1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Casual mode damaging the game

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by tr00po, 5 Apr 2019.

1. Micro

Micro Active Member

Thats Occupied
    if ranked it needs to be 2x reward in casual -10 percent i guess ehhh i dont have much idea on this

2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Ranked is the cancer in the game. Pretending that Infamy is meaningful when players in ranked matches span 50% of the entire Infamy spectrum is the joke. Do all the enticements you want to get players into ranked, but it'll still be meaningless until that core issue is fixed. Nerfing casual will guarantee that I start looking at spending my time in other games.

3. Micro

Micro Active Member

Thats Occupied
    yes its something on what position "you" in the game if you are good or bad for some players.

4. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

If you are bad at a mode, this doesn't mean that the mode is bad. You can simply stay out.

I'm glad that you said this. Basically, since no one play for the unnecessary rewards then they can be nerfed.
    I don't know why you don't understand the fact that ranked is high risks and casual is no-risks. This is why some people are just afraid to play ranked.
    Regarding nerfing the rewards, I'm totally not targeting players like you to come back. I'm simply targeting players who are capable of winning, but they don't play because they have a replacement for ranked with very good rewards and zero risks.
    My point is simple and clear.
    No offense.

5. Nicolas

I will say it one more time:
    League bonus barely form any different for an average player between casual and ranked.
    The point is that some players are capable of winning, but they avoid ranked because it's the only risky mode. They have a replacement with almost same rewards, more freedom, and no-risks.
    Nerfing gold/sugar (again not removing) for casual and buffing them for ranked to make it like one ranked battle is equivalent to five casual battles will bring back these players to ranked.
    For people who avoid ranked because they are losing, this shouldn't be a problem gold/sugar will be just down by 50%, and you have special events.. or they can go for guild questing to make-up the changes which is in both cases positive.
    In general, players who avoid ranked because they are losing are totally out of this plan. It's a totally different problem, and hopefully it will be solved soon.

6. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    and how you really think casual is easy and players who play more casual are not capable of winning . thats also a wrong statement . i don't understand how players who used to be over 3-3.5k infamy now after recent updates lose infamy reached 1000infamy . suddenly became inexperienced according to this statement .
    casual also bring good competition . players with same or sometimes even more gearscore . they also try to give everything . so you can't say who is capable who is not and . some of them also play other games , they are good players so don't judge ability of someone based on what battle mode they play more .

in case you was indirectly pointing towards me . i am attaching screenshots of both Ranked and casual .

Attached Files:

Last edited: 7 Apr 2019
  7. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I play cos it’s fun yes, but if I can’t earn rewards it won’t be fun for long once my progress stalls! Lol your idea is a joke! Nerf something that so many like to play just because they’re not playing with you in ranked
    Your a broken record with with all your balancements and nerf this and that! It’s mind boggling it’s constant on discord and no one agrees judging from all the responses I read!
    If I new I could simply mute people on discord I wouldn’t have left

Last edited: 7 Apr 2019
    Sidd gamer likes this.
  8. Nicolas

I will simply say, thanks for personal attack because it clearly proves that your point is very weak.
    And FYI the majority of experts agree with me.
    They all support me.
    Next time try to criticize the idea not the person, because this will just leave a bad image not to mention making your point weaker.

9. Nicolas

No man, I clearly stated that it's targeting ppl who avoid ranked although they are capable of winning. I know friends who can easily go for 5k but they don't play for the simple fact that they get more than enough rewards from events and casual.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

So you’ve been playing a cancer mode for almost 2 years? You think that a meaningless mode is the ways to go? People have been manipulating casual for guild quests is OK? There are a lot of cheesy things going on there but it all ok with you. There is virtually no competition there at all. Rovio doesn’t make any money there. All is OK with you because you fear competition. All your losses were your teammates faults and all your wins were your doing singlehandedly.

Nicolas likes this.
  11. TVNPryde

You clearly not getting through to them. People who plays the same amount of games in ranked in the same amount of time will progress more than people in casual. That’s just common sense because of better rewards and more competitions. I always wonder how ones can progress in casual relative to others?

