1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Overboost VS Nitro w/ Update maybe

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Ian, 29 Jun 2017.

?

In a situation where you have one or the other, Nitro or Overboost?

Poll closed 6 Jul 2017.
  1. Nitro

27.3%
  2. Overboost

72.7%
  1. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    After the update, OB cooldown was increased 2 seconds and active time was decreased 2 seconds. This doesn't make the item bad, however I feel that it is more on par with nitro. I'm wondering what you guys all think, which would you prefer to use now, when you cannot afford to use both? Perhaps one goes with speeder, the other with enforcer?

I've been trying out nitro for first time and I believe that it fits my playstyle more than overboost, but still uncertain which is more effective...

2. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    or perhaps you ditch both and use bolts freezes and other?

3. oDDD

oDDD Member

They are still both useful. And for different reasons. Merely askong which one is better overall is futile.

4. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    I agree, the poll is quite useless but I'd like to know which one people prefer on specific setups.
    With the poll I was curious to see how much the patch changed, as before 80% of everyone preferred OB

5. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

If I get lucky with crate opening, I plan to switch yellow item entirely

6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Overboost is still reliable. You just have to be more strategic with it instead of spamming it to have it active the whole game.