1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Glitch removes friends from friendlist

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by NathanaelK, 9 Apr 2019.

1. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    I got this glitch today…

Here's a basic summary:
    • Glitch removes friends (but not guildmates) from friendlist
    • Impossible to friend people
    • Can still Fleet, but only if Fleet was made before glitch
    • Cannot chat, break old Fleets, or make new Fleets
    • Restarting sometimes works
    • Sometimes glitch goes away on its own
    • During glitch, friends see that you are offline

Or the full version:
    I was playing battles when after one I noticed my friendlist was gone. I could see all my guildmates, but none of my friends-who-are-not-guildmates. The "add friend"/"remove friend" button that you get when you see a player's profile was also missing.
    I restarted the app. Still broken.
    Then I restarted my device. This fixed it. The issue seemed to have gone away.
    At some point I began Fleeting with someone, and after a battle or two the glitch came up again. The game registered that I was Fleeting, and knew who I was Fleeting with, but since he wasn't a guildmate I could not see him in my list. This meant I couldn't chat with him or break the fleet.
    It said he was waiting for me, so I joined the battle, and it played like normal.
    After this one my friendlist came up again. I told my friend what had happened, and we played another battle.
    My friendlist was still working, but it said my friend was offline. Then, the game told me he was waiting for me in a battle. I joined, and it behaved as if nothing was wrong. We got matched into a battle, and nothing went wrong during it.
    Afterwards, my friend's online indicator was back to green. My friend said he had gotten the same glitch. We continued, and later the glitch happened again for me. I ignored it, but eventually I had to leave, and I couldn't break the fleet. I restarted my device, but when I turned it back on the glitch was still there.

I checked five minutes ago and the glitch is fixed again. Has this happened to anyone else?
    @TheAntiSnipe @Nikkie!

All of my friends are missing.
    IMG_7380.jpg

I cannot friend request this person,
    IMG_7381.jpg

My Fleetmate is offline, but according to this he is also waiting to be matched into a battle.
    IMG_7383.jpg

Su-57 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Seems to be a chatwide glitch that probably occurs serverside. When these glitches occur, it's best to check back with global chat.

Nikkie! likes this.
  3. NathanaelK

What do you mean? Like, ask other people if they're having the same problem?

Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

Exactly. If everyone has the same problem, it's not your device that is malfunctioning.

Nikkie! and NathanaelK like this.
  5. NathanaelK

All right, thanks!

6. TheAntiSnipe

Glad to help!

P.S. About a year ago, when we didn't have that guildmate display capability, we got this exact same issue. Maybe the next update is going to change chat? It's high time imho.

7. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

I think there's another similar glitch on the list of those players you have blocked, you can't see any players in the list while your friend list is broken.

8. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I often get a similar bug after battle but it also only shows the last guild member I spoke to as being on line, I know it’s a bug as before the battle the battle I had many friends on line and can still see em chatting in world chat at the moment when I took this screen shot I also had 2 other guild mates on line C2D27CDF-213B-4129-BCC0-93BC49E8A1B3.png to top it off it clears all chat history in private and guild chat and My txts won’t send
    Its a bug I first saw a long time ago but, it was very rare and simply closing app and reopening would solve it.
    It’s been happening more and more lately and restarting app doesn’t fix it lol it just seems to go away on its own eventually 0DF1DCFF-B866-4423-81D9-B2A0097B1AE6.png

super_sonic181 and Nikkie! like this.
  9. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Happened to me yesterday, I just restarted the app and it was fixed.

Nikkie! likes this.
  10. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I want to remove all friends at once.

To many of them not playing.

I want playing friend only.

super_sonic181 likes this.
  11. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

Something like select and remove , rather than open each account and remove..

Sewah likes this.
  12. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

i face the same, many times

13. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    happened to everyone .