Nicolas likes this.
  12. Nicolas

The only difference between casual and ranked is leagues bonus. I get +160% which make ranked ×2.6 more rewarding than casual. However, queue time for me is an average of 10mins, so I'm capable of doing 3 battles in casual instead of 1 in ranked with zero risks and more rewards in total. My point is to make it ×5 more rewarding for an average player. It just can't be done by just buffing ranked gold/sugar rewards. You can get an average of 40k gold (without VIP) in casual which is way more than enough to buy the parts and pieces you need to keep progressing (gear side).
    The point is to go down to 50% which is average of 20k gold and increasing gold in ranked by 50% to 60k. With league bonus for an average player it should be 5 to 1.
    People can get fast progression in ranked. Keep in mind that the only difference now is the extra league bonus which is negligible at the beginning of the game. Now, it promotes casual more than ranked. With this nerf/buff, players will understand how important is ranked from the beginning, and players who are capable of winning will find ranked more appealing.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

I play casual quite often, when I know I can’t play with full concentration or play non-main ship for guild or daily quests. I don’t like to bring smaller ships to ranked. That is the main reason that I play casual.

I still do have a wish that I want to improve infamy and for that, I am leveling up my gears. If I don’t play any ranked any more, I wonder how you feel the progress? Sure, you get better gears, but how do you see your improvement only from casual and event? A high infamy makes me happy. Of course when I lose, I am frustrated and sad.

I have to encourage myself to play ranked. I wish, the no event interval is longer. Currently we have only 1 - 2 days. It used to be 3 days long and only on the weekends. I like that way better. Then I would play more ranked.

Regarding the tanking issue in nml, I can imagine that they don’t like to play any more. You lose too much due to just only 1 infamy. They could make the gap smaller? 1000 infamy gap between nml 1, nml2 and ace 1 is also big. I wish I had a smaller reachable goal.

TVNPryde, TheAntiSnipe and Nicolas like this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

On the note of asking people, "How are people who were at 3.5k infamy going all the way down to 1k?", I would like to say that anyone who goes down that hard clearly did NOT play to win after they lost the first 300-400 infamy. Why? Because anyone smart enough to recognize a streak should pre-emptively stop playing. This is even truer for an experienced player at 3.5k infamy.

Nicolas likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

I like this one. It's bold, and tbh, does not hurt players as much. But is it really necessary to nerf casual? Can't a further Ranked buff suffice?

16. TheAntiSnipe

You still haven't addressed the issue that there's people like me who don't care about the rewards and actually love throwing down against the best of them... But don't play Ranked because matchmaking is garbage?

What if Casual is nerfed... And Ranked remains the septic tank of 4-fixer-vs-1-fixer matchups and 200 infamy teammates in 4k infamy battles?

benguin8 likes this.
  17. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Your very welcome but it doesn’t prove that my point is weak, only that I’m not any good when it comes to debating with someone I disagree with
    You say it won’t turn people away I’m saying it will
    At the very least it will turn me away from playing as the reasons I don’t play ranked regularly are still the there, and if I can’t progress through playing casual at the same rate as I am now then there’s no point

ranked can be made more attractive to players with out nerfing casual rewards lol it’s simple

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  18. TheAntiSnipe

See, this^^ is also a problem. Everyone in this thread thinks it's all about rewards. It's not. The issue, the CORE issue, is matchmaking. It's shit everywhere you go, but it becomes REALLY bad in Ranked where it should basically have more value!

Show the players that matchmaking has been fixed, watch them swarm back to Ranked.

benguin8 likes this.
  19. TVNPryde

Part of ranked MM problem is the lack of players playing. Enticing players with extra golds/sugars rewards is one way but it probably not enough. The league status is too important for many to risk it. I suggested a while back to pump more infamy into the pool like +25/-24 for each battle. Keep that for 2 seasons then adjust the numbers later on. The excess will be cleared by season resets. This will help the campers to have less worry about losing the league status as they will gain infamy.

I also said that the accounts that lost 2000+ infamy likely not belong to the original owners. Just watch them when you have the chance.

The reason I think casual is bad because I know many players manipulated it for guild quests. If 2 sets of fleeted guild mates try to join casual battles at the same time and put into the same battle, then they will cheated the system for faster questing without a care for others in that battle. If you can’t think of how, I’ll can explain later. So is that acceptable? Is that fair for other guilds? We’ve seen the ways people exploited this game when given the opportunity to do so.

Tweaking Murphy’s Law: “Anything can be exploited will be exploited.”

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  20. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Do you want these fleeting questers in ranked mode? Cos that’s exactly where they’ll end up if you make casual un appealing! I know it won’t be quite as bad as they will have a harder time manipulating the system to join a second pair, but one fleeting pair with crazy quest builds will be bad enough to upset everyone
    It may not happen in night mare? But it was a regular sight before casual came along all the way through masters and even ace 3
    We’ll also have all the solo players with thier quest builds

TheAntiSnipe likes this.