1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.4 "We're gonna need a bigger boat"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Jun 2017.

1. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    It would be better to fix matchmaking to fix that issue.

I think it is a counter to the new item, ranged heal. We will see...

2. oDDD

oDDD Member

Releasing this update info so early was a disaster for Rovio. Should of just shown patch notes when it went live. So people could actually play the new meta rather than say the sky is falling. Seriously, the meta os changing, nothing has become completely useless. Wait til you can play this change before damning rovio to hell.

Ps im an enforcer player who uses overboost and shield. And plan on continuing to use those 2 items when update goes live. My playstle wont change much. Shield will be survival item from now on. To retreat when needed out in open or from a rush. 4 second stun shouldnt happen at a crucial moment. When retreating to reset your position. You probably wont be firing for 4 seconds anyway. If the shield even gets broken. Play more strategically and these changes wont effect much.

Shield stopping a direct berta shot or a sniper crit is worth a small stun.

3. fmb59505

fmb59505 New Member

Nice strategy: players Invested real money in some items and greedy developers will nerf this items! So do you give more money to bastards? NO!

4. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Metas change, welcome to online competitive games. We will see how it goes. Play styles will need to alter. No greed, just needed balances to maximize the fun for everybody. IMO more aggressive nerfs were needed for Speeders... specifically in the HP department. But time will tell.

Now if only the update would drop so we could dig into it...

Last edited: 28 Jun 2017
    Ultrah and The Otherguy like this.
  5. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Hopefully today is the last day we have to wait, I want to try out that new Healing Bolt so badly... IMG_3673.JPG

6. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

Rumors says they are hold back by apple security chech out. Other rumor is that they are holding the update until next season starts but these are only rumors.
    I personally hope the next update comes after season ending so no one needs to start new strategy in the end of the season and that way ruining their infamy push for higher prizes.

Cheers :cool:

7. r4z

r4z Member

I see myself changing from a speeder to a defender (enforcer crippled, shooter nerfed to become slow recently), if I can't get any close fights because my speeder's kit was nerfed to shit.
    I'll turn into a slow moving punchbag (defender) to get close fights.
    Swapping mortar shots at a distance is just G^Y
    The frustration comes from nerfing heavily 3 classes in one go by nerfing their kit (worst affected are the enforcers probably)
    The game is already lacking choices : the kit is hard to come by and lvl-up - and you only have 5 classes to choose from. Add aggressive nerfing kit to the mix and you get a booring shitty game where you need to sell your house if you want kit.

8. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

I'm freaking out right now! The update is up! It is the end!

9. DaveRay35

DaveRay35 Active Member

Loving the 'next' and 'previous' buttons on the target lock!

10. Gunne_r

Gunne_r New Member

Good these healers are so overpowered in lower leagues ... They can change the outcome of every game ..good work ... Fixers crying I'm loving it:D:D

11. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Oh yeah. Here we Go! Downloading now.

12. AcapulcoGold

AcapulcoGold New Member

ADMINS PLEASE READ THIS!!
    Since this update, i can't play to the game anymore!
    I'm playing on a Galaxy s7, the game is stuck to the welcome screen, i can't interract ANYWHERE on the scree, nothing happens but the boats and water on the welcome screen are still animated so the game is not freezing.... Only the touch on screen doesn't work anymore... i'm not the only one having this issue (please check bugs forum.)

I tried restarting the phone ==> didn't help
    I deleted the game and reinstalled it ==> didn't fix anything
    So as of now, i can't play anymore to the game since it won't respond to the touch screen.
    i'm a VIP user and because of that i'll be wasting my VIP days for NOTHING
    Please do something to help us and fix this issue.

13. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    Mamamyers likes this.
  14. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support

15. ranggawiratno

ranggawiratno Member

I also am experiencing a major bug. After I lock into Unfriends, the control went nuts. The left joystick hot stuck, I can't change weapons, I can't shoot, I can't aim, I can't even press next after the battle ends. It seems like the entire right area becomes completely unresponsive. I'm running this on my Motorola Z Play on Nougat 7.0. I hope the devs will look into this. Thanks.

16. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Would you be so kind to post some of the reasoning that went into the item changes? Would love to better understand some of the changes better

17. r4z

r4z Member

I believe your phones have been nerfed

Gunne_r likes this.
  18. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    Sure thing!

• Sniper Cannon: -7.5% damage - Sniper Cannon was by far the most used item across the board, especially at higher ranks and the damage output and ease of use had little to no competition. Personally, i feel like sniper should really never do consistently more damage than a blast cannon, as it's easier to hit and as much longer range.
    • Ballpark Mortar: +14% damage - BPM was simply underpowered from a numbers perspective, so we gave it a slight tuning.
    • Overboost: -2 second duration, +2 second cooldown - So this one is trickier, but the fundamental idea is that if you have an item that you will enable whenever possible, and the buff lasts for as long as the cooldown, there is really no downside and it's not fun to use either. Now you have to make a conscious choice of when you want that extra burst of speed and not zip around the map constantly.
    • Repair Pulse: Repairs own ship for 50% less than teammates ships - So this is perhaps one of the more controversial changes, but we feel like the pulse was another no brainer when it came to fixers. Not only does it basically make duct tape very underwhelming, but it's also close to mandatory and provides no downside when you are clumped up with your teammates. We felt this was a good time to tune it as we're introducing a new healing item, so there are more playstyles to explore for fixers than "i will spam my 2 aoe items and keep everyone including myself alive".
    • Repair Box Launcher: Boxes now expire after 60 seconds in the water - Keeping on throwing random boxes was never an intention, as before you'd want to use box launcher basically on cooldown, and if all of your teammates were healthy you'd just throw one somewhere to pick up later, it didn't really require much thought. You can still stack up a few of them as we do realize it's a good way to heal when you are eg. retreating and we want to keep that.
    • Tesla Shield: Player is stunned for 4 seconds if shield is broken by damage - Tesla shield was really annoying to play against and a bit too strong overall. Not only that, but most of the time the ideal play would be to wait it out instead of trying to destroy it (unless you sport a RG), and i think the opposite should be encouraged. You are now rewarded for destroying an opponents tesla shield and you can then choose to get a "free" shot off, or leave them to be stunned for a little bit to reduce their threat.

SCOOTY PUFF Jr and lolawola like this.
  19. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

What about the changes made to address infamy dropping? What were those changes?

20. SiRHoT

SiRHoT New Member

@Zeus
    This update is completely bullshit! Sorry for bad language but it is!

Playing and surviving with speeder at low levels (I mean except MK6 or newly MK7) is now impossible because below reasons: (our comments on new update is stated as below)

*** Sniper Cannon: -7.5% damage ==> ok it is not directly related with speeder but sniper already has not so big damage power since it can hit the target far away. So now it is useless.

*** Ballpark Mortar: +14% damage ==> No comment, since I am playing with queen of the bay "speeder" and this kind of players almost dislike mortars and do not use it.

*** Overboost: -2 second duration, +2 second cooldown ==> hit the high spots !! sorry but WTF!!! I am at level 25 with MK 4 speeder and have 1 tier1 epic overboost with uncommon time perks, totally it stays 8,5 seconds. ooppss sorry it was! now it stays only 6,5 seconds and i must wait for refill completely 12 seconds! Do you think that this update is fair for low level players?

*** Tesla Shield: Player is stunned for 4 seconds if shield is broken by damage ==> Here it is another newly idiot update! Let me show you to look deeply this item. If you are a player using lower level than MK 6 speeder like me, and if you have rare tesla shield tier1 (because to evolve it you must reach min 26 level, at this level you are able to past Dr. Buzzkill to tier2 level and you can evolve your tesla shield to tier2) otherwise, you will stuck in tesla shield tier1 even if you have it epic version, no way you will stunned by your opponents, because your shield won't last so long. Even if it lasts, it already protects you from damage only 5-6 seconds, like a joke and than you will be stunned for 4 seconds :) Everyone can shoot you, it is the main point!!

As a conclusion, as a player with MK4 speeder at level 25, using sniper, overboost and also tesla shield is very very useless anymore.

So, I would like to kindly ask admins, what is left we have? As far as I understand, you have done this update only considering the high level users of speeder (MK6 and MK7)

Last edited: 29 Jun 2017