1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Perk drop chanche!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Pentecost, 20 Apr 2019.

1. Pentecost

Pentecost New Member

I am angry as f..., i' ve just opened 21 boxes and got from them 20 TWENTYY fucking uncommon perks, is this normal?!?!? Is this fucking dumb shit normal?
    And in another past event 25 uncommon on 27 perks...
    Total 45 uncommon perk on 48, drop down this fucking chanche of uncommon perk or fix something, your fucking algorithm is broken!!!!!!!
    Or is my account bugged wtf?!
    I can t believe that i got 20 uncommon perk in a row!!!!

Last edited: 20 Apr 2019
    Hinata likes this.
  2. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

Well, even players got some chances to get rare or epic perks, we still have a chance to get 100 uncommon on 100 perk.
    If you want to prove that the system is broken, you need to open more boxes. (like...at least 10000 boxes maybe...)

Ultrah and Nikkie! like this.
  3. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Lol opening 10000 boxes to provide evidence that perk drop rate is dodgy as hell, isn’t a reasonable thing to ask!
    I’d un install the game before reaching 200 green wastes of time

Nikkie! likes this.
  4. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

(Just saying that it's hard to tell the system is broken or not. Total 45 uncommon on 48 isn't enough to prove it.)
    (Also, a player said that he just got 4 rare perks in a row today...:confused:)

Nikkie! likes this.
  5. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Broken in a way that leads to you being better off is still broken lol no ones gonna complain about it tho I guess
    But yeah I think some times it’s just Lady Luck who’s broken and must call in sick some days

6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

As mentioned already, the unfortunate reality is that 50 isn't a big enough sample size to say the algorithm is bad. Once I got a 10% drop rate on a 20% advertised drop over 168 consecutive draws, but the algorithm was still confirmed to be good... so what does one do?

The best way to compensate players hitting a bad RNG streak is to have pity boxes... for example if you don't hit an epic perk in 10 chances, you get one guaranteed. This thing is used extensively in other games, and was used in Battle Bay Event boxes for a time, but was removed. That is the best solution, and should be reinstated.

Nikkie!, benguin8 and NathanaelK like this.
  7. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    @Pentecost
    Sorry, but I think this is just you. I've gotten multiple Epics and a couple Rares the past few weeks, and that's without playing the events that much.

8. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

% are not favorable, but I get why they are what they are. A pity box is a fine solution and shows that persistence will pay off. Another option is to just slide the % by a few % with each consecutive opening. So first draw is 72% uncommon, 20% rare, 8% epic. Turn 2 would be 70, 21, 9. Turn 3 would be 68, 22, 10... etc. When you hit a rare or epic it should reset.

9. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Trouble is every "pull" has exactly the same probability.
    Regardless of what you pulled on the last box, you have the same odds on the next box.

So if you have 80% chance of an uncommon, and pull 20 uncommons in a row, the next box is still highly likely going to be an uncommon.

Nikkie! and benguin8 like this.
  10. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think the main problem with event rewards is that they are the same for all players, regardless of level. A brand new player, in Challenger League, can earn tokens just as fast as a Nightmare player (if not faster). They both pay exactly the same for a perk box, with the same drop rate, that takes about the same amount of time to grind.

This is fine for new players, as they may actually use an Uncommon perk. I’m absolutely in favour of supporting new players. For veterans, however, Uncommon and Rare perks are just scrap. So you’re putting in a lot of work, but you’re not making any real progress.

Making rewards better would fix this problem for higher ranked players, but that would then break the game for new players. There has already been a tremendous amount of power creep in the early game.

The only solution, in my opinion, is to have tiered rewards that get better as the player gets better. We all know that crates are a lucky bag, and I think ‘most’ players are able to accept a bit of “bad luck: you got scrap this time”. But when you’re grinding for hours, just for one roll of the dice, and you get scrap 20 times in a row, then I sympathise completely with the OP... that is not fun; it’s just cruel. :(