1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Do I scrap copies of 2nd weapons?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by envylife, 10 Mar 2019.

1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

As a Shooter I have the following T5E weapons: BC, ExC, Grenade, Sniper, and enough to build a T5E railgun some day. I also have enough dups to build two T5E TS, but not sure I should do both.

I have 1 or more duplicates of each of the above, meaning they would go toward building a second one. have a T2L BC, which makes the epic dups even more irrelevant I suppose. Should I just scrap the rest? There are at about 10 items to build before I'd commit to a duplicate being that 2 of anything is rarely ideal, and being a F2P I can't see that I'd actually be able to get to a second of any of those until 2020. That's literally no joke... I have only built 4 T5E weapons in 2 years.

..or did I answer my own question? Thing is I see lots of NML using double RG, Sniper, and Ex Canon.

Nikkie! likes this.
  2. envylife

Thinking about it more I'm leaning toward scrapping all potential for item dups. I calculated I need about 500 Cells to level up existing unique items before moving onto duplicate items, and I reconfirmed that will be January 2020 based on the Epic Cell give rate, as who knows

Which of course brings the question: Are any items are useful in duplicate? Just a few come to mind:

Small Shields, and Small Bandages: Useful only for Defender.
    Double Tesla Shield: is it worth it after the nerfs?
    Mines: Mine Spamming seems to have some use.
    Double Nitro: ??
    Not much else outside of questing (having a strong one of everything is overall better for questing)

After that, item dups are only relevant for HCTDM. Personally I don't see any way I can build proper HCTDM boats/loadouts before 2020, so screw that. It's a great idea that forgets the progression issues in this game.

What say you?

R2-412 likes this.
  3. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I asked the same question from myself a while back when I started to have significant amount of dupes for my already-t5 items.

My conclusion was pretty much like yours, I decided to start scrapping them except for very few items: sniper (already have two epic t5s that I use on my shooter setup), blast (mainly for potential enforcer setup while I don't have a decent legendary blast yet) and tesla shield (I just want to keep the option of using double on enfo setup if I want so). Additionally I would also save any shield dupes if I had any.

But at the moment I have just so many more unique items left to build that I don't find it realistic to start a second round, at least not within the next two years.

4. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

The game does not currently support leveling multiple epics at the same time. ...sigh... My method is to split to primary and secondary lists. I scrap what I dont want to use now to build my primary stuff. Then in 2020, I will scrap my primary dupe stuff to build the secondary stuff.

For the recent new weapons like teal, std torp, plasma heal-majiggy, I just went for leveling rares. I can use the 10k rare cells and save the epic parts and cells for my stronger weapons.

5. envylife

Crap, so the primary one I want to scrap is exactly the one like two of? What do you see is the value of dual Sniper? I have a Rare I can practice with as a dual, but I'm more of a close range dualist, devoting at least 3 of my 5 slots to the purpose. I may stray out of my norm and remove my BC/ExC combo and see how naked and inept I feel.

I have a T2L BC, so that mostly nullifies the need for a T5E duplicate. For most weapons I use a lot, the legendary achievements provide a T4E equivalent even before it gets leveled up.

As to shields, yea I don't really plan to scrap them just in case I want to run Defender. Unfortunately out of the 500 Epic Cells I have planned out, none of them are set aside for blue items... they should be as I have no epic bandages.

I'm kinda hanging on to extra Turbos as well. They don't seem to fit in the game at this point, yet there is even odds Rovio will go the other way and give T5E turbo value again. Besides I have a T5R and a Legendary of those.

Leveling rares is a good idea.. but they seem as expensive today as they seemed a year ago before I was able to build Epics of anything. I have no choice but to build a rare OB and Big Shield as Epics are ultra rare.

6. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    Wait, how is that the case!?
    Every ship besides Enforcer uses Small Shields and Small Bandages!

7. envylife

That was in the context of multiples of them. Only Defender can use multiple single-slot shields/bandages.

8. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    Oh, right. That makes sense.

9. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Pretty much what I did was scrap epic dupes of items I had max and started building legendaries of the items I wanted powerful dupes of.
    I'm the case of my flare, I absolutely refuse to run duel flares so when my leggy was leveled enough to outperform my epic I scrapped the epic for resources to put towards other items.

10. envylife

I decided there's zero chance of me reasonably building dups, ever, so I scrapped all Snipers and BC's. It saddens me because it took 1.5+ years to get enough dups to build one of each, so it felt like I needed to keep them (had 3 of each), but this game is going nowhere fast. I got to combine to a standard canon and scrapped it too. I had 6 of those, but it didn't fit any of my builds, and I didn't have 100 Epic Cells to spare. It feels like a lot of waste considering how I've received 20 of those 3 items, yet can't receive a single one of the 3 items I want in the past year, and no way to convert one into another.

I'm still on the fence on the second set of Tesla Shields though... and TBH I'm hesitant about spending 40 Epic Cells to make even one T5 after the nerfs...I also don't see anyone with double TS at this point.

11. Kirk

Kirk New Member

Double nitro for my speeder and double small shields for my defender. Don't see any real reason for other doubles to be honest. Some like the bandage I guess too as you say.