1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why some Higher ranked players are like this .

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by Su-57, 4 Apr 2019.

1. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    today i suggested a new player building a big bandage . then a NM player was like 'shooter with bandage NO ' . i said i use shooter and i know it works . that player said , look at my global rank i know better . why NM players are like this . why they think they know better just because they have NM badge which they mostly don't plays once they reached there lol .
    why they don't understand what work best at NM may not work same at someone who is just starting . for example if we talk about yellow item , at lower ranked with less training stun may feel like useless but when someone have t4-t5 level stun with max training it can stun someone for 9-10 second compared to 2-3 second .

and why just because someone have higher Ranked think he/she knows better . why they have a strange behavior for lower ranked players . like that player was telling me look at his rank and a kinda laugh at master league .

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

The entire ecosystem at the higher levels is different. Shooter with a bandage, even a big bandage, is a clear nope. Same mechanic for stun.

Metas wax and wane based on level and infamy, that is an undeniable fact.

And although I despise anyone who pulls rank on anyone else, I'd say the NML player was right. Bandage on a shooter... XD. You'll get smoked after you cross a certain infamy. It's a very scenario-specific build. And considering the entire ecosystem of the game with insanely high damage output, I daresay shields work better than bandages in most cases.

I'll give you an example. HP with t4 epic big and std shields in NML goes up to 12.6k. A single burning shot from an excannon takes off 3k HP. If you take off a big shield, it's one less excannon shot you can tank. And for a shooter on the frontline, that's A LOT.

Ofc there's quite a lot of gear in BB that works really well at the early game, and is stupidly underpowered in the lategame. Cannons, mortars, gatling gun... The list goes on. But if the early game player is not warned about the consequences of building such items up too heavily, they will waste a LOT of precious time.

*Remembers stupid mistakes made in the past and snickers*

Nikkie! likes this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

Also, this has always existed in Battle Bay. Rank prejudice, guild prejudice, heck, K/D prejudice... These things do still happen. And of course, they are bound to, in a game with these heirarchies. All you can do is hope that you will one day wipe the floor with these pieces of crap. And of course, if it does get too bad, you can also talk to a MOD about this harassment;)

FYI I did just that the day I got to NML. A whole lotta bullies died on the Bay that day. It was two days before Christmas too! :D

Su-57 and Nikkie! like this.
  4. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Snickers, right?
    First I thought you meant THIS:
    4D2D166A-BE37-477B-B5E7-3792F528FB14.jpeg

But after asking translate I knew you looked like THIS:
    18F9EEB2-019E-4040-A8F8-0C92FFD0D7F2.jpeg

5. TheAntiSnipe

6. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    i had same thinking before big bandage . i used to put 2 shields and used to say i can take one more exp cannon shot . but big bandage changed a lot . at the moment my t3 epic big bandage is doing 230-240hp per click . and i don't even have all epic perks for it . at t5 maybe it will do 350+ hp per click . maybe for all close range setup its not gonna work but as i use mix of long range and mid range setup i can get good heal . i do get hit by 2k-3k dmg shots so it healp to stay alive in some situation . and also as before when sometimes speeder in unfriendly left against me for 1v1 . now when he run away for heal i also get good amount of hp gain . so if speeder hide away for heal and think to do hit and run heal strategy its not same as it used to be. in some battles i was like 200hp but i gain 4k hp , which was enough to win . 230-240hp from t3 big bandage not bad . maybe NM players are not using it because they have to have T5 items at NM level so once rng give the enough copies to build a T5 epic big bandage maybe some players may start using it and change some play style .

7. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    good point made

Su-57 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  8. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

WHAAAT? You have a 50% win rate, just like 99% of players? Well, I'll have you know that MY win rate is 52%, so I CLEARLY know more about the game than you.

By the way... Big Bertha is OP, frost needs a nerf, enforcers are best played like shooters, defender is the true support king, and everyone should always carry a gear lube.

edit: oh my... I just wrote that, then decided to calculate my actual win rate... rounded to the nearest whole number, it's 52% lmao
    edit again: Just checked... Anti's win rate is 53, so I'm going to pretend I was talking to my cousin Buford, who happens to be anti-sniping.

Last edited: 7 Apr 2019
    Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

Screenshot_2019-04-07-07-52-14-252_com.miui.calculator.png
    Nearly 54% lol there's very few people that are gonna pull rank on me these days:D

Redneck Messiah and Nikkie! like this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

Risking taking a BB into battle when many teams get 2 fixers at the endgame rarely pays off, when you consider that the loss is nearly three THOUSAND HP for a selfheal over there. I cannot recommend a big bandage to push league to a newbie who might want to do so, and might not be smart enough to take cover when the first rounds fly at him.
    The problem at hand is complex, moreso than many think it is.
    • You are giving an item recommendation to a new player who may not be familiar with the kind of playstyle big bandage requires.
    • You are telling them that the item you are recommending is endgame-ready, indirectly, with your advice.
    • Sure NML does not work the same as the lower leagues, but the one thing that IS common, whether it's NML or the lower leagues, is the cold, hard value of HP on hand, versus the value of HP on demand. Remember, HP that you CAN gain is never the same as HP you have, ESPECIALLY on a class that cannot "run" after a "hit".
    And this is why I said that, though I found that NML player's answer to YOU distasteful, in no way was his advice thoughtless. That's just my opinion on the matter.

11. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    I don't have 3000hp shield . if i remove bige shield i only lose 1400hp . 240hp per 5 seconds mean i can recover it in almost 5 clicks . and sorry when i was not using bandage most of higher ranked players were telling me to use bandage so don't know why now players finding it wrong when i suggested . i was not using bandage because from small bandage 80-100hp was not worth enough but big bandage is different thing . before started using it i tried to level up my shooter to have max hp at my captain level . if i get more copies of bandage i will explore more possibilities .

and i suggested it to player who was already using small bandage so replacing it with big bandage more better option for him in my opinion.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I'm very happy personally to lose 3k hp for 300+ heals every 5 seconds on my shooter.

Near the end of a close match there's a high chance that fixers have been assassinated, and shooters without personal heals are easy targets for fast ships.
    If im outhealing the speeder who is trying to kill me in a final 1 vs 1 chances are I've won it, and if I'm in a speeder looking at a 1 vs 1 against a shooter with no hp regen I couldn't be happier.

13. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    Just like my recent battle , when i was almost got destroyed in starting . but recovered health and did 20k dmg .

Attached Files:

14. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20190407-212644.png
    I do still have 10500hp on mine though, which is plenty for my defensive style.
    I wouldn't take a shooter to battle with only 7500hp, but I did recently see Blacktail using double bandages/turbo on his.
    Not sure how that worked out for him ;)

15. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    I can't upgrade it more because of captain level . and need another copies of small shield to upgrade it . but i only put bandage when i level up my shooter equal to captain level to get max hp and keep upgrading it when reach next captain level . and i do have a event perk for big bamdage which give heal increase + 80hp .

I do see some speeders and defemders using Big and small bandage together . one speeder was healing 400hp with 2 bandages . don't know how much heal they will get if they have t5 bandages .

16. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

If it's working for you I say go for it man, you are likely also not facing the same high damage weapons that I am at your level.
    There are a rising number of nm players bringing the big bandage into our setups, it's just too good not to use in my opinion.

17. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    i do face some 2k dmg railguns and 3k dmg torpedoes and mines . lots of players now have legendary items . but NM have more powerful weapons then what i face . more like 8-9k gear score players .

TheAntiSnipe likes this.