1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Close casual while there is event you [expletive] devs

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by DerrickRose, 2 Apr 2019.

1. DerrickRose

DerrickRose Active Member

Can you stop making me play with 4fixers with speeder or enforcer/ 5fixers against 4 shooters in Rank mode?
    Is it because of the low volume of players?
    Do your freakin job devs!

Sidd gamer likes this.
  2. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I vote to close casual permanently. It became a hiding place for people that don’t belong to a league. Funny that few claimed they don’t care about infamy but yet worry about losing infamy so they don’t play ranked. The wait time is getting ridiculous now after midnight pacific time zone.

3. VantaBlack

VantaBlack Active Member

Don't close casual but instead just take away all gold and sugar and pearl rewards. Casual should be a place to try new builds or items

Sidd gamer and NathanaelK like this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Analyzing the core of the issue, I don't think we can say for sure that the reduced player pools are a direct cause of the fiasco that is Ranked these days. Even when we had no casual mode, people just stopped playing Ranked altogether, choosing to wait out until events began.

I guess you could call me one of the people who "hide" from Ranked. My reason is simple: Ladder anxiety. I may not be scared of fighting tough enemies (I'm crazy that way, the higher chances are that there's someone I have no chance of beating, the more I'm attracted to them as opponents :D) but I do hate it when, despite all my skill, the game stacks me up consistently against top-tier teams with people who barely know how to shoot on mine. Like, you want me to fight the likes of HXD Peterking, fine. But ask me to do it with Mr. Mortarspammer, Mr. "Walls are shoot-through", Mr. Mine Castle and Mr. The-reticle-is-green-so-I-tapshoot... Like, really?

Look, if I'm going to play Ranked, someone needs to make Ranked make sense. Is having teammates deserving their infamy too much to ask?

TL;DR:- Nerfing casual because nobody plays Ranked is probably not the solution that we as players are going for. If they remove casual AND at the same time make it so that Ranked matchmaking deltas are no more than 200, and only imbalances of <=2 fixers are allowed, hell yeah I'll play Ranked! Tell you what, I'll push NML1 if they do it.

5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Well said @TheAntiSnipe.

Battles are already frustrating enough with the perception that your side is a magnet for the bad players, but to add a personal Infamy impact on top of ever widening (read: poor) matchmaking criteria is the straw that broke the camel's back. I'd argue if anything should go it is ranked because when ranked matches players greater than a 10% Infamy delta across participants, it's no longer a proper ranked match... its RNG. If I want the RNG challenge I'll stick to casual and events against players 2X my Infamy (and 1/2 my Infamy), as at least that matchmaking mess doesn't adversely impact my league rewards.

Last edited: 4 Apr 2019
    Aether_Zero, JoshW, GigaBeard and 2 others like this.
  6. REAL"

REAL" Member

I agree Casual mode should take away gold and sugar in order to encourage more player play rank mode

The waiting time during event time is too long

Or, they can keep casual mode, but change the infamy system of rank. The gain/loss of infamy should depends on individual performance

Last edited: 5 Apr 2019
  7. GigaBeard

GigaBeard Member

Infamy rewards for a match should align with a players performance like stars and coins. There can be a bonus for winning. You play well and win - then get more infamy, you play well but lose - you lose less infamy. You mess up and get killed in the first minute you get less reward. Seems simple and common sense. @devs I'd love to hear from you the reasoning for the current infamy reward system.

I also propose that they make the match stickers mean something. They might get you some additional bonus infamy as part of the performance rewards.

How about adding/awarding power cells for ranked victories as well?

I think it should be more about rewarding excellent gameplay in ranked matches than taking stuff away from the casual games. I like having the choice. Sometimes I'm playing on my phone or just wanting to warm up for a few games before moving on to playing ranked. The most frustrating thing which we all can agree on is losing infamy because the rest of the team played poorly for whatever reason. When you do your best in a match and that effort is not rewarded by the game (ie it's out of your control) that just leads to frustrated players and frustrated players will leave the game sooner or later.

DerrickRose and Cavy like this.
  8. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I think it's too late to go back on casual mode. Removing the mode now will likely just push more players away from the game all together.
    The problem with matchmaking is that there aren't enough players queued at any given time to put together balanced battles.
    What's happening is as a player queues the system tries to find equal players to make a balanced match and since it cannot, it expands the parameters until it finds the 10 closest players it can.
    The result of this is long wait times and unbalanced matches.
    The solution?
    Getting more players of equal levels queued at the same time.
    How can we do this?
    One idea is to introduce periods of boosted rewards for ranked battles.
    Something like a rotating schedule where each league gets ×2 gold and sugar when playing battles during a specific time frame.
    Nightmare - 1:00-3:00 Am/Pm
    Ace - 3:00-5:00 Am/Pm
    Master - 5:00-7:00 Am/Pm
    Warrior - 9:00-11:00 Am/Pm
    Challenger - 11:00-1:00 Am/Pm

Boosted gold and sugar has proved to be a good incentive in event battles and carrying it over to Ranked might be enough to entice players back to the mode.

What do you guys think?