1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Alternate of current Ranked system

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Su-57, 7 Apr 2019.

Tags:
  1. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    After some recent updates lots of players who used to be at 3000+ infamy lose more then half of their infamy . and once they lose that much infamy they are in a trap because they keep getting battles against 3-4k infamy players but because now they are under 1000 infamy . they can't even fleet with any fixer or player if their level which can face 3-4k infamy players . this can happened to anyone.

Current system is not based on individual performance . one can sink 3 or 4 unfriendly and still can get -24 infamy . that kinda result is frustrating for players and making player off from Ranked . and removing casual or event not gonna solve anything .

I think there is a need of a different Infamy system which is more based on individual performance . i know some veteran players may not like new fresh ideas but still would like hear from everyone new and veteran players .

One of the idea i was thinking , rather then giving +24 or - 24 infamy for every battle . let players give a target of playing like 150-200 battles every season per week . then give them trophies based on total wins , kills, dmg and heal or something like that . then every month Ranked Badge will improve based on 4 seasons trophies . but it will be based on only on given number of battles or task . and as ranked badge improve they can make target more challenging for them .in this way Casual mode can became new ranked or Ranked can became new casual . it will be less stressful . its Just one idea . maybe other players can have more .

Ddogfish and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

For one. I'm not attacking you or anything, but these remarks of yours make it sound like you are indirectly attacking veterans. It may not be your intent to do so... But that is what I'm pretty sure many of the readers of your thread read it as.

Moving on... Such a system was indeed attempted by the developers in January, but it failed to the point that it had to be removed altogether.
    Now, I'm sure many of us do not want a repeat of this. However, I am definitely in favor of another attempt at this "granular infamy" concept.

3. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    i am not attacking anyone but some things are something different for new and mid range players then old players . so sometimes they don't try to understand the prospective or issue . because once training is maxed and have most of setup t5 things get different then rest of the players .

and i remember the Infamy changes . it was not based on performance so they had to remove . i remember when i did max dmg but still got -25 but team mates who did very little got -16 so it was not good . it make player more frustrated . they were expecting something which is more based on performance . so why they should get +16 or -25 infamy when they did best .

and here my idea is different then that system . its not +24 -24 infamy per battle but more based on overall performance of a season . but how they gonna calculate thats Devs can decide because they know more about what kinda data they get .

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  4. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Individual infamy based on performance is very bad for the simple fact that we don't/won't have a system that reflect real contributions in battle. Any individual infamy will kill support ships except fixers.
    There is no benefit from your proposal. It won't solve "my teammates suck" problem. On the inverse, it will just promote noobs who rush, deal damage, and die first, then they blame teammates.

I talked to devs about scaling infamy not based on matches. It's just scaling infamy in general. For a new player, you can have ±25 per match. Every 500 infamy this number will go down by 1, so for a 3000 infamy player, you will have ±19.
    The point of it is to keep feel of progression for new players, and the same time risking less infamy for players who supposedly care more about their infamy i.e the more you go up.
    It will reduce the feel of risks in ranked, and it will absolutely bring back some ppl who think that 24 is too much to risk.

TheAntiSnipe and Su-57 like this.
  5. GarudaHitam

GarudaHitam New Member

the maximum infamy for fleet is 800 but when in battle we fight or make friends with players who have infamy in excess of 1000. this is unfair. it would be better if we can also fleet with players who have infamy above 1000

6. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

So you’re complaining about ranked MM has a spread of infamy too wide but you’re asking for a wider range of fleet? Take a stand on one side. Support your own arguments.

7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I think it's just a callout on the hypocrisy of the current matchmaking system. If +800 is too much to fleet, it's also too much for the all match participants.

Nikkie! likes this.
  8. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

MM is forced to expand to accommodate the limited players, not by choice. The very choice you made not to play ranked contributed to why ranked has to expand its searches to get enough players for battles. You want a better MM system when you are part of the problem?

9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Being forced to do something wrong is still... wrong. This isn't a chicken or egg thing. I see enough 4-5G GS deviations in Events and Casual when everyone is all in to know that going back to ranked is not going to fix it. Don't fool yourself into thinking it will. The system needs to change to adapt.

Nikkie! likes this.