1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Incentive to spend money?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Morag12313, 15 Apr 2019.

1. Morag12313

Morag12313 New Member

There seems to be a real lack of incentive to spend any money on this game from my perspective. Maybe I’m not the target demographic but I’m disappointed with what I’ve gotten with what I’ve spent. This newest event seemed good because I could choose which weapon I wanted to buy perks for. I bought 160 tokens for about 15 cad and I received 3 of the exact same uncommon perk.

I guess I’m just venting my frustration but this event basically assures that I’m not going to spend any more money on this game because there was no satisfaction in my purchase, just disappointment.

2. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

This game is definitely not for light spenders. Spending few hundreds dollars will get you very little progress. These devs are still holding on to hopes that there will be more of the AM, Bunta, and Banderas showing up again. If you don’t know how much they spent, ask people around here.

3. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

^ Pretty much the best answer to your question.

I’m no penny pusher, but I have never seen another game where you’ve had to spend so much money on so little. $50 for a duplicate weapon? I know this game is pushing for e-sports (I don’t know. I think they are?) but I doubt that this is the correct way to get there or anywhere.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  4. Morag12313

Morag12313 New Member

Aha I see now, it’s the whales they are trying to target. It’s unfortunate that smaller spending is not encouraged as I’m sure that market exists.

Nikkie!, Sidd gamer and envylife like this.
  5. Greatgambler440

Greatgambler440 Active Member

Developers really need to quench up their thirst for money. They are only concerned about money and not about players!!!!

Day by day perks are increasing so instead of increasing the chances they replaced one perks slot from the raffle board with parts..... Money!!

Also they changed the rivalry system to be based on activity making it more tougher to get raffle and perks... So that they can get money.

Now upgrading ships is also expensive as it was earlier. ...Money!!!

Training crews is also cost more time and sugar.....so that they can get more money!!!

I guess training time is also increased by earlier times to get more money.

Calendar rewards earlier used to provide 1 epic piece every week and rare item sometimes..... But now they only give rare piece with no epic piece... 1 rare powercell, 5 parts all lame rewards... Money!!!

Not to forget the perk salwage cost of leg perks is 100 pearls.... They tweaked the event system forcing players to spend money.

Not to forget the bad matchmaking rovio has.... Money!!!!!

Earlier daily battle rewards gave 40,50 epic parts but now it never provide such only 20 rare or epic parts.... Money!!

Day by day more items are getting added but probability to get desired item is decreasing.... Forcing to spent money.

Also I got perks easily earlier but now they never provide perk I want... Money!!

Not to forget the hardcore teamdeathmatch will replace ranked forcing us to make money..

So now this game is no more fun game money waste. Thats the reason why so many player quitting day by day and scraping.

Nikkie! and Sidd gamer like this.
  6. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Battle bay is a fantastic game. I agree that it changed a lot since global launch, but it still amazing. It’s not perfect, but they worked hard and try to improve in each update... I also understand that they had a hard work to make this game the way it is, they deserve all the money. Put urself under their skin... it’s not easy to create all this. Plus, this game is runned by Rovio, a private company that seeks profit, so no big deal in complain about it. BUT, only thing that I do agree is that buying stuff is really expensive.. pearls go out easily. Rovio could Lower the price a bit, that would be nice.

7. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    You’re back from retirement? :)

8. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

There are some positive changes.
    - Battle Rewards are increased.
    - Training Trees are now independent with each weapon. Therefore no conflict between weapons. Previously we had to retrain clues to switch weapons which were really annoying.
    - We can buy parts with sugar. I was always with full sugar, now not.
    - We get an epic item after completing weekly quests.
    - League rewards are increased.

Well, I admit the training and ship upgrades are overwhelming... It would be nice if they are reduced to half.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  9. Greatgambler440

Greatgambler440 Active Member

These all are temporary changes... They will widraw them soon

10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

He actually said he was retiring? XD I didn't know that! He does go off for a few months though.

Nikkie! and Sidd gamer like this.
  11. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    68273956-6FB7-430F-B0A4-1E2E81582139.jpeg
    Uuh, well, see for yourself ;) :p

Altough with this you can think somethig else: A379E16D-FE01-4546-B5BA-15C21F3D0F9D.jpeg

Also:
    What is soon? :p

@Morag12313 sorry for going offtopic!

Last edited: 16 Apr 2019
    Nicolas and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  12. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I have stop spending mainly for 2 reason:
    1. Absolutely Random
    You need to spend big to get what u want if and only if you are very luck to get what u want
    2. Inventory Slot
    You need to buy a lot of slot for inventory just to make sure all your items purchase is available for you to use. Else you will end up scrapping most of your purchased items.

Screenshot_20190416-235950_Purchased Apps.jpg Screenshot_20190417-000007_Purchased Apps.jpg

My 1st and possibly last purchased.

I support BB but if it doesn't give any satisfaction then why should i spend again.

13. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

It pains me to think or say this, but I fear BattleBay is reaching the end of it's lifecycle. It's such a fantastic game, yet so poorly run.

Here basically summarizes the last 6 months:
    1. Release updates that nobody is really thrilled about and not fixing any of the problems in their monetization model of catering to whales.
    2. The general player base reduces spending on the game
    3. They cut development staff to basically skeleton crew.
    4. Without staff to create new content and improve the game, it basically reduces spending by the players even further. There are hundreds of suggestions made in the Discord server, many of which Zeus agreed need to be implemented, yet virtually none of them have been.

For me personally I will likely not spend another dollar unless these things get improved. I am happily playing F2P now.
    1. Improvement of inventory slot costs (once you hit 3500+ pearls for 5 slots that is a buzz kill for spending money on items you can even fit in inventory).
    2. Make epic powercells slightly more accessible. (why buy crates or anything if you can't even level up the items you get)
    3. Show some effort or attempt to bring new players into the game.

Nikkie!, Ultrah and Sewah like this.
  14. Leuco

Leuco Active Member

Where did you hear this?

Sidd gamer likes this.
  15. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It's been discussed fairly heavily on Discord if not here.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  16. Leuco

Leuco Active Member

I only see TheWarNet mention it once. BB's staff count was never big, so has there been anything official about staff cuts or is it just random speculation?

Sidd gamer likes this.
  17. Killerduck

Killerduck Member

The only time I’ve spent money was when they were selling an epic cannon and I only needed one other then that I never will

18. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I don’t think there has been anything official, but I wouldn’t call it just ‘random speculation’ either.

The credits page was overhauled recently, and the team appeared to have shrunk significantly, then it was quickly changed, again, to include people that we know have left the team. Most of the devs that used to chat to us on here, and on Discord, have moved on, and there is no indication that they are being replaced.

So perhaps it would be more accurate to call it ‘educated speculation based on evidence’. :p

Nicolas and Nikkie! like this.