1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

March of the Dead Event Review

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by benguin8, 19 Mar 2019.

1. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Surprised to not see this yet. People must be playing rather than on the forum. Rather than bashing events, how about some constructive criticism? Did it get anything right? What did you like?

For me,
    THE GOOD
    The 2.5x gold. Really feels like progress. Will feel slow after this reverts back to normal.
    Battles felt fast and I got good coins from them.
    Cheaper perks, but its still not worth it. See below.

THE BAD
    Sometimes a bit too chaotic. I don't know whats going on. Zombies need to be marked better, and not just with MOAR icons. GIve ships a green bubble or color or something.
    Bad labeling of progress. Defeating an enemy should put an X on their name so you can tell who is still alive on your team and your enemy's. Using the 5 markers of TDM does not work for this mode.
    10% zombie damage feels like too little. It really should be 25%. Make it so that zombies have a chance at turning the battle.

THE UGLY
    Perks at 40 coins is still not worth it. You have an 72% change for an UNCOMMON. 3 out of 4 boxes will be crap. I wouldnt mind seeing 3 levels of perk boxes. 20 coins for the current stats. 40 coins for rare increased to 30% and epic to 12%, and 60 coin box with rares at 40% and epics at 20%

SUGGESTIONS
    Would like to see a way to deal with zombies. Maybe shooting zombies stuns them for 2 seconds.
    Zombies should spawn from their wreck, not back at home base.
    A future event of TDM Zombies using a 10 point win. Zombies are not invincible but rather each time you die, you respawn at -25% weaker weapons +25% health. Die 2x, 50% weaker weapons, +50%health. etc.

OVERALL
    Fun event. Would do again!

2. GigaBeard

GigaBeard Member

Excellent review with great suggestions for improvement! I agree completely.
    I'm enjoying the new event style as well overall. Having played nearly 28k battles, it's nice to change things up with a fun take on zombies. I'd say to the devs it's worth fine-tuning this event mode.

I'm also really appreciating the more reasonable 600 coins to get a legendary perk.

Ultrah, Djradnad, Sewah and 1 other person like this.
  3. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I’m liking event too I agree in part with your idea to make zombies more recognisable in terms of being able to tell from thier names at the top of the screen, but I’d like to see the actual boats be less recognisable lol so players actually have to pay attention to know if an enemy is dead or not
    I like the chaotic aspect of having to search for the surviving enemies

JoshW likes this.
  4. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I agree with all points above!
    I like the idea of bumping zombie damage to 25% but it should also come with a movement speed debuff, like 50% ship speed or something along those lines.

Now for some creative criticism ;)
    You don't really March in the ocean, I think "Dead in the Water" would be a cool alternative.
    @Piku @Djradnad

Nikkie!, Djradnad and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Quality review, bumped it up to the devs!

Nikkie!, GigaBeard and benguin8 like this.
  6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

These are the best two takeaways.
    1. Because the game wasn't designed with 1s cooldown the excessive explosions make it impossible to play at times.
    2. With all the fast moving Zombies what's really hard to identify is the last remaining living opponent. Better markers are needed here.

There are two good side effects of this format
    1. We finally have a way to clear mine fields [as a zombie]
    2. Finally respawn limits! It's been annoying to have teammates suicide over and over and throw the match. This way there is some ramification of being an idiot... but they can still participate.

Overall this event should stay in the rotation...best event format to date.

7. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

The best TDM event to date.

Please dont change the zombies weapon nerf.
    90% is suitable.

8. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Piku came up with it, because it is the month of March ;)

TheAntiSnipe, JoshW and Nikkie! like this.
  9. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Also, thanks for the reviews guy, I generally agree with all of the points made.

Also, similar to the OPs suggestion at the end, I think it would be cool in CTF if you lose 10% effectiveness everytime you die. And perhaps with a minimum of 50% (5 deaths)

TheAntiSnipe, benguin8 and Kurd1stan. like this.
  10. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    "Floating Dead">"March Of The Dead"

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Is the event over yet? o_O

HAPPY SITHSHA likes this.
  12. Mr. Patel

Mr. Patel Active Member

Nikkie! likes this.
  13. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

Very Nice review,

But the 2.5x gold and perk box has nothing to do with the event itself. Well for me the(any) event is only what i play and not what i grind, so that shouldn't give any good review to the(any) event.

Don't get me wrong, this event's idea is good but it definitely needs some work, but im not playing it( played less than 10 battles) till they fix this spamming and balance the game otherwise im leaving BB.

14. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

For the most I agree with this review. How to improve this game mode in my opinion:
    • Currently it's hard to spot remaining living players. When player dies their name should be blackened or ticked off from the top screen teams overview and above their heads.
    • When using target lock arrows to change to next target, it should skip zombies and only lock on living players.
    • Zombie ships could look like actual zombies, not just a normal ships inside a bubble. If it's too much effort to create a real zombie skin for every ship, then just make them all black colour.
    • Zombies should be little slower and, in my opinion, do more like 20 % of damage instead of 10. Now a decent bandage can heal player faster than single zombie can ever deal back. With this minimal damage I can't remember a single battle where zombies would've actually made any difference in the outcome. It just feels like a punishment that you're forced to drive around until the end of the battle without much to do. Shooting peas won't change the battle outcome so I'd much rather just start the next battle after death.

15. Silverchris

Silverchris Active Member

Totally agree while good event there needs to be a better way of finding that last person alive on other team. How about they glow a bit instead of zombies, eg the glow been the life force they have compared to the corpses of the zombies.

Also the 20% damage for zombies be fairer than 10% now, 10% means zombies can be totally ignored as who who normally ignore a zombie attacking you except in this game lol

GigaBeard likes this.
  16. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Thanks
    I can’t log in, because the device with Battle Bay is still at home, and I couldn’t login yesterday because I had irl stuff

HAPPY SITHSHA likes this.
  17. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    the players who died became Zombies should have cross on Top player lists . its difficult to give command to team mates about which players to target . because finding last alive player is difficult .

perk boxes are cheaper but because there are like 50 perks in offer so its difficult to get perk which i need .

18. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

This event was getting boring really fast for me. Maybe it’s just my distaste for event. Just a bunch of players not caring if they win or lose as long as they got their coins.

I would’ve like it if the coin distribution is 10/4 for win/loss. This is a team game. Also make this event more competitive.

Lastly, even with zombie mode, the defender is still painful slow.

Sidd gamer, Nikkie! and GSMester like this.
  19. GSMester

GSMester New Member

This is the worst event so far. If I die soon, it's very boring, just waiting for it to end. If the developers were to improve on what's written here, it would be better, but rather to forget.

20. Piku

Piku Member

Security
    Oh this thread is a thing already, should've checked before posting my own lol. Thanks for the feedback anyway!