1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the speed of mortars? Big Bertha.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by med-sestra, 18 Apr 2019.

1. med-sestra

med-sestra New Member

What is the speed of mortars? Big Bertha slower than others?
    It seems to me that the big berth is slower than the standard or balpark mortar, but none of them has a speed bonus other than long mortar.
    [​IMG]

2. med-sestra

med-sestra New Member

a little about the speed of mortars. I didn’t believe that the berth is slower than the others because the rest, like the berth, do not have +% speed, except long. but why is Berta slower ...
    the time of the fall of the projectile on the ship - the time of showing damage
    long 1,333-1.465
    bert 2.6-2.767
    Пbalpark 1.967-2.133
    Standard 1.867-2.036
    ⚽.fomb 2.335-3.5

Nikkie! and Su-57 like this.
  3. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    long ramge mortar is faster , and best in my opinion . i use it and its mostly hit before unfriendly can move . and if lead it well it can even hit speeders . sometimes when i see they are about to use nitro i lead more farther and it hit them . its very difficult on big bertha .

envylife and HAPPY SITHSHA like this.
  4. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    nice info

5. Anonim23

Anonim23 Member

I have a question for the Big Bertha users. How do you use this weapon? For me it seems impossible to deal decent damage with it because of it's VERY SLOW projectile speed. Even when I lead my shots the enemies still have plenty of time to evade the shot. Even a guardian or defender can get almost completly out of the radius. The only 2 ways that I can think of geting decent damage is if you are a mortar spammer and you fire it after another mortar shot or if you use freeze. Fire bomb is slower but at least it has a huge radius to compensate and even if you are away from the center you still get around 10 seconds of burn. Is Big Bertha wort it if I'm not a mortar spammer and if I don't have yellow items?

6. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

The best way I found it to be reliable, was to scrap it and feed its parts to my other weapons
    Bertha is a great source of parts

7. Anonim23

Anonim23 Member

My thoughts exactly.

8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Big Berta is good only for ships sitting still. Fire Bomb is not far off from Big Berta's issues, but being slightly faster (still slow) and slightly bigger radius, at least one can usually hit a ship with the edge of the FB for a few seconds of fire damage.

Nikkie! likes this.
  9. Anonim23

Anonim23 Member

As I said in my earlier post it can also do quite some damage if you are a mortar spammer. A few days ago I battled against a team with a shooter with 4 Big Bertas. We got crushed and he was the top damage dealer of his team. Besides freeze and mortar spamming it's a VERY situational weapon which just isn't worth it because it costs 2 slots and has a very high cooldown.