1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

March of the Dead Event Review

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by benguin8, 19 Mar 2019.

1. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

That’s the thing about zombies tho, they’re no threat on thier own only in packs
    I agree the player names in the top bar should probably be marked some how but don’t agree with the targeting bit lol for me the best part of the event is trying to find the last enemy survivor before they find me

Nikkie! and Sidd gamer like this.
  2. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Also a flares and such can reduce that bandage. A good pack can be devastating, then if their survivor is a faster ship they can drop in with an EC and run off again dealing a serious blow. I think the 1v1 endings are quite interesting since you sometimes can’t tell which will win.

3. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Definitely agree with the OP ..

I still think changing the perk box price to 20 coins and keeping the current percentages would be best .. An epic perk every 250 coins on average is fairly reasonable given the small chance of getting the perk you want.

And 20% damage would probably be enough for zombies, but they definitely need the red x's at the top and a black bubble though.

Letting my minions do the work :D
    https://replay.battlebay.net/VPVQBNRX#QGRWLZRM

benguin8, envylife and Nikkie! like this.
  4. Earel

Earel Active Member

Event for self healing fixers, 60% of the players are fixer or reaper, tape and run... u probably can’t reach him anyway in shooter/ enfo/defender/guardian so on... and zombie just block all shots/torps/mine ... all weapons... and u can’t even shot someone on non-nitro boat..
    The worst event ever. No tactics at all. Die and have fun...

5. Djradnad

Ya, I noticed the self healing at the end can be pretty cancerous, I think maybe just nerfing all healing including bandage may do the trick, rather than buffing the zombie dmg very much. When players aren’t healing it’s not really a problem. At least in my experience. The flares don’t help enough, and stun/frost is nonexistent. Perhaps something like everytime an unfriend dies, you lose 20% healing.

Last edited: 20 Mar 2019
    TVNPryde likes this.
  6. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing before I got to the last sentence.

I like the idea of this event very much and hope the devs willing to make wins more meaningful instead of just coin grinding mode.

Djradnad likes this.
  7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

After buying 23 perk boxes at 40 coins each this event, I didn't wind up with a usable perk. I ended up with yet another Fixer perk when I've never played Fixer, and the one Epic perk I got (at half the advertised drop rate)? I already had 2 sitting on items I've never built. Thinking back the last several events I did earn a Legendary, I don't think I've received an Epic or Legenary perk that is useful to the items I play with. Just a couple Rares which replaced standard Rare perks. It just doesn't seem worth the effort for thousands upon thousands of coins.

60 coin perk boxes are grossly over-priced relative to the RNG involved, not to mention the effort. The gold was the only thing worth playing for.

benguin8, TVNPryde, Sewah and 3 others like this.
  8. Djradnad

I just buy ship pieces til they are maxed, and they are getting closer every event (well aside from the month or so I didn’t play event)
    But this epic perk price was pretty tempting this time around, I think it should stay like that.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  9. mustbeunique

mustbeunique New Member

X2 gold was good
    Lowering the Legendary box from 600 to 800 was good (Still did not get it)

Matchmaking sucked, as usual
    I think 90% weapon reduction was not good (maybe 50 or 75)

One event should be 3X HP :) -- maybe some matches would not end in 30 seconds :)

Sidd gamer and HAPPY SITHSHA like this.
  10. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Hated it. Loved the rewards system. I just prefer high kill / high damage games. I agree with the OP suggestions for the most part. They need to be marked better. Red and Green glowing shields maybe. I prefer regular 5 v 5 TDM but appreciate the creativity involved in this latest event.

11. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

How 'bout new events like this?

(2x hp for all boats) + (-50% items effectiveness) [Lengthy match:eek:]

(2x items effectiveness) + (-50% hp for all boats) [Quick match:D]
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sidd gamer likes this.
  12. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Lol I already die in 2-3 hits

Sidd gamer likes this.
  13. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

You think it's the worst event ? Just wait till the next community designed event where some ships will nearly be 2-shot with fire cannon or where all your weapons but torps will be severely nerfed. Only thing good about those events will be the battle rewards.

I personally found 'March of the dead' pretty tedious, not gonna lie it was a great and very creative idea but needs alot of work to make it enjoyable practically. But i think it's still far better than the other winning ideas which I'm really scared to see being live in the game.

Sidd gamer, HAPPY SITHSHA and Nikkie! like this.
  14. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

I think this is a good move of Rovio to give us such an opportunity, though there are some improvements to be done. The rewards were fantastic. I could upgrade my mini ships a bit. Just it was a bit boring after you become zombie, but it's not too bad as I didn't die so quickly as a fixer. The coin distribution should be improved. The one who survived should be more rewarded and not based on the damages.

The idea was innovative within the very limited parameter. Thx for that!

As the events are getting more in routine, it was really good and I am positive with that. Much better than HCTDM, which I wish Rovio gives up.

Last edited: 21 Mar 2019
    HAPPY SITHSHA and Sidd gamer like this.
  15. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Its not easy playing the USF when all all your team turn to zombies. It require tactics for the USF to continue staying alive while being chase or chasing the remaining enemies.

HAPPY SITHSHA, Nikkie! and Sidd gamer like this.