1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

If you idiots were going to make waves bigger, you needed to make weapons able to aim steeper

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Flipscuba, 14 Mar 2019.

1. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

Because it is unbelievably stupid when a ship is two feet from you and you just can't shoot them because they're at the top of a god damn moving mountain of water and you're at the bottom.

EDIT: Also, you just shouldn't have made the waves bigger. You just made torp/mortar spam even more prevalent

Last edited: 14 Mar 2019
    Sidd gamer and Su-57 like this.
  2. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    waves are too big . sometimes unfriendly boat is 2-3f away with 500-1000hp and match is like 9-9 but wave just block the shot . but main problem is boats are already slow and waves make them even slower .

Sidd gamer and Flipscuba like this.
  3. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Yes, it seems the waves were tweaked a few months ago. As usual, the developers failed to notify the community.
    Did they think nobody would notice?

The amount of "air time" I can get in a speeder now is just insane. I am waiting for the perfect scenario where my speeder actually jumps over another ship. It makes aiming with a cannon a little hard at close range.

Sidd gamer, This Is Me and Flipscuba like this.
  4. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I love the big waves

Nikkie! likes this.
  5. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Waves are all part of the tactical / strategy game of the bay.
    Whilst it sucks when you only have cannons and cant shoot over the top, this shows your opponent is making perfect use of the waves :)
    Always worth taking a torp, missiles, grenade, mortar etc to deal with troublesome waves.

xBonk, Sidd gamer and Nikkie! like this.
  6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Waves are why I don't find RG/Sniper as useful any longer.

Sewah and guykakin like this.
  7. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

Riiiight. Because nothing says "I am skilled at this game" than a Shooter with 3/4 torpedoes launching them across the map on cooldown along with a few of his teammates doing the same. Yep. Totally. Also, you might want to work on your reading comprehension. I'm not even talking about shooting OVER THE TOP. I'm talking about two ships literally being on the same side, but the steepness of the wave still not allowing a direct shot weapon user to hit the one at the top.

Sewah, Sidd gamer and Ultrah like this.
  8. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Wow you really went off there :)
    First of all my reply was aimed at all members of this thread, not you directly hence why I didnt quote directly.
    I never questioned your skill, or anyone else's here, just stating that waves do play a strategic part of the game, and why its good to take a weapon that can hit with high waves.
    Also never suggested a full torp loadout and spam from across the map was a good representation of skill?
    Whether the opponent is the other side of the waves or on top of a high one it is the same scenario and a grenade, torp or mortar etc could land that crucial blow where cannons are redundant.

9. guykakin

guykakin Member

Grenades just hit the side of the wave

envylife likes this.
  10. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Agree.
    Its very hard to hit from far away not,
    This gun now require skill to use it.

Wave should varies in different map, maybe?

11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It doesn't require any more skill, it just requires waiting for waves to give a brief opening. I don't like waiting. Even Grenade is ineffective half the time in the maps with big waves which is one of it's primary advantages. That's ok though, most maps render certain weapons less useful.

The difference I've noticed is on maps with smaller waves I've been getting stuck on them far more often. The waves don't even look big, but my boat just stalls out... so that's a bit obnoxious.

12. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I like waiting, its a duct side skill.

Nikkie! likes this.