files:

10. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

This is effecting me and i'm at personal best at 2k infamy :(

11. BrandonS

BrandonS New Member

Yes this sucks could be a cap on your infamy ive had a bad run and doing quests.

12. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    Yes, for the new update it would be odd to be and MK4 at 659 infamy, the tanking strategy was addressed and now it do not give rewards if it detects you are not in the infamy range you should be.
    So, just keep battling and gaining infamy, until you get back to your highest one.
    Cheers!

Miathan likes this.
  13. Radar O Reilly

Play Battle Bay.jpeg Looks like i climbed out of the "seal clubber" hole.

Helius Maximus likes this.
  14. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Wtf... when I was at 700 infamy I was mk 2, and so was everyone around me... the occasionaly mk3.

Shows how bad this clubbing situation has got... I'm now often the only Mk3 up against mk4s in 1200 infamy level.

oDDD likes this.
  15. oDDD

oDDD Member

Mk4 and 650 infamy. Im mk4 and 2200 infamy. Hello there seal clubber.

16. oDDD

oDDD Member

I absolutely love this no rewards for seal clubbers. Bans and no progress. What you all deserve.

wtfack and retryW like this.
  17. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Amen brother!

18. Radar O Reilly

That is what happened to me and ran down my infamy and then I kept losing for a while and was really down. Not intentionally (wasn't trying to be a seal-clubber) but was really low. I'm finally turned it around and working my way back up but with four other mates you have little control and its a slow fight back up, three steps forward, two steps back.

19. Radar O Reilly

So. After stewing and thinking about this I see the value in the anti seal-clubbing. I know i was a victim of it too. I would get into a battle and would take several hits and would be dead really really quickly. I was annoyed but I love how this game lets me jump right back into another fight and I was just ignoring those ugly battles and considered it part of the game.

I had never considered dropping infamy to improve my rewards. No matter the battle, I have four other mates depending on me to do my best and I play the game like that.

20. SirCornedBeef

SirCornedBeef Developer

Hi Radar, we have this new system in place for the reasons stated above, it is unfortunate you got affected and we are still optimising this. We only now had a day of data to see how it affects players.

Improvements are constantly made to ensure that players who experiment or have a bad streak don't get affected. It is not a perfect system unfortunately and never will be, but we try to get as close to it as possible.

We never want to hurt our player who play fair a square. It is a hard line to walk and we are glad if you understand and are patient with us to make sure we can give you the best experience.