1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

You can purchase some shop items with Sugar?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Ultrah, 16 Mar 2019.

1. Battler

Battler New Member

Really because I’m getting sick of them messing up this game. This might be it for me.

2. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    lol , I am sure Rovio have team with same mind set . i mean how can you say that . one can have 4m gold but all parts which used to be for gold are available only for sugar . simple fix is to give option to player if they wana use gold or sugar . its not difficult to give an option to use between gold or sugar . but yes great fix , don't buy parts lol .

i know they have done it based on NM players suggestion , who have finished max trainings but they forgot big part of the player base who have not finished training . they need sugar to train now progress which was already slow get more slower .

if they keep doing it , maybe players will say they not gonna fix . don't play the game .

Last edited: 24 Mar 2019
    Nikkie! likes this.
  3. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

:confused: I thought the game changed it back this afternoon...

It happened again...:confused:

Attached Files:

Last edited: 24 Mar 2019
    Nikkie! likes this.
  4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Being that I've already proved that gold is the more rare commodity, sugar in the ship is an overall benefit. Reading more, most of the complaints in this thread seem have nothing to do with sugar... the core issue remains is the lack of availability of parts/pieces/perks in the shop.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  5. Kirk

Kirk New Member

Items are maxed to 40 or 50. The ones that are 40 I don't have the double epics to evolve them. I buy parts and pieces in the shop but you cant buy yellow. My cpt level is only 47 so I cant evolve my ships further with gold. All I need now is sugar to train and once I get the double epics to evolve, ill need even more sugar to level them up. That is why I need sugar and not gold. I am not level 50 nor do I have all level 50 items yet.

6. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

Somehow my level was 47 and want to use my sugar...(I just level up to 48 few days ago)

Nikkie! likes this.
  7. Battler

Battler New Member

It’s true the a availability of parts in the shop is horrible. As a player adanvces through higher infamy higher level parts and perks should be available. No one at infamy 3000 want a rare or common perk. Stop wasting our time by proving the option. I want an option for 800 rare parts and 100 epic.

This whole gold vs sugar thing is stupid. In the shop you should be able to make purchases with either.

Rovio: clean up the shop or you will lose even more players. I have 4.5 million gold and nothing to spend it on. Fix this! If there is no change I will quit this game by the end of the month after 2 years of playing.

8. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

If you're sitting on 4.5mil gold, upgrade some boats? Or are you level 50 across the board?

9. Battler

Battler New Member

All boats at max level 47. I am using all my sugar to upgrade talents which will put me up levels to upgrade boats. Sugar is used for talents as per original design of game. Gold should be used to buy parts. Now I have to choose between talents or parts while my goal is full. This is frustrating.

How now?

10. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

I was level 47 1 week ago, but I don't have this problem...I was still training my crew also buying parts.

Nikkie! likes this.
  11. envylife

I wish I had your problem. I have a single boat at max level after 2 years... I've never had the gold to upgrade ships, because it all goes to parts in the market.

12. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Yep, I still can’t wrap my head around how anyone can have too much gold. Just buy uncommon crates, or start actually buying parts.
    I buy
    Epic parts 50,25,10,5
    Rare parts 400, 200, 60
    Uncommon 1000, 350
    Common 2500
    All rare and epic pieces

*the green indicates what I could buy when it was only gold.
    And yellow for the ones I would only buy sometimes.

My sugar has always been maxed out, and even currently my sugar is maxed out. 36 hours til my training is done.

Considering that sugar has always been constantly full, I would say that its been a broken balance, and now its much more balanced, the more you play the more sugar you have. now perhaps your quota has risen, but you are by no means forced to spend it in the shop. also the star quota is 1/5th of what it was before (although most people never got 75stars per day) and the current star crate is worth a few of the old ones.

I love that I can now clear out my shipments, and I could easily be buying tons of uncommon crates for gold, to gather more epic cells, and if I did that often enough I would eventually start buying shipment refreshes for 25pearls... however, instead of continuing to play for hours to buy those crates, I simply clear out my shipments and find something else to spend my time on :)

envylife likes this.
  13. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist

they are influence by veteran players who are captain lvl50 and have t5 items . for them sugar get over flows and wasted . so its for them not for new or mid range players who need to built items and need to finish more training .

after this update i am having 3-4 days gap between training next . and also now need to choose if i should skip parts or training . because i need parts to level up item and also need to finish training can't do both together as used to . so progress is slow . but this issue is only for new players who are between captain lvl1 to lvl40 .

Djradnad likes this.
  14. Djradnad

Can certainly see that’s if your captain level and league are lower, would take more games to earn what you need. I played tons when I was lower level, but for the average player which plays less, this economy change may need you to change how you buy parts.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Heya, just wanted to let you guys know about this:
    IMG_20190407_070840.jpg
    Let's see how it goes!

Nikkie!, envylife and Ultrah like this.
  16. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Do you think there’s any disadvantage to giving people the chance to purchase 400 rare parts and 50 epic parts every time the shop gets refreshed? Like, would Rovio lose sales if there was actually something to spend gold on in the shop at every refresh?

I ask because I’m constantly at 4m+ of gold but the shop doesn’t always have something to spend gold on.

Nikkie!, TheAntiSnipe and envylife like this.
  17. envylife

Before Change
    • Gold overflow? Buy the 100k crates
    • Sugar overflow? You are SOL.
    After Change
    • Gold overflow? Buy the 100k crates.
    • Sugar overflow? Buy parts in the shop
    It's an overall positive improvement to the game economy.

Let's go over the whole use case. The worst possible scenario with this change is this: you are full of gold and not on sugar so you buy less parts from the market. Buying less from the market means you will upgrade less, and you will start accumulating more sugar, and you can start using that sugar to buy more parts in the shop. Still too much gold? Buy 100k crates, which give you parts when you scrap them. Again, a positive progression.

Seriously, where is the downside here?

Djradnad and Micro like this.
  18. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    i play lots of battles . but still low on sugar because reward per battle are low then what we need to buy parts , level up item and training . they should give option to choose between gold or sugar to buy parts it will be good for new player and veterans .

i am almost closer to 800 coins at the moment . i got 3m gold but not reached 1m sugar . because in simple words demand is higher then supply . giving option to choose gold or sugar will be good .

19. Djradnad

Ewww, is that discord light mode?
    I don’t see the point of having choice for each, because u get less sugar.. another option would be to just make it one currency. Piku also suggested that ship pieces should be one currency since you can already choose which box you buy now.

20. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

So that's what that is? I honestly didn't recognize that as Discord.

Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.