1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

March of the Dead Feedback

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Piku, 20 Mar 2019.

?

How did you feel about the event? Which option is better?

1. 1 - I hated it

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. 2 - It was okay

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. 3 - I loved it

14 vote(s)
    56.0%
  4. Option A

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. Option B

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  6. Option C - added in comments

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Piku

Piku Member

Security
    Hey there, Battlers. Piku here. Just wanted to see how everyone is feeling/felt about the MotD event. I know a lot of people either loved or hated it, but I'd like to have a poll to see some numbers.

Additionally, in the rare case that this event or a similar one comes back in the future, I'm adding poll options for what could be changed. I have 2 ideas based on in-game feedback that could improve the event if it ever returns.

{ Option A }
    • Zombie invincibility removed
    • Zombie item nerf removed
    • Zombie max hp = 25%
    • Zombies cannot damage other zombies
    • Killing zombies rewards 0 points

{ Option B }
    • Zombie item nerf reduced from 90% to 75%

{ Global } ← these apply to both A and B
    • Zombie buffs/debuffs combined into 1 effect
    • Respawn timer = 3s
    • Last Man Standing buff for the last non-zombie player on the team:
    +30% CDR
    +30% Speed

Option A shifts the focus onto rushing as a zombie and trying to deal burst before quickly being shot down.
    Option B retains the undying effect but greatly improves zombie usefulness.
    Last Man Standing is meant to counter the now-stronger zombies from both A and B.

2. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

IMHO, the current ZTDM is acceptable.
    No changes needed.

I use fixer with dual std canon,
    Turning to zombies with 90% weapon nerf can still win the battle.

Nikkie!, Cavy and Piku like this.
  3. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I feel option a would only head back to more of a tdm feel
    If any changes happen at all I’d like to see maybe a mark on player names at the top of the screen to indicate whose alive or infected, but the red invincible bubble removed (tho zombies remain invincible) so there’s no real obvious visible difference and they’re harder to identify
    So that survivors need to pay more attention so they don’t waste time shooting zombies
    My favourite part about this mode is how chaotic it gets as more people die and the hunt for survivors before they find you lol
    Tho if I slip up and die early I do feel my contribution is a little limited I feel that could be improved if enemy survivors can’t simply identify me by a big red bubble
    The limited capacity to deal damage as a zombie encourages you to stay alive and not just run in guns blazing if a single zombie is capable of being a threat to a survivor then people won’t care if they live or die
    In any case if the walking dead has taught us anything, a single zombie is nothing to fear lol they’re only dangerous in packs

I’d be perfectly happy to play this event again in its current state

Last edited: 20 Mar 2019
    Djradnad, Sewah and Piku like this.
  4. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

I will summarize it by this:
    I disagree with most proposed changes.

The event in general is good to break the routine. I have some ideas in mind to improve this event. I will share with devs as soon as I finish it.
    I would prefer combining all zombie speed boost, invulnerability shield, and "debuff" into one.
    I will see if it's possible to remove the extra visual effects and to limit it to a green skin instead of invulnerability shield because it's infinite and annoying.
    I personally prefer calling them infected ships instead of zombies.
    Mainly, zombies shouldn't be able to use any items.
    I will see if it's possible to replace weapons with melee dmg like shipwreck dmg for zombies.
    It will be good to show zombies not as alive ships at the top too.
    and possible other changes.
    It will be a different game mode, but it's in general a really good idea from you guys.

Djradnad and Piku like this.
  5. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Shooter and defender survivors wouldn’t stand a chance
    could work if shooting them with anything had a freeze effect like that cannon perk gives but 100% chance

Last edited: 20 Mar 2019
  6. Nicolas

Not necessarily. Zombies can do almost equivalent dmg with 10% of weapons effectiveness.
    The main point is that it's toooooo annoying to get hitted by many shots at the same time over and over again.
    I prefer replacing them with one melee dmg (5 shots~one melee dmg).
    More fun... less annoyance.
    Hopefully you got my point.

In addition, I will see if it's possible to make them respawn right where they were killed.

Piku likes this.
  7. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I really don’t lol

Djradnad likes this.
  8. Nicolas

Imagine respawning in a green shipwreck.. running around the map and trying to get close to unfriends to burn them with your shipwreck.
    Firstly, all zombies will have the same effectiveness.
    Secondly, it is way better than having to receive many consecutive shots which is too annoying. The visual effects with every shot make it almost not playable if two+ zombies are attacking you.

Piku likes this.
  9. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I understand that, but how is a shooter or defender, or any boat with out nitro or ob, meant to have a chance? Infected boats could sit on them far too easily
    That’s why I suggested that shooting them would freeze or slow them down

10. Nicolas

Simply, some ships have advantages in specific events.

11. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Yes but never have any been made redundant by making em literal siting ducks

12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

As it stands I'd recommend to keep everything about the event, it's good as is with the invincibility and 90% debuff.

There is more strategy involved here than standard TDM, feels like a solid mode. I've seen a fair amount of zombie floaters who don't seem to understand how important a role a zombie can play in the final battle moments, blocking heals, blocking shots.. just don't set off mines and torps by your own teammates because you can kill your own! What a great risk/reward mode this is.

A couple other suggestions:
    1. Make it more obvious who is and isn't a zombie. The screen gets extremely cluttered with as many as 8 zombies, so some UI work would go a long way.
    2. I like the "freeze zombie when shot" idea to make it feel like we can do something to affect them.

Djradnad, Piku, Cavy and 1 other person like this.
  13. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Maybe a slight increase in the damage zombies can do cause for the lower players, their weapons wont be doing that much damage. And personally it takes ages to chip off health off a shooter or defender to the point that multiple teammates need to gang up on one guy just to kill him.

Piku and Nikkie! like this.
  14. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

Zombies shouldn’t be able to kill fast living ships, just meant to annoy them. You’re missing the purpose of zombies.

What I like to see from events is there own infamy that reset for each events. You get coins from reaching certain infamy, not by grinding. This makes the game more strategic. Also something like +12/-10 to the current infamy system in event too. Event will be more meaningful if you have something to lose.

Djradnad and Da Carronade King like this.
  15. Earel

Earel Active Member

Event for children who run in to enemy to meet a death, and than run around enemy in indestructible boat!!! It’s so fun...
    0 tactical at all...

Second part of the play(when u are zombie) should be terrible to play...
    When u are win and stay like a normal boat, u should recive increased revard! And if win like a zombie u should recive normal rewards like . There is not any motivation to stay alive as much as possible...