1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your most common reason for losing?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kalbs, 28 Jun 2017.

?

What is the the most common reason for losing?

1. Obviously Rovio wants me to buy more pearls!

7.8%
  2. My teammates are dumb as a rock

25.0%
  3. Nobody understands "Together"

15.6%
  4. Somebody decides that they are better off alone

18.8%
  5. F*cking floaters!

1.6%
  6. Matchmaking algorithm

12.5%
  7. Because I suck

18.8%
  1. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

2. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

A little bit of all of these, but if I had to choose one, it would be a tie between "My teammates are dumb as a rock" and "Because I suck".

I lose a lot because of the obligatory suicider that shows up every game, the guy who disconnects, the guy who thinks 4 mortars is a good idea, the guy who thinks he's a Defender but doesn't actually want to play that class, the Defender that either rushes too hard, or doesn't rush at all, the Fixer that doesn't heal, the Speeder that's too afraid to get close even though he's using two short-range weapons, the Enforcer who thinks he's a Speeder, or the Shooter that sits behind a rock and misses every single shot.

Other games, I am that Enforcer who thinks he's a Speeder. I go out there thinking I'm going to dodge something and get two-shot by guys using Legendary/T3-Epic Snipers. Today, I put up a Tesla Shield, it got immediately sniped out by an enemy Speeder's Tesla Bolt, and I took two direct-hit mortars, one of which was a Berta, to the face. Even though history shows that I win more if I just stick to the middle of the team, let someone else tank, and devote my time to taking out flankers, I still want to go out front. Sometimes it works out and I feel like a hero, other times I get insta'd and I look like a total ass.

Then add on to that those times when I play literally any class that isn't Enforcer. I don't have any non-Enforcer gear leveled. Even if I go Fixer, people might wonder why I'm healing them for so little. A couple of days ago, I switched a Mine-damage quest and it turned into a Shooter-win quest. So I amble out in rank-1900 games with a Mk 3 Shooter without any long-range weapons sans a Standard Mortar, and try to do my best. Got lucky and won 3 out of 6, spending most of my time sitting in the back attracting flankers for my team to get easy kills on, but otherwise splashing happily in the pool while my team did all the work.

Nikkie!, canaglia777 and Cool Penguin like this.
  3. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

Most commonly:

My team comes out worse in weapon comparisons - they get annihilated because they stand together in mortars, only have short weapons/miss against sniper/mortar/torpedo teams

My team turns and chases a single god da*n speeder and can't hit him to save their lives.

My team focuses on the defender, ignoring the shooters right next to them.

They get scared and won't come out to fight. We lost when someone tries to contest the capture point.

My team doesn't know how to count, and thinks that running into opponents 1v2 or 1v5 is a good idea. Repeatedly.

I sometimes end up in a 1v2 or a 2v3, and my allies who have a huge advantage over the opponents, LOSE. Yeah. You don't come back from those ones.

Sometimes, I really just suck, either skillwise, or my weapon loadout. Usually I am fully capable of putting out above-average damage, without cowering behind a distant rock and hoping that long range weapons kill close combatants. -_-

Shooter@Bay likes this.
  4. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    All the above.

Joey who likes this.
  5. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

My main reason is getting teammates that don't go well with my strategy or contribute enough. Or when I don't contribute enough for my team.

Also the case. Haha

Nikkie! and Mamamyers like this.
  6. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

honestly, as a fixer, i dont do much damage and it sucks in clutch situations. That is why i try not to be the last one alive, and usually will sacrifice a box i need to stay alive to a shooter with more of a hope of dealing some damage. Also, the higher up i get, often times torps just completely obliterate "together" as they deal 600-900 dmg to everyone around the player it hits. Sigh. Also, i have stopped trying to save players who rush, and let me tell you. It doesnt go well if you rush in the beginning. it just doesnt for anyone. please dont.
    that being said, if i were to admit my faults as a fixer as well, it would be being completely lost when someone sends a "help" that isnt in my camera view range. Also, taking too many torps hits. idk if yall know but fixers are big and can be slower than defender without turbo or overboost (which is getting nerfed anyways T-T) Most notably, i am guilty of trying to finish of a player, even if that means leaving my shooters. Sorry, its just so tempting. I will learn im sure haha

Nikkie! likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

It wouldn't be wrong to say that I'm stupid at following orders. But I am probably one of the most coolheaded commanders out there on the bay. Plus, I can shoot. So it is, most of the time(like 95%) , my teammates, who dont understand that together is not a codeword for scatter, who let me down. The other 5% goes into the "I tried my best and the enemy team was just better" category. I dont suck, and almost never put a foot wrong when Im in command

Nikkie! likes this.
  8. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

IMG_3403.JPG
    I suck?
    For some weird reason I can only use one weapon for my Fixer and the green boxes don't really do anything when I shoot them at the enemy?
    Idk why Rovio made these weapons. There's one that pulses, so I have to get really close to the unfriend's fleet to activate it. So far, I haven't been able to do that since everyone keeps shooting at me, so I blow up.
    :/

Nikkie!, Kalbs, Netsa and 1 other person like this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

What infamy are you at?

Ultrah likes this.
  10. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

He is trolling.

Nikkie! likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

Lol ya. I know

Nikkie! likes this.
  12. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

I suck, we all suck. How can you not suck without a communication system? And without knowing at all who you are playing with/against?

Ultrah likes this.
  13. dead_insect

dead_insect New Member

Players that stay still or move on a linear and steady pace has cause my team to lose multiple times. Don't sit and learn to move erratically to avoid hits!

14. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

IMG_1104.PNG My main problem is my low health, I am only lv 25 so I am still stuck at mk4 ships while i have to fight all those guys with mk5+6 ships. So my lil speeder only has 1700 hp with an epic t3 bandage, but still players at around 3k infamy got weapons that hit around 1k damage, which basically means i am dead in 2 hits. All the shooters float around with 5-6k hp and also other speeders have like 5k hp (see pic)

Last edited: 28 Jun 2017
  15. dead_insect

dead_insect New Member

Dude you need a rare / epic big shield and train the blocker crew guy!

16. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

You have a mk4 shooter at 3k infamy!?

Pics of ship and weapons pls!
    Thanks

17. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Very low teammate damage. I mostly play a defender with cannon / sniper cannon, so no area damage. When I fight for a bit, maybe kill one enemy, then get focused and die, and then see at the results screen that I was top damage by far, I wonder what on earth my teammates were doing.

Kalbs likes this.
  18. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

I'm a fixer and I'm a torpedo magnet. It's sometimes because of the "together" issue and sometimes it's all of the above.

19. mammoth1946

mammoth1946 Active Member

Sometimes its luck, i lose many time 10 times in a row, cause its luck. lucky for them they have legendary items. lol.

20. mammoth1946

mammoth1946 Active Member

Mostly they hiding. until your destroyed